Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
Is it Football season yet? Suffering football withdrawals right now. I guess the draft and USFL will have to sustain me for now. Cowboys better knock it out of the park on this draft. Nothing stupid like trading up for a running back. Will and Stephen need to put Jerry on his boat without a cell phone or internet connection and serve him a strong drink or two and let him know when the draft is over!😂

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Is it Football season yet? Suffering football withdrawals right now. I guess the draft and USFL will have to sustain me for now. Cowboys better knock it out of the park on this draft. Nothing stupid like trading up for a running back. Will and Stephen need to put Jerry on his boat without a cell phone or internet connection and serve him a strong drink or two and let him know when the draft is over!😂
Jerry doesnt have jackshit to do with the draft anymore, it's why we end up with good players and not guys like Paxton Lynch and Johnny Manziel.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If he ever wants to sniff a Super Bowl, he needs to work on his change of teams
your progression into jaded fandom has been impressive to witness

Star Wars Laugh GIF - Star Wars Laugh Evil Laugh - Discover & Share GIFs

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have this sinking feeling that Jeruh is going to try to make a big splash in this draft and that he’s going to trade up for someone like Bijan Robinson

I don’t mind picking him if he’s there at 26

But I don’t want to give up the draft capitol it would take to trade up to get him.

I just have this suspicion that Jeruh is going to do something stupid this draft. With all the other uncommon moves that he has made this off season, this year smells like a “we will do whatever it takes” to win another SB before the old man kicks the bucket.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They arn't trading up for Bijan Robinson unless its a really minimal deal to move up a couple spots or so, maybe like they did with Dez in 2010.

But every yr it seems some people have this obsession with "Jerry wants a splash move and is gonna trade up" and it almost never happens. Since 2010 they've traded up in the 1st rd twice (Mo Claiborne and Dez) and traded down twice (Travis Frederick & Micha Parsons). Otherwise they've stood pat every yr. They've drafted skill guys on offense three times (Dez, Zeke and Lamb), they've drafted one DL, 4 OL, 1 MLB, 1 do everything LB and two DB's.

We've seen iron clad proof that Jerry doesn't really have shit to do with the final draft decisions anyway, otherwise Johnny Manziel and Paxton Lynch would be mega busts who wore the Star instead of someone else's nightmare.

Last edited:

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
I’m really hoping our first pick is either O line or D line. That kid Calijah Kancey would be a great pick up for our defense. He is on the smallish side but wins with leverage and quickness much like Aaron Donald. I’m not saying he is Aaron Donald but does have some of the same traits in his playing style. He would be an immediate upgrade in the interior defensive line and a part of a dominant rotation. Still like Torrance or Avila at the left guard spot. Either of those selections would solidify our line for years to come. Tight end class is strong so I think you can pick up a quality player later in the draft. I still believe Ferguson and Hendershot have tremendous upside so I’m not so sure about taking a tight end. Plenty of quality running backs in this draft so no need to do something stupid like moving up to take Robinson. If he falls in your lap at 26 then take him, otherwise stay put and let the draft board come to you. I know o line and d line are not sexy picks but that is where the game is won or lost with the exception of our QB throwing senseless interceptions. What are your thoughts?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think they could trade down and get any of those guys you just mentioned.

I just read Kancey didnt have a single top-30 visit. If it's true (and hard to believe it is) then it could be every team is comfortable enough with where they have him rated relative to what they think his value is. On the other hand, it could also be that nobody sees him as a legitimate 1st rd talent. He's small and has pretty short arms, I worry he'll get mauled up front. He might be strictly a 3rd down nickel rusher in the NFL.

I like Avila alot and he could be a potential LG or C (after this yr Biadasz could leave via FA) so him or the kid from Minnesota bot make sense to me. The kid from Michigan is also intriguing but probably a C only and probably will go in 3rd rd. Only real concern with Torrance might be his mobility and whether he might get too fat in the future, but he mauls the shit out of people in the run and pass.

The significant talent in this draft appears to be at TE, CB and RB. It's considered a down yr for OL and DL, and there doesn't appear to be much at LB or safety either. QB is a wildcard for us and I think they'll take a WR fairly high too, although the group isnt considered elite or even close to the norm for a typical draft either.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I like Avila alot and he could be a potential LG or C (after this yr Biadasz could leave via FA) so him or the kid from Minnesota bot make sense to me. The kid from Michigan is also intriguing but probably a C only and probably will go in 3rd rd. Only real concern with Torrance might be his mobility and whether he might get too fat in the future, but he mauls the shit out of people in the run and pass.
Some anonymous NFL exec said this is the worst year for NFL o-linemen in quite some time, which means teams are gonna draft the better ones while they still can. and probably higher than they should. Avila strikes me as a second rounder who will go in the late first due to paucity at the position.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey assholes, it's less than a week till the NFL Draft. We are gonna add all the missing pieces and be Soup Bowl bound.

Get your shit together and start posting. Bunch of lazy fucks.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hey assholes, it's less than a week till the NFL Draft. We are gonna add all the missing pieces and be Soup Bowl bound.

Get your shit together and start posting. Bunch of lazy fucks.
ok I'll bite...

get your popcorn ready to see what the dipshit GM will do during this years draft and whether he can top last years shrewd move:

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just curious

Who do you NOT want us to spend the 26th overall pick on that the media has been talking about or that ppl have been projecting to us in some of the mock drafts?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just curious

Who do you NOT want us to spend the 26th overall pick on that the media has been talking about or that ppl have been projecting to us in some of the mock drafts?
I don't dislike Gibbs but for that position and draft slot, I just wonder how much we'd really get out of him. He doesn't appear to be an every down player and while he has tremendous physical talent in terms of speed and quickness he has not been THAT productive either. Wouldn't be my favorite pick for certain.

I also don't want to see us take that TE from Oregon State. Major injury concerns and inconsistent hands.

Not a huge fan of most of the WR's we could pick from in round 1. I won't lose my shit if we draft one, but I don't see any that we couldn't do without, especially considering of the guys that might be available in rounds 2-4.

Depending on how the draft falls, trading down some is something I might end up preferring.

Top Bottom