Cythim

Reaction score
I'll take the 57 minute effort from the defense because it will win 99 out of 100 games so long as the offense isn't being run by a stooge.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I need to say something. . .

I am so glad I never had any of you as teammates.

we all know you've never played anything but turkey day flag football, and you're that dude who takes it way too seriously because you could have played if not for some "injury"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
lol

If you want to try and slide that by.. im going to have to point out that the offense also let up 14 points. So the offense really only scored 16 points.

Look, whatever way you want to try and slice this into parts to make it look better for you're argument, its all going to come back to two things.

Our defense is playing very well and getting better each week.

Our offense is playing like shit, and isn't showing signs of progress.

Hell, the worst freaking defense in the league, and we couldn't do shit against them.

Garrett needs to learn game management quickly, or we aren't going anywhere.

OK, question dipshit II.

Would better game management have been to allow Romo to throw the ball to the other team with a lead late in the game? Wouldnt you then be bitching and moaning about that (just like two weeks ago, when Garrett did trust Romo, and Romo shit all over himself and played a huge part in the biggest blown lead in team history). Romo could have easily been picked off 3 or 4 times yesterday during the game, it wasnt like he was slicing and dicing their secondary.

So if that isnt an option, what else can you choose to do offensively? Obviously they played conservative, and ran the ball. They played it safe. They forced the Pats to use a couple time outs and trusted that our punter could pin them deep. They then trusted the defense to hold a lead or at worst, give up a FG attempt. They had 80 yards to go, it wasnt like they got the ball at our 6 yd line or something.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
we all know you've never played anything but turkey day flag football, and you're that dude who takes it way too seriously because you could have played if not for some "injury"

U of A

Dan Proctor can confirm. Want his email?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
OK, question dipshit II.

Would better game management have been to allow Romo to throw the ball to the other team with a lead late in the game? Wouldnt you then be bitching and moaning about that (just like two weeks ago, when Garrett did trust Romo, and Romo shit all over himself and played a huge part in the biggest blown lead in team history). Romo could have easily been picked off 3 or 4 times yesterday during the game, it wasnt like he was slicing and dicing their secondary.

So if that isnt an option, what else can you choose to do offensively? Obviously they played conservative, and ran the ball. They played it safe. They forced the Pats to use a couple time outs and trusted that our punter could pin them deep. They then trusted the defense to hold a lead or at worst, give up a FG attempt. They had 80 yards to go, it wasnt like they got the ball at our 6 yd line or something.

= playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

Not good.

Reaction score
OK, question dipshit II.

Trying to run the ball to milk clock and accepting punts as an option when you're up 20 points and running the ball and accepting a punt when you're up 3 points with 3 minutes left and Brady is on the other side of the field are two completely different situations. I wouldn't expect you to understand that, but its a good example of how Garrett has alot to learn about managing the game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
= playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

Not good.

Thats not what any of you said two weeks ago, was it?

Oh but wait, he passed too much in the 2nd half. Having called 11 runs and 12 passes in the first 23 plays was too lopsided.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Thats not what any of you said two weeks ago, was it?

Oh but wait, he passed too much in the 2nd half. Having called 11 runs and 12 passes in the first 23 plays was too lopsided.

Both games were totally different situations.

Garrett can't tell the difference. Neither can you.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Both games were totally different situations.

Garrett can't tell the difference. Neither can you.

Garrett saw Romo kill them against the Lions and kill them against the Jets. If he had done it again you'd have crucified him for that too, saying he never learns.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
I didn't read this thread except for the original post...I have to add that Terence Newman is such a little taint-faced, dick-licking pussy. Make a tackle you bitch.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trying to run the ball to milk clock and accepting punts as an option when you're up 20 points and running the ball and accepting a punt when you're up 3 points with 3 minutes left and Brady is on the other side of the field are two completely different situations. I wouldn't expect you to understand that, but its a good example of how Garrett has alot to learn about managing the game.

