Reaction score
Since you made me think of it though, i will point out that im getting pretty sick of seeing Romo after every play, pick out the closest guy to him and start bitching and moaning at them. It seriously happens like every other play, and im not convinced Romo is doing his job well enough or that the other guys arn't doing there's well enough for it to be happening continuously. All the crap about the OL, well we've given Romo good time to throw almost every game. Run blocking they have alot to work on, but as far as pass protection goes, they've done a pretty solid job the majority of the season so far.

Idgit

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yea well kristie scales is the cowboys sideline reporter and she is spot on. Bryant lost his mind, after scandrick grabbed him he started barking at the defense to go out there,but it was yelling at coaches and players before that about not getting the ball.

Watch the game, every week he runs poor routes, looks like he is jogging, on third down we should have had an easy completion for a first down early in the 4th, corner sitting down safety to the inside, romo throws it to the sideline, Bryant breaks in....ridiculous....

On the sideline romo had to sit there like a parent explaining to him what to do.....this is his second year, he still can not do his job properly. Coming off a bye week where i am sure they ran the game plan over and over in practice and we still get all kinds of this crap...

It's hard to win with guys like that.

I think highly (relatively) of Kristie Scales, but there'd be an epic shit storm if Dez had been on the sideline complaining last weekend. And his comments after the game were very, very cool and team-oriented. I'm going to assume Kristie misinterpreted his animation as frustration unless I hear it from another source.

Dez does make poor adjustments on a lot of routes, still. That's not all that surprising given the time he missed in the offseason in both his rookie and last year, and the amount of time he's been injured in both seasons already. He hasn't had all that much time on the field.

I really think, and hope, you're wrong about this team unraveling, too. We'll see in the next two weeks, but they look to me like a defense on the verge of becoming dominant and an offense that, when healthy, can put a lot of pressure on regular teams in the passing game. We're not going to play a 5-1 team every week. At some point, the good football (yeah, I said it) we're playing is going to start paying off. When it does, we'll build some confidence, and we've got a shot at getting on a late season roll just when we want to get hot, for a change. Then we can all marvel at how much better a play caller Jason Garrett became and how it saved our season.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think highly (relatively) of Kristie Scales, but there'd be an epic shit storm if Dez had been on the sideline complaining last weekend. And his comments after the game were very, very cool and team-oriented. I'm going to assume Kristie misinterpreted his animation as frustration unless I hear it from another source.

Dez does make poor adjustments on a lot of routes, still. That's not all that surprising given the time he missed in the offseason in both his rookie and last year, and the amount of time he's been injured in both seasons already. He hasn't had all that much time on the field.

I really think, and hope, you're wrong about this team unraveling, too. We'll see in the next two weeks, but they look to me like a defense on the verge of becoming dominant and an offense that, when healthy, can put a lot of pressure on regular teams in the passing game. We're not going to play a 5-1 team every week. At some point, the good football (yeah, I said it) we're playing is going to start paying off. When it does, we'll build some confidence, and we've got a shot at getting on a late season roll just when we want to get hot, for a change. Then we can all marvel at how much better a play caller Jason Garrett became and how it saved our season.

Normally I would be right there with ya.

but for some reason for the first time since the campo years I think the team is what it is and that is not good. It keeps trying to tell us and people like myself keep finding the middle ground, but I really am out of that type of explanation.

the rams this week come in here scoring the least amount of points a game at 9, they give up a ton of yards on defense.

I would bet anything, emotionally they are more energized to play this game than our team is, I bet they at least double their point total. I would go as far as to say with as tough as their schedule has been we might be 1-4 with the same, and that we are the worst team they will have played so far and yes that includes washington. At least washington can line up and commit to running the ball.

so for me, I see doom and gloom starting with sunday. Really not sure why, just a gut feeling. I hope I am wrong.

