Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
I have a strong feeling the Cowboys are going to draft OL or DL in the first round. Both are areas of need and there should be starting quality players available. What is your prediction?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i like taking the BPA unless its a RB or QB

i wouldnt really want them taking a CB, S, or LB

based on the visits and stuