Reaction score
They are exactly same or please tell me how they are different. Is it because the worker is always right no matter how stupid his demands? Or is management just evil.

I would assume one is a negotiated wage the other isn't it's a federal minimum wage. Let me know if I am misunderstanding your position.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
It'd be nice if you knew what the discussion was before sticking your nose into it. How about you go and read the discussion then come back with an opinion. Thanks.

Oh, so we're pretending to be the high and mighty, pretentious 2233 again today, eh? I've read the argument, and nothing I said there is off from what has been discussed. You love to come to this board and pretend you are some intelligent person above it all. You forget I've read your crap for years. And intelligence is not something you play off very well. That would be tad amount to ludicre, now wouldn't it?

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It'd be nice if you knew what the discussion was before sticking your nose into it. How about you go and read the discussion then come back with an opinion. Thanks.

I think you are the one who does not understand what the deal is.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
I would assume one is a negotiated wage the other isn't it's a federal minimum wage. Let me know if I am misunderstanding your position.

I said in an industry with an established wage. Like in my expierence book keepers make a minimum of $25 dollars and hour and good painter helpers make 15 and teacher make $60,000 a year. I am talking about any field with an established wage across the industry.

What if management just decides that yes, we know that this job has always paid 30,000, you signed up for $30,000, everybody else is paying $30,000, but we are going to lock out our workers until they accept $15,000? Would you be clapping and back slapping?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They are doing what they think they need to do to get a living wage. It's their choice and who are you to dictate what their wage should be?

I have a news flash for you. If you want a living wage, don't go work at McDonald's or the fast food industry unless you apply for a managerial position. And I don't dictate anyone's wage. That wage was dictated and known when they applied and later accepted the job. If they didn't like it, then go work somewhere else.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score

I think he made a good point, you might want to take your own advice and see how it relates to the thread.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes and I've had people refuse to work for what I pay. Some come back others don't. Their choice.

But this is different. These folks accepted the job then walked off that same job. I'd like to see your business operate if all the fools accepted your offer then one day walked off the job in unison. That's fucking stupid.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
What's their point? That every job should be able to support them and say a few kids--not to mention rent, cars, groceries, clothing, furniture, utilities--regardless of how menial it is?

Reaction score
Oh, so we're pretending to be the high and mighty, pretentious 2233 again today, eh? I've read the argument, and nothing I said there is off from what has been discussed. You love to come to this board and pretend you are some intelligent person above it all. You forget I've read your crap for years. And intelligence is not something you play off very well. That would be tad amount to ludicre, now wouldn't it?
Way to keep on topic would expect nothing less from you.

Reaction score
I think he made a good point, you might want to take your own advice and see how it relates to the thread.

From my point of view I've answered it, that's why I asked if he read the whole thread.

Edit: maybe you're right.

People mentioned the apprenticeship piece before. I never really gave it much thought. I don't know much about it but what jobs can you do an apprenticeship for and how available are they? That being said I still have no issue with people choosing to strike because they want a better wage.

Reaction score
But this is different. These folks accepted the job then walked off that same job. I'd like to see your business operate if all the fools accepted your offer then one day walked off the job in unison. That's fucking stupid.

It isn't different but I didn't give you all the details you wouldn't know. People have accepted the position at the wage I've offered and came back after to ask for more money. Some have stayed others have left.

Reaction score
I said in an industry with an established wage. Like in my expierence book keepers make a minimum of $25 dollars and hour and good painter helpers make 15 and teacher make $60,000 a year. I am talking about any field with an established wage across the industry.

What if management just decides that yes, we know that this job has always paid 30,000, you signed up for $30,000, everybody else is paying $30,000, but we are going to lock out our workers until they accept $15,000? Would you be clapping and back slapping?
Teachers don't make 60,000 across the country, and their salaries are negotiated by a union. Management can't just violate the contract. The others are established wages (from what you said) they had to be negotiated. We'd have to understand how it was negotiated. If you are saying you signed up for a certain wage and management decided to cut it, by saying signed up I take it you have some sort of formal agreement. I think it's different when you accept a job. I have no isdue with prople asking for more money if they believe they are not being properly compensated.

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Teachers don't make 60,000 across the country, and their salaries are negotiated by a union. Management can't just violate the contract. The others are established wages (from what you said) they had to be negotiated. We'd have to understand how it was negotiated. If you are saying you signed up for a certain wage and management decided to cut it, by saying signed up I take it you have some sort of formal agreement. I think it's different when you accept a job. I have no isdue with prople asking for more money if they believe they are not being properly compensated.

Try to stay on subject.

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It isn't different but I didn't give you all the details you wouldn't know. People have accepted the position at the wage I've offered and came back after to ask for more money. Some have stayed others have left.

They asked for a raise,they did not go on strike for a raise.
Two very different actions.

Once on the job,if the INDIVIDUAL performs above expectations,asking for a raise is not out of the ordinary,in some cases,the raise is granted without a request.

However,when the employee does not exhibit a level of performance that justifies a pay raise,colludes with others to request a COLLECTIVE pay raise,then the employee is engaging in activities detrimental to the employer.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Way to keep on topic would expect nothing less from you.

Are you serious? I was on topic. You were the one crying, until a couple others came in and said I was on topic and that they agreed. Does this look familiar?

And as for your weak, "would expect nothing less", same goes for me to you. Stupid is as stupid does.

Reaction score
They asked for a raise,they did not go on strike for a raise.
Two very different actions.

Once on the job,if the INDIVIDUAL performs above expectations,asking for a raise is not out of the ordinary,in some cases,the raise is granted without a request.

However,when the employee does not exhibit a level of performance that justifies a pay raise,colludes with others to request a COLLECTIVE pay raise,then the employee is engaging in activities detrimental to the employer.

I see what you're saying, I still don't begrudge them their choice to do it.

Reaction score
Are you serious? I was on topic. You were the one crying, until a couple others came in and said I was on topic and that they agreed. Does this look familiar?

And as for your weak, "would expect nothing less", same goes for me to you. Stupid is as stupid does.
:lol
One person agreed with you and I addressed it. Anything else?

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Yeah, count me in the crowd that thinks if they don't like their pay they hold their own fate in their hands. Go get another job, or bust your ass to move up into management in your current job.

Top Bottom