Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
I would love for the Cowboys to draft O’Cyrus Torrance with their first round pick. I believe he would be a plug in play starter day one and would strengthen an already good line. If not offensive line then maybe a defensive lineman. Not really interested in moving up to grab Bijan Robinson. If he happens to fall to 26 and is the BPA then take him. I know the draft experts are predicting a tight end but I like our young guys we already have at tight end. I just believe a quality plug in play left guard really fills a glaring hole in our offense. What are your thoughts?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I would love for the Cowboys to draft O’Cyrus Torrance with their first round pick. I believe he would be a plug in play starter day one and would strengthen an already good line. If not offensive line then maybe a defensive lineman. Not really interested in moving up to grab Bijan Robinson. If he happens to fall to 26 and is the BPA then take him. I know the draft experts are predicting a tight end but I like our young guys we already have at tight end. I just believe a quality plug in play left guard really fills a glaring hole in our offense. What are your thoughts?
Unless they are just trying to do a smokescreen, it doesn't seem like they have much (if any) intent on drafting a TE on day one and maybe not even day two. So far none of the TE national or Dallas day visitors are TE's in the top-100.

It would certainly seem OL or DL is likely in round one and perhaps round two as well, unless as you say Robinson falls in their laps.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OL in round 1 is not sexy but its usually turned out pretty well for DAL. and zack martin is not going to be around forever

it will be interesting to see if zay flowers, addison, or quinten johnston fall to 26

i dont think jerry would pick a player that he cant pronounce so that eliminates smith-njigba

please please please dont pick a RB in round 1

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
ESPN reported the Eagles are working on a 50+ mils per year contract for Hurts

Dallas should be all-in on drafting a QB fairly high this year so they don't have to lock up a middle of the road QB to a contract that is similar to, or exceed this stupidity that Philly is about to do.

If Hendon Hooker were to be available at 26, if it were me I'd have to strongly consider that. (note, many league insiders now say Hooker is going to go much earlier than this). And if Will Levis fell in our lap or got within a reasonable trade up to acquire, I'd run the card to the podium.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is Paxton Lynch The Answer To The Philadelphia Eagles' Quarterback Woes? |  Barstool Sports

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Unless they are just trying to do a smokescreen, it doesn't seem like they have much (if any) intent on drafting a TE on day one and maybe not even day two. So far none of the TE national or Dallas day visitors are TE's in the top-100.

It would certainly seem OL or DL is likely in round one and perhaps round two as well, unless as you say Robinson falls in their laps.

I would like to see
OL in round one because that is where we have had the most consistent successful picks in the first round over the years. If this front office has proven nothing else, they have proven that they can pick a winner in round one when it comes to the OL.

Then in round 2 I’d like to see a big fat greezy trash can full of dirt DL to plug us the middle and stop the run.

Since this class is high in TE’s I wouldn’t mind seeing a TE or even a RB that can block go in the third and fourth rounds. Then a developmental QB in the 6th and who cares in the 7th.

RogtaDru

Spectator
Reaction score
heres your starting point for micah parsons

Now I feel guilty for not recently having paid attention in NFL Edge contracts class.
Did not realize Micah is looking at a 30 plus mil per year payday.
Just wow.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now I feel guilty for not recently having paid attention in NFL Edge contracts class.
Did not realize Micah is looking at a 30 plus mil per year payday.
Just wow.
all the money goes to QB > EDGE > WR > LT > CB

for shits and giggles (and just in case dbair is reading this...), the lowest paid positions are RB > kicker > fullback > punter > long snapper

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
I believe a nice gesture from Jerry before the season begins would be to announce the enshrinement of Jimmy Johnson into the Ring of Honor. I personally believe this would create great karma and bring some closure to a long overdue and deserving honor. I think this would be very positive for Jerry, Jimmy, and the fans who love the Cowboys. From an organizational and talent perspective this should be the year we make it to the Super Bowl. What a positive way to enter the coming season!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It will be great to watch as Jimmy gets enshrined in the ring of honor the very next season opener after Jeruh finally dies

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It will be great to watch as Jimmy gets enshrined in the ring of honor the very next season opener after Jeruh finally dies
Neither one of those things is ever going to happen Scot

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Neither one of those things is ever going to happen Scot

Is Jeruh an immortal vampire now?

Otherwise his ass is going to die just like every other human on the planet throughout the history of time has and will do

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Is Jeruh an immortal vampire now?

Otherwise his ass is going to die just like every other human on the planet throughout the history of time has and will do
He will outlive Methuselah, book it

Top Bottom