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The actions of Jason Garrett were something you do when you have a 7 point lead not a 3. Certainly not on the road against the New England Patriots and Tom brady. The defense gave the Cowboys a chance to win, the Offense did not return the favor. I think the Cowboys need to play as though they are getting killed at all times, and I liked the no huddle, I think Romo is at his best with a no huddle. With a 3 point lead you must convert a few first downs and then run the ball and make the Pats use timeouts. Garrett conceded that he hoped defense would stop them and basically gave up, if not what do you call his philosophy at that time? Clock Killing? I dont think so. Something that really has irked me for a few seasons and was very prevalant yesterday though and think about this please------How many passes did Romo throw over 15 yards and I am not talking about a receiver who caught an 8 yard pass and ran 10? You know the answer, I know the answer, and the Pats know the answer. Thats why 8 to nine guys are in the box!! Didn't someone mention we cant run the ball? I wonder why. Duh. I didnt graduate from an Ivy League School either!!!!!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dez wasnt losing it over not getting the ball. Thats clearly what FOX was hoping, but Pam Oliver said that wasnt what they were doing.

I also heard this commented on ESPN Radio the other day, and they agreed with what FOX said during the game, that Bryant was simply showing emotional support for the entire team, and especially the defense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
so for me, I see doom and gloom starting with sunday. Really not sure why, just a gut feeling. I hope I am wrong.

I admittedly am more reserved in my expectations for this season, but as I pointed out I dont think we're out of it at all. We have a relatively easy upcoming schedule and the NFC East is definitely up for grabs. None of these 4 teams is dominant.

We'll beat up the Rams this weekend. The Pats loss stings, but if we beat the Rams the Eagles game the following week means alot more than the New England game did.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dez wasnt losing it over not getting the ball. Thats clearly what FOX was hoping, but Pam Oliver said that wasnt what they were doing.

I also heard this commented on ESPN Radio the other day, and they agreed with what FOX said during the game, that Bryant was simply showing emotional support for the entire team, and especially the defense.

Yea, I will take kristie scales who was standing right there on the sideline as she always is over pam oliver and anyone from espn.

kristie is spot on. Always has been.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I admittedly am more reserved in my expectations for this season, but as I pointed out I dont think we're out of it at all. We have a relatively easy upcoming schedule and the NFC East is definitely up for grabs. None of these 4 teams is dominant.

We'll beat up the Rams this weekend. The Pats loss stings, but if we beat the Rams the Eagles game the following week means alot more than the New England game did.

exactly how I felt two weeks ago.

Now with the new problems thrown in and I just dont see it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
exactly how I felt two weeks ago.

Now with the new problems thrown in and I just dont see it.

We shall see. As down as I am on Romo, he will not play like this every week. The team is going to improve as the season goes on, I have always felt that way. We havent played a complete 60 minutes of football this year, but there are stretches of virtually every game where you can look at us and see how good they could be. Eventually those stretches will get longer.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We shall see. As down as I am on Romo, he will not play like this every week. The team is going to improve as the season goes on, I have always felt that way. We havent played a complete 60 minutes of football this year, but there are stretches of virtually every game where you can look at us and see how good they could be. Eventually those stretches will get longer.

this is where I differ, I believe in romo. I think the ball should be in his hands. That is our identity. Passing the football, being aggressive using our best weapons, romo, austin, witten and bryant. that is where we should be hanging our hat.

The staff going and playing out the game sunday made me feel like they are more worried about being balanced for the sake of it than just trying to win the fucking game.

Think gb or new england give a flying shit what the fans and media think about balance. They will throw it 80 times in a game if that is what the game requires and they wear that proudly on their sleeve.

for some reason here we have a few bad plays and now all of a sudden we have to play like the ravens and try to be something we are not? I dont get it. It said alot to the team and it was a mistake.

The team plays well in spurts on both sides and then plays awful on both sides. Now we have new injuries.

put all that together, team doubting itself, playing conservatively and failing in critical moments with the idea that our running game will now be seriously worse and bryant is a ticking timebomb I have no hope for the rest of this year.

I know this team is going to show up flat and dis interested sunday and will pay the price for sunday against the rams. Its what this core group of guys has always done.

I still like garrett and I like romo a ton. but if they are not on the same page this thing has zero chance.

It killed me hearing laufenberg talking about romo during the game, he was in full on protect garrett at all costs mode. It is so depressing.

