Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yeah Vick and Young have been given total passes and have never been crucified in the media.lol

Are you actually trying to say that Vick got off and was given a pass with his dogfighting?

I wouldn't blame him if he did. People are acting since he returned from doing his time, that he tackled some great adversity.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Dude has to bring the ball behind his back to throw it. I don't know how his elbow handles the torque, but it takes fucking forever, which is another reason he takes so many big hits.

True story.

This is actually pretty easy to prove tell me which of these throws is coming from a windup.

[video=youtube;rXlk5B72qZ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXlk5B72qZ4&feature=related[/video]

Please post one video showing him throwing from a wind up.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I wouldn't blame him if he did. People are acting since he returned from doing his time, that he tackled some great adversity.

That has nothing to do with the conception that he has been given a free pass.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
lol that 1st throw was a side-arm throw. Pretty much at least half of the throws were side-arm.

Fortunately for him, he has the arm strength to complete those throws.

Cythim

Reaction score
He was one of the most exciting college football players, THE most probably, the year he declared for the draft. Plus he had unrealized, immense physical potential.

He was drafted #1 overall to get the Falcon fanbase excited, to provide plays both on the ground and through the air early in his career, similar to the expectations of one Tim Tebow, and hopefully develop as a QB down the road. It only took him 8 years to do the latter.

Bull Shit. No one thought Tebow was a first round talent, much less #1 overall pick or future starter at QB. Tebow is not an exciting player to watch, he simply gives blind fans a sense of false hope. Comparing Vick to Tebow is utterly ridiculous.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Bull Shit. No one thought Tebow was a first round talent, much less #1 overall pick or future starter at QB. Tebow is not an exciting player to watch, he simply gives blind fans a sense of false hope. Comparing Vick to Tebow is utterly ridiculous.

I'm not comparing the two, only the expectations each franchise has/had for them. Both when they entered the draft were threats to run and pass the football, and were the two most exciting players in college football. Each organization felt that those instant returns, plus their immense physical gifts were enough to overlook their obvious shortcomings as passers while at the same time, hoping that each would develop into quality QBs down the line.

Cythim

Reaction score
I'm not comparing the two, only the expectations each franchise has/had for them. Both when they entered the draft were threats to run and pass the football, and were the two most exciting players in college football. Each organization felt that those instant returns, plus their immense physical gifts were enough to overlook their obvious shortcomings as passers while at the same time, hoping that each would develop into quality QBs down the line.

Except Vick was a consensus #1 pick while Tebow was rated as what, a third rounder? Vick was expected to perform from the word go while Denver was hopeful they could mold Tebow into something useful.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Tebow defenders talk about the Broncos not having weapons, which I'd dispute since Eric Decker was developing nicely those first few games with Orton. But if they want to toot that horn than Denver will never be good, 'cause they'll never be able to get weapons. What receiver worth their craft (especially the really talented divas) is going to willingly go to play in an offense where they'll get maybe a third of the catches and lose money from their next deal? Not to mention not being able to keep anyone they'd draft past their first deal, if they didn't work their way out of Denver before that. Unless Tebow starts winning championships like Phil Jackson, any player whose pay would be affected by negative stats in that offense isn't going to want to play there.

BangersandMash

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Tebow defenders talk about the Broncos not having weapons, which I'd dispute since Eric Decker was developing nicely those first few games with Orton. But if they want to toot that horn than Denver will never be good, 'cause they'll never be able to get weapons. What receiver worth their craft (especially the really talented divas) is going to willingly go to play in an offense where they'll get maybe a third of the catches and lose money from their next deal? Not to mention not being able to keep anyone they'd draft past their first deal, if they didn't work their way out of Denver before that. Unless Tebow starts winning championships like Phil Jackson, any player whose pay would be affected by negative stats in that offense isn't going to want to play there.

Not only do they have weapons but they have one of the best offensive lines in the league and nobody EVER talks about them. If Vick had those 5 in front of him he wouldn't have to wash his jersey all season. Hell if the Cowboys have Ryan Clady and J.D Walton they win the division week 14.

Reaction score

The blind fans are the ones who can't see what he brings to that team, the intangibles. He pulls that team together.

BTW, who beat the Steelers in the playoffs today? I forget who they played.. heard a QB threw for 300 yards against their tough D though, and ran for 50 more. 3 TD's. Guy must have played pretty darn well..

Top Bottom