Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm back. ... I understand that we need to save money, especially with guys like Martin not wanting to play out his contract (after all, I'm sure inflation is making it hard for him to live on mere millions), but we need a KICKER. Sign Robbie Gould or someone like that.

Aubrey just missed a PAT. Come on. Are we really going to risk losing in the playoffs or SB because we have a kicker that we can't trust?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Aubrey just missed a PAT. Come on. Are we really going to risk losing in the playoffs or SB because we have a kicker that we can't trust
When you have multiple kickers come through and all exhibit the same issues, is it time to look at the coaching? Greg the Leg did well after leaving us, and is perfect so far this preseason.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
When you have multiple kickers come through and all exhibit the same issues, is it time to look at the coaching? Greg the Leg did well after leaving us, and is perfect so far this preseason.
pretty sure Fassell is universally regarded as a great special teams coach, he even coaxed a career yr out of journeymen Brett Maher (who by the way, looked awful in Denver the other night)

Greg the Leg also developed under Fassell with the Rams did he not?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Aubrey just missed a PAT. Come on. Are we really going to risk losing in the playoffs or SB because we have a kicker that we can't trust?
As I pointed out in the other thread, the snap/hold appeared to be a little shaky and the ball may have been deflected.

His other PATs and FG's were all right down the middle and every kickoff was a touchback.

Need to see more but not a bad start.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
33 isn't old for an OL. Martin offers flexibility as well. Martin is simply the better OL.

Regarding Fehoko. This is why I wrote that I think he only needs more time. More reps. Just because "he can't catch a cold" now doesn't mean he can't by midseason with enough reps. He has the tools.

Write to me after the season if the other guys I mentioned are not considered better than Dak--especially Tua (if he stays healthy). I wrote, by the end of the season.

You may not put those guys ahead of Dak now, but you very well may by the end of the season because Dak has flaws in his game that I think will show up over the course of the season if McCarthy can't cover them up. I am not convinced Dak will take to a West Coast offense that requires quick decision making and short area accuracy.

And, yes, I did hear it from the Seahawks announcers, but 3 points.

1. Even when he was in Detroit the Lions were impressed with him.

2. INTs aren't everything for a CB. Some of it has to do with who else is playing around you and if the DL is causing pressure.

3. Even though those announcers might be biased, as our announcers, announcers are not prone to use hyperbole only to have their own fans trash them (they like to keep their jobs). They are usually moderate in their descriptions to avoid embarrassment. And those announcers likely got it from Seahawks insiders. Just as our announcers do.
Martin plays RG and although one of the top2 or 3 (if not the best) the fact is that position is not as highly coveted as LT, maybe not even C. He won't get us enough in a trade to make it worthwhile IMO, especially when you also factor in his age.

Fehoko had a nice game last night, if he can catch he may have a spot here. But he has to show consistency and so far has not.

The Lions were so impressed with Michael Jackson that managed to play in only 1 game there and went elsewhere the next season, where he also played only one game. Absolutely not losing any sleep over this, the guy showed nothing here and is not better than any of the top 3 or 4 guys we have at the CB spot now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I forgot to mention him in my postgame write up, but he did have a pretty decent game. Baldinger hits on a lot of the good things he did (and 10 tackles in 50 snaps is one of them)

Top Bottom