It is beyond me how this concept evades people. The loss was a product of the Head Coach shitting himself (that seems to be the catch phrase in this thread). Once the offense put the defense in another bad situation (for the 100th time this season) i knew blame would come their way. It mostly comes from the Garrett fudge packers. They can’t stand that the red headed Jesus has turned into a failure (so far...just in case).

Idgit

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It is beyond me how this concept evades people. The loss was a product of the Head Coach shitting himself (that seems to be the catch phrase in this thread). Once the offense put the defense in another bad situation (for the 100th time this season) i knew blame would come their way. It mostly comes from the Garrett fudge packers. They can’t stand that the red headed Jesus has turned into a failure (so far...just in case).

I don't care where you put the blame of an individual game. At some point this team is going to have to learn to win games against good teams without Tony Romo always throwing the ball at the end to put the game away. If anybody, on either side, or on the special teams, had made another big play, we would have won yesterday. Instead, the Patriots' defense made *their* plays holding our talented offense to a three and out in our last drive. And the Patriots' offense made all of *their* plays driving down the field and scoring to beat us with a half-minute left.

You can be mad at the coach's play calling. And you can be happy with the defense's play for 57 minutes, but at the end of the day, there were plays there to be made, and it was the other guys who made them.

Reaction score
I don't care where you put the blame of an individual game. At some point this team is going to have to learn to win games against good teams without Tony Romo always throwing the ball at the end to put the game away. If anybody, on either side, or on the special teams, had made another big play, we would have won yesterday. Instead, the Patriots' defense made *their* plays holding our talented offense to a three and out in our last drive. And the Patriots' offense made all of *their* plays driving down the field and scoring to beat us with a half-minute left.

You can be mad at the coach's play calling. And you can be happy with the defense's play for 57 minutes, but at the end of the day, there were plays there to be made, and it was the other guys who made them.

Not being able to close out games is really the only thing keeping us from being an elite team. We have clearly showed we can hang with the teams that are doing the best so far this year, just keep self destructing. Most of the blame should be on Garrett and Romo right now. The defense is playing very well and showing progress each week. The offense is stagnant and shitty. Unacceptable with all the weapons we have. Of course, if you don't use them, there's no point in calling them weapons.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Here is my current day after the day after thought.

The team looks like it took a turn down a road it will have a hard time recovering from. The head coach not trusting the qb to play the game the way he always has late is a big problem.

And babe laufenberg who is my favorite analyst and the go to guy for cowboys info, is in full on protect Jason Garrett mode, he has completely bailed on romo and brought up the bad line play this week.....the line has been poor for almost all of the time romo has been here.

Throw in the injuries to Felix, Nagy, ware, kosher, a budding problem with DEz bryant a game Sunday no one in this market will care about because the cardinals will be playing right next door in game 4 of the world series against the rangers......and I think w are setting up for a seriously crappy game.....

And it seems to me everything is about to come undone here.

We need to go win like 6 in a row to shake this crap off, but I don't think we are good enough to do that.

The other thing that is a bummer is that watching the dolphins I think are future line coach doesn't get anything from his line either....

Not good times.

Reaction score
Here is my current day after the day after thought.

The team looks like it took a turn down a road it will have a hard time recovering from. The head coach not trusting the qb to play the game the way he always has late is a big problem.

And babe laufenberg who is my favorite analyst and the go to guy for cowboys info, is in full on protect Jason Garrett mode, he has completely bailed on romo and brought up the bad line play this week.....the line has been poor for almost all of the time romo has been here.

Throw in the injuries to Felix, Nagy, ware, kosher, a budding problem with DEz bryant a game Sunday no one in this market will care about because the cardinals will be playing right next door in game 4 of the world series against the rangers......and I think w are setting up for a seriously crappy game.....

And it seems to me everything is about to come undone here.

We need to go win like 6 in a row to shake this crap off, but I don't think we are good enough to do that.

The other thing that is a bummer is that watching the dolphins I think are future line coach doesn't get anything from his line either....

