Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Fair enough. I didn't see it clearly, but I don't doubt it was there if you saw it clearly. Still sucks, though.

I don't know. I've got a ton of faith that we're finally making the right decisions at the top with this team. I don't think this team spits the bit against the Rams, and I also don't think we'd crumble if we did. Our fans and local media would go nuts, but our fans are idiots, and the local media tries to rile them up no matter what happens, and we know that already.

I think this team is pretty close to putting it together. I think the QB and the HC have great potential, but have obvious flaws in game management and with the red zone offense. What's good, though, is that I also believe they understand the problems and are working on them. I've seen enough from Garrett already to know that he'll be honest with his assessments, and he'll take aggressive action to solve the problem. Up to and including bringing in an OC if a good one is available and replacing the QB, if he really thinks it's necessary.

If the team continues to draft well and evaluate honestly, we'll eventually be in good shape. It may take more than one season, and it may have to happen over the caterwauling of the children, but it will eventually happen if the owner is patient and we keep plugging at the problem.

that sounds good. i like garrett and romo also and believe they will do well. I just dont know how to overcome the flaws here, the pats are better than us plain and simple but we still dictated the game to them and won the turnover battle, yet in the end penalties and untimely mistakes get us beat.

I think if the line were better we would see a different team, but even with the line in its current state we won the t.o.p. and had the ball in the qbs hands to win the game...

it is so baffling.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Truth of the matter is(at least from where I sit) Garrett's offense is garbage inside the redzone. His offenses are near the top of the league in yards every year, but middle of the pack in scoring.

I see something wrong with that.

That something is our running game. Our Oline has been shit run blocking for years. Even when we had decent stats a couple years ago. Most of that came from gimmicky runs. It has been a long, long time since we've been able to line up and get 3 yards when we absolutly need it the most.

We can move the ball seemingly at will between the 20's because there is so much more room. Teams have to defend so much more field, making it easier to pass. And we still have trouble running it consistently out there. When we get down where space is cramped, it's easier for teams to jam WR's, etc... as there's not as much room to get behind them. When our running game fails time and again down there, teams know we'll lean on the pass. Playing offense one handed sucks balls. And we've been doing it for far too long.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
That something is our running game. Our Oline has been shit run blocking for years. Even when we had decent stats a couple years ago. Most of that came from gimmicky runs. It has been a long, long time since we've been able to line up and get 3 yards when we absolutly need it the most.

We can move the ball seemingly at will between the 20's because there is so much more room. Teams have to defend so much more field, making it easier to pass. And we still have trouble running it consistently out there. When we get down where space is cramped, it's easier for teams to jam WR's, etc... as there's not as much room to get behind them. When our running game fails time and again down there, teams know we'll lean on the pass. Playing offense one handed sucks balls. And we've been doing it for far too long.

Who's in charge of evaluating offensive line talent?
:sneaky:

Reaction score
5) I think it was Shakespeare who said we should kill all the lawyers. I wish we'd kill all the officials. That was another putrid display yesterday and it sas pretty one sided (as usual). What'd we have, 5 holding calls? And NE had 1. Really? One of the worst calls was the holding call on Kosier. It wasnt acepted because it was offsetting, but we would have had 1st and goal on the 1 because of the PI in the endzone. Didnt appear he was holding on the replay and he threw his arms up in absolute disgust when the ref tossed the flag at him. Also, why was it that once we started running the no huddle that on several plays, one of the officials would basically hold up play at the line of scrimmage behind the center, allowing the Pats to get set or make their substitutions? This was never done once when we were on defense.

When the offense subsitutes the defense has a right to as well. If the offense isn't subsituting then the d is on their own.

Devin mccourty I'd so f'n bad, how did we not exploit that for 7 at any point??

Reaction score
The defense did a good job yesterday. We held the Pats to under 30 points for the first time in a while.

Were they perfect, no but they did well enough. We lost mainly because of penalties and bad play calling, dropped passes. Blame the coaching staff for the penalties, because they are the ones who are suppose to discipline the players for their mistakes.

Garrett needs to grow a set of balls. They're coaches their suppose to coach'em up. Rob Ryan does.

Would have held them to under 15 points had we not decided to lay down and run the ball 3 times at the end of the game there. Anyone blaming the defense at all for yesterday's loss is a dolt.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Would have held them to under 15 points had we not decided to lay down and run the ball 3 times at the end of the game there. Anyone blaming the defense at all for yesterday's loss is a dolt.

They dont deserve all the blame, but they definitely get some.

Again some of you clods can play the spin doctor game all you want, but noen of it changes the fact that the defense was on the field with the lead, and the Pats drive the length of the field for the GW TD. Thats two consecutive games the defense has been on the field with a chance to close out an opponent, and yielded a TD.

It was really good defense for 57 minutes. Really bad defense with the game on the line the final 3.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
^ The defense always does that. It takes a miraculous interception or fumble for them not to. It's just who they are.

Reaction score
They dont deserve all the blame, but they definitely get some.

Again some of you clods can play the spin doctor game all you want, but noen of it changes the fact that the defense was on the field with the lead, and the Pats drive the length of the field for the GW TD. Thats two consecutive games the defense has been on the field with a chance to close out an opponent, and yielded a TD.

It was really good defense for 57 minutes. Really bad defense with the game on the line the final 3.

Nah.. it was a really good defense all game. Its Tom Brady. He got the ball back with over 2 minutes to go and down 3. Honestly, what did you think was going to happen? He's the best in the business for a reason.

We needed a first down, and we'd have won the game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
^ The defense always does that. It takes a miraculous interception or fumble for them not to. It's just who they are.

I think if the defense stays healthy and Carter can come in and take away some snaps from Brooking, they will get to a higher level at some point this year. But they arnt an elite defense right now and they did blow the leads in these last two games.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nah.. it was a really good defense all game. Its Tom Brady. He got the ball back with over 2 minutes to go and down 3. Honestly, what did you think was going to happen? He's the best in the business for a reason.

We needed a first down, and we'd have won the game.

I thought we'd stop them. I dont care who he is.

We needed a first down and didnt get it. We still had the lead. We had to hold the other team to either no points or a FG to win or extend the game, and instead they gave up a TD. The offense didnt cuse the defense to fail to do their job.

Reaction score
I thought we'd stop them. I dont care who he is.

We needed a first down and didnt get it. We still had the lead. We had to hold the other team to either no points or a FG to win or extend the game, and instead they gave up a TD. The offense didnt cuse the defense to fail to do their job.

The defense had been doing their job all game.. they held Brady and co to 20 points. You should beat the Pats 99 times out of 100 if you do that. Their defense is the worst in the league and we couldn't do shit against them.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Look at it this way: In April of next year everyone is gonna be glad we lost these games :YES

Top Bottom