dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Key blurbs from here:

• A large portion of running back reps were given to Deuce Vaughn on Wednesday as the hero from the preseason debut saw more designed runs and passes go his way to finish off the last padded practice in Oxnard. Vaughn's evolving implementation into the offense both with the first and second-teams should increase the confidence of the rookie out of Kansas State for his future role in Dallas. (Nick Harris)
  • The battle for the right to back up Tony Pollard is rolling along nicely, this time it being rookie fullback Hunter Luepke getting some solid reps in on Wednesday. Luepke operated out of the single back set and it was his pass protection that truly stood out as the Cowboys get ready to visit the Seahawks. (Patrik Walker)

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I would think this would be a no brainer signing for the team as insurance.

When we drafted Deuce, I defended the pick. I still think it is a good pick for where we drafted him. But, as Parcells once said, put away the anointing oil.

The NFL is a hard game. Deuce's unique size coudl possibly be a super power. I can envision how his small size coudl mean he doesn't take a lot of direct hard shots. BUt, at teh end of the day, he's a littl eguy

A shame that it appears John Stephens (and Overshown) might be out for a while. If there is a silver lining it might be that it provides a way to stash a couple of good upcoming players.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
When we drafted Deuce, I defended the pick. I still think it is a good pick for where we drafted him. But, as Parcells once said, put away the anointing oil.

The NFL is a hard game. Deuce's unique size coudl possibly be a super power. I can envision how his small size coudl mean he doesn't take a lot of direct hard shots. BUt, at teh end of the day, he's a littl eguy
Deuce may be the ultimate definition of "too much of a good thing". If they use him in the right amount and the right places he can be something special. But the tempation will be there to use him too much and then the chances of it getting shot all to hell increases big time.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

"OL isnt an issue because the starters are coming back"

seems stupid because its common knowledge that a tyron smith injury is a matter of if, not when

OL depth across the league is bad, but you cant think that this OL isnt an issue because of course it is

PHI, NYG, and WAS all have a top 10 defensive line.... 6 games worth of kryptonite for an OL injury

but big mike aint worrying about the goblin, cal ripken smith, and the man-of-steele

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
"OL isnt an issue because the starters are coming back"

seems stupid because its common knowledge that a tyron smith injury is a matter of if, not when

OL depth across the league is bad, but you cant think that this OL isnt an issue because of course it is

PHI, NYG, and WAS all have a top 10 defensive line.... 6 games worth of kryptonite for an OL injury

but big mike aint worrying about the goblin, cal ripken smith, and the man-of-steele
Nothing they can do about it until the cutdowns start.

I strongly suspect we'll see one or two veterans added at some point either before or right after the 1st game of the season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Goodell will be bringing the ban hammer shortly.

What a lousy fucking start to the season, we really needed this guy to be the player he looked like he could be.

Top Bottom