Not good times.

Say what you will about our OL, but Romo had plenty of time to throw for the majority of the game again Sunday. He just needs to play better, and Austin needs to catch the damn ball.

"A budding problem with Dez"??

Could you elaborate on that?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Say what you will about our OL, but Romo had plenty of time to throw for the majority of the game again Sunday. He just needs to play better, and Austin needs to catch the damn ball.

"A budding problem with Dez"??

Could you elaborate on that?

He lost his mind when he didn't get the ball thrown to him on that 3rd down play because he was one on one.....kristie scales said on the sideline they couldn't calm him down and he was screaming at players and coaches and guys were walking away from him.

That's how it starts with divas who make 20 mistakes every game and don't own up to it then when someone doesn't get him the ball he goes crazy. Jerry jones has a track record of taking these types of players sides and empowering them creating problems...
.....just like Sunday when he eluded to the team not throwing the ball late, he was intending throwing the ball to his golden boy Bryant.

This is the tip of the iceberg with situations like this.

One more loss and the wheels will come off and this team has proven quitters from last year still on the team.

I hope i am wrong,but it looks just like last year to me so far.

Reaction score
He lost his mind when he didn't get the ball thrown to him on that 3rd down play because he was one on one.....kristie scales said on the sideline they couldn't calm him down and he was screaming at players and coaches and guys were walking away from him.

That's how it starts with divas who make 20 mistakes every game and don't own up to it then when someone doesn't get him the ball he goes crazy. Jerry jones has a track record of taking these types of players sides and empowering them creating problems...
.....just like Sunday when he eluded to the team not throwing the ball late, he was intending throwing the ball to his golden boy Bryant.

This is the tip of the iceberg with situations like this.

One more loss and the wheels will come off and this team has proven quitters from last year still on the team.

I hope i am wrong,but it looks just like last year to me so far.

Actually, the sideline report i heard said he was going around trying to pump all his teammates up, offense and defense.

Also, how does he make 20 mistakes a game, in your opinion? What mistakes?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Actually, the sideline report i heard said he was going around trying to pump all his teammates up, offense and defense.

Also, how does he make 20 mistakes a game, in your opinion? What mistakes?

Yea well kristie scales is the cowboys sideline reporter and she is spot on. Bryant lost his mind, after scandrick grabbed him he started barking at the defense to go out there,but it was yelling at coaches and players before that about not getting the ball.

Watch the game, every week he runs poor routes, looks like he is jogging, on third down we should have had an easy completion for a first down early in the 4th, corner sitting down safety to the inside, romo throws it to the sideline, Bryant breaks in....ridiculous....

On the sideline romo had to sit there like a parent explaining to him what to do.....this is his second year, he still can not do his job properly. Coming off a bye week where i am sure they ran the game plan over and over in practice and we still get all kinds of this crap...

It's hard to win with guys like that.

Reaction score
Yea well kristie scales is the cowboys sideline reporter and she is spot on. Bryant lost his mind, after scandrick grabbed him he started barking at the defense to go out there,but it was yelling at coaches and players before that about not getting the ball.

Watch the game, every week he runs poor routes, looks like he is jogging, on third down we should have had an easy completion for a first down early in the 4th, corner sitting down safety to the inside, romo throws it to the sideline, Bryant breaks in....ridiculous....

On the sideline romo had to sit there like a parent explaining to him what to do.....this is his second year, he still can not do his job properly. Coming off a bye week where i am sure they ran the game plan over and over in practice and we still get all kinds of this crap...

It's hard to win with guys like that.

I'm glad somebody lost their mind on the sidelines.. rather have that to try and snap these guys out of their usual routine of blowing games that they worked their asses off to put themsevles in a position to win. I saw a guy trying to pump his teammates up, idk.

As for his routes, i don't think he runs bad routes constantly or he wouldn't play as much as he does. He doesn't make 20 mistakes a game, he just doesn't get the ball enough.

Top Bottom