MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If they get fired that's the consequence for their strike. They feel they are worth more, why shouldn't the try to fight for more money.
I don't think you understand mobility.
You just don't strike and demand raises while having no leverage whatsoever.
Those who do are replaced quickly.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
If they get fired that's the consequence for their strike. They feel they are worth more, why shouldn't the try to fight for more money.

Because they are just going to be replaced and all thy are going to accomplish is fucking over the guy who gave them a job.

What would be your position if management, in a field with a set wage, said they are going to lock everybody out until they accepted a 50% pay cut because well fuck they would like to make more too...

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score
So we can assume that you will never accept or ask for a raise? After all you knew what the wage was when you took the job.

I don't think that is what he meant.
These workers are striking because they want to earn above and beyond what the market dictates.
How do you feel about overpaying for stuff?
Because paying a worker $12/hr for a $7/hr of labor IS overpaying.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So we can assume that you will never accept or ask for a raise? After all you knew what the wage was when you took the job.

A 100% raise? Get a grip. I know what the current ceiling is in my profession. Asking for double the money is stupid. And these folks aren't "asking." It's assinine for a worker at McDonald's to get paid 13, 14, or 15 dollars an hour in a non-management position.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Military is an option.

As others have said, learn a craft. Don't want to make minimum wage working at McDonalds? Call around to local electricians, plumbers, carpenters, etc. Ask if they're hiring any green horn helpers. Get paid slightly better than minimum wage, and get free on the job training. Put your time in, get a journeymans license, and you'll really have no problem finding a job.

Life is hard. It isn't fair. No one ever said it is or should be. That is the reality. Fuckin deal with it.

No way, dude. That shit's too hard.

Besides, I don't even have to go down to the welfare office to pick up my check anymore. They direct deposit nowadays!

Reaction score
Because they are just going to be replaced and all thy are going to accomplish is fucking over the guy who gave them a job.

What would be your position if management, in a field with a set wage, said they are going to lock everybody out until they accepted a 50% pay cut because well fuck they would like to make more too...
The two situations aren't similar.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
The two situations aren't similar.

They are exactly same or please tell me how they are different. Is it because the worker is always right no matter how stupid his demands? Or is management just evil.

Reaction score
I don't think that is what he meant.
These workers are striking because they want to earn above and beyond what the market dictates.
How do you feel about overpaying for stuff?
Because paying a worker $12/hr for a $7/hr of labor IS overpaying.

They are trying to get more than minimum wage and trying to unionize. The wage isn't set by the market it is set by law. If there wasn't a minimum wage they'd be paid less.

I hate overpaying for stuff but I'm not going to begrudge someone trying to get living wage.

Reaction score
No shit, no one is calling for the national guard to break up the strike, we are saying their choice is stupid.

Good point but all I have ever said is I have no issue with them trying to get a better wage at their jobs and they'd have to live with the consequences of their choices.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
They are trying to get more than minimum wage and trying to unionize. The wage isn't set by the market it is set by law. If there wasn't a minimum wage they'd be paid less.

I hate overpaying for stuff but I'm not going to begrudge someone trying to get living wage.
I begrudge stupidity. All this accomplishes is fucking over the owner. They will not win, and truth fully they shouldn't.

Reaction score
A 100% raise? Get a grip. I know what the current ceiling is in my profession. Asking for double the money is stupid. And these folks aren't "asking." It's assinine for a worker at McDonald's to get paid 13, 14, or 15 dollars an hour in a non-management position.

They are doing what they think they need to do to get a living wage. It's their choice and who are you to dictate what their wage should be?

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score

That's what the argument is. McDonalds is a stepping stone job, one highschool kids work at part time. Or college kids working thru school. It shouldn't be meant for the guy with three kids trying to raise a family. If you are TRYING TO GET A LIVING WAGE, find a job meant for that. When people say educate yourself, it doesn't just mean getting a piece of paper from a college. Working as an apprentice is also getting an education. While being paid and bettering yourself towards that better paying job.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Good point but all I have ever said is I have no issue with them trying to get a better wage at their jobs and they'd have to live with the consequences of their choices.

I don't disagree with this statement.

MetalHead

In the Rotation
Reaction score

I hate overpaying
for stuff but I'm not going to begrudge someone trying to get living wage.

Game.Set.Match.

Reaction score
That's what the argument is. McDonalds is a stepping stone job, one highschool kids work at part time. Or college kids working thru school. It shouldn't be meant for the guy with three kids trying to raise a family. If you are TRYING TO GET A LIVING WAGE, find a job meant for that. When people say educate yourself, it doesn't just mean getting a piece of paper from a college. Working as an apprentice is also getting an education. While being paid and bettering yourself towards that better paying job.
It'd be nice if you knew what the discussion was before sticking your nose into it. How about you go and read the discussion then come back with an opinion. Thanks.

Top Bottom