Reaction score
Since you made me think of it though, i will point out that im getting pretty sick of seeing Romo after every play, pick out the closest guy to him and start bitching and moaning at them. It seriously happens like every other play, and im not convinced Romo is doing his job well enough or that the other guys arn't doing there's well enough for it to be happening continuously. All the crap about the OL, well we've given Romo good time to throw almost every game. Run blocking they have alot to work on, but as far as pass protection goes, they've done a pretty solid job the majority of the season so far.

He's leadering

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
this is where I differ, I believe in romo. I think the ball should be in his hands. That is our identity. Passing the football, being aggressive using our best weapons, romo, austin, witten and bryant. that is where we should be hanging our hat.

I'm not disagreeing with that. Thats why we've passed as much as we have for the last few years. Its smart football. You take advantage of your strengths.

The staff going and playing out the game sunday made me feel like they are more worried about being balanced for the sake of it than just trying to win the fucking game.

Think gb or new england give a flying shit what the fans and media think about balance. They will throw it 80 times in a game if that is what the game requires and they wear that proudly on their sleeve.

Well neither New England or Green Bay (or a number of other teams with superb QB play that I can think of) have to worry so much about their QB melting down at the worst possible times either. Unfortunately it is a problem Romo has, and it is a problem that played a major role in two losses the first four weeks. You also have to remember he is still not 100% either.

for some reason here we have a few bad plays and now all of a sudden we have to play like the ravens and try to be something we are not? I dont get it. It said alot to the team and it was a mistake.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and thinking you'll get a different result. As I have said a few times this year, despite how good Romo can be at times eventually enough is enough with the really bad decisions. He always says the same things about them, but then goes out there and does the same thing again at some point. I dont know how much of it is the injury, but the injury definitely had nothing to do with the mistakes in the Jets game. Garrett isnt just the playcaller anymore, he's the HC too. He has to make decisions based on what he thinks gives the team the best chance to win. Doing nothing about it would alienate other parts of the team (players and coaches) more than trying to reign in the problem would.

The team plays well in spurts on both sides and then plays awful on both sides. Now we have new injuries.

Well we've had injuries since virtually day one of training camp. We get a couple guys back, and a couple more go down. Nothing new. Really bad luck with the injury bug this year.

put all that together, team doubting itself, playing conservatively and failing in critical moments with the idea that our running game will now be seriously worse and bryant is a ticking timebomb I have no hope for the rest of this year.

We shall see. Thats why they play the games.

I know this team is going to show up flat and dis interested sunday and will pay the price for sunday against the rams. Its what this core group of guys has always done.

I dont think so. I expect we'll win rather easily. The defense should play well and the offense will put up points. That "corp group" you are speaking of has been turned over alot. Alot of the guys who were part of that problem arnt here any longer.

I still like garrett and I like romo a ton. but if they are not on the same page this thing has zero chance.

It killed me hearing laufenberg talking about romo during the game, he was in full on protect garrett at all costs mode. It is so depressing.

Nobody has really been a more strong supporter of Romo than Laufenberg. The fact that he has now changed his opinion of him says alot more about how Romo has played, than what Laufenberg thinks about Garrett. Romo has earned the right to be questioned some here, he has not had a good year and has made alot of poor decisions, most of which had nothing to do with poor pass protection or a lack of playmakers on the field. he just has to get his act together and focus for 60 minutes. When he's on he's really good and we can beat alot of teams, but when he is bad he really cripples us. He has to have less of the extremes.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dbair for what its worth I have no problem with romo being criticized.

jiggyfly

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Yea, I will take kristie scales who was standing right there on the sideline as she always is over pam oliver and anyone from espn.

kristie is spot on. Always has been.

Pam Oliver was right there on the sidelines also, you don't think Fox and ESPN would have not run with him melting down as the story of the week.

Reaction score
Of couurse it had to be Brian wAters who saved the game.

Sean lee faked on an Inside blitz and backed into coverage, instead scandrick came on a corner blitz and had a kill shot on Brady. Waters spotted him at the last second and picked him off. Drives continues

Great design on the blitz bc lee already brought it a few times on that drive. Waters is just a crafty veteran. When is he going to be a FA?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Both parties in this argument are making salient points but it still comes down to the fact that both sides shit the bed at the end. Does it really matter that one side started dropping turds earlier?

You still have a sheets to clean.

Top Bottom