dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The defense had been doing their job all game.. they held Brady and co to 20 points. You should beat the Pats 99 times out of 100 if you do that. Their defense is the worst in the league and we couldn't do shit against them.

Doing the job the whole game would have been great if they actually had. But they gave up the game winning td.

So they didnt do their job the whole game.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Doing the job the whole game would have been great if they actually had. But they gave up the game winning td.

I'd like to beat the shit out of the dude in your sig.

Looks like he's about to say "Shovel Pass".

Reaction score

The defense only gets blame in the fact that football is a team game. They share a bit of it.

But the fact is they were going up against the best offense in the league and held them to twenty points. Know how many teams in the Pats last 10 games have held them to less than 30 points? The Jets and us.. that's it.

Meanwhile our offense faced the worst D in the league, and again.. did shit against them.

One said was a huge fail yet again, the other side played their asses off. Again, Ryan's defense plays well, and Garrett's offense shit the bed.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
The defense did something that nobody does. . . They forced a 3 and out on Tom Brady while his team was losing at home.

Dbair thinks they should have done the impossible twice within a span on 3.5 minutes.

~kisses raggedy andy doll~

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I need to say something. . .

I am so glad I never had any of you as teammates.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The defense only gets blame in the fact that football is a team game. They share a bit of it.

But the fact is they were going up against the best offense in the league and held them to twenty points. Know how many teams in the Pats last 10 games have held them to less than 30 points? The Jets and us.. that's it.

Meanwhile our offense faced the worst D in the league, and again.. did shit against them.

One said was a huge fail yet again, the other side played their asses off. Again, Ryan's defense plays well, and Garrett's offense shit the bed.

Maybe if Ryan had 3 inexperienced starters in the front 7, and a player as mistake prone as Romo somewhere on his side of the ball, things might be a little different.

The offense scored 30 pts two weeks ago, we lost that game too.

And I'm not arguing that the defense didnt play well. they played a good game. But they also crapped in their pants with the game on the line, again. Just like that stinkwad Zimmer used to do. I dont care how they win games as long as they win. We were in position to win, and the fact is the defense gave up the game losing TD. Again.

Cythim

Reaction score

By that logic the offense did not do their job either. The offense had the ball with under 4 minutes to go with the lead and failed to run out the clock. It is their job to keep the ball away from the other team and they failed miserably during the most important drive. Had they done their job the defense would not be in question.

Cythim

Reaction score
Maybe if Ryan had 3 inexperienced starters in the front 7, and a player as mistake prone as Romo somewhere on his side of the ball, things might be a little different.

And I'm not arguing that the defense didnt play well. they played a good game. But they also crapped in their pants with the game on the line, again. Just like that stinkwad Zimmer used to do. I dont care how they win games as long as they win. We were in position to win, and the fact is the defense gave up the game losing TD. Again.

I disagree, I think the offense failed to score the game winning TD. Again.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The defense did something that nobody does. . . They forced a 3 and out on Tom Brady while his team was losing at home.

Dbair thinks they should have done the impossible twice within a span on 3.5 minutes.

~kisses raggedy andy doll~

I guess some of sbk's genius is rubbing off on you too.

They didnt need to force another 3 and out. They just had to keep them from going 80 yards and scoring a TD. Hell just hold them to a FG attem pt. Instead they allowed something like 7 or 8 completions out of 8or 9 attempts, and never came close to sacking him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
By that logic the offense did not do their job either. The offense had the ball with under 4 minutes to go with the lead and failed to run out the clock. It is their job to keep the ball away from the other team and they failed miserably during the most important drive. Had they done their job the defense would not be in question.

If only we had come out offensively and had a 30 minute drive and controlled the ball the entire half.

Reaction score

lol

If you want to try and slide that by.. im going to have to point out that the offense also let up 14 points. So the offense really only scored 16 points.

Look, whatever way you want to try and slice this into parts to make it look better for you're argument, its all going to come back to two things.

Our defense is playing very well and getting better each week.

Our offense is playing like shit, and isn't showing signs of progress.

Hell, the worst freaking defense in the league, and we couldn't do shit against them.

Garrett needs to learn game management quickly, or we aren't going anywhere.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I guess some of sbk's genius is rubbing off on you too.

They didnt need to force another 3 and out. They just had to keep them from going 80 yards and scoring a TD. Hell just hold them to a FG attem pt. Instead they allowed something like 7 or 8 completions out of 8or 9 attempts, and never came close to sacking him.

I doubt sbk is blasting Garrett right now. He was one of Garrett's biggest supporters.

The offense had a chance to put the game away with a first down. Garrett didn't even give them a shot at it.

If you give Tom Brady enough chances, he'll kill you every time. The defense probably played it's best game in 2+ years.

Two weeks in a row they're the scapegoat, though. The offense hands Detroit 14 straight points and it's the defenses fault that we lost by 4.

Fast Forward to yesterday and it's the defense winning the turnover battle and holding the Pats to 20 points. The offense doesn't do shit with their opportunities, but it's the defenses fault.

Garrett is still clean.

7-6, though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They didn't need a 30 minute drive, just a 3:36 drive. All they could muster was 1:05.

And all the defense had to do was not allow the other team to go 80 yds and score a TD, but they did didnt they?

And two weeks ago, all they had to do was hold the other team to something less than 40 yards and a TD, and they didnt did they?

Again you can make the stupid as tit for tat argument all day. The fact doesnt change that it was a team loss. Nobody other than PK Dan Bailey fully did their job for 60 minutes. The offense was lousy. The defense was really good, for 57 minutes. But the games arnt 57 minutes. We had a lead late in the game, on the road vs a good team. We didnt hold the lead.

Top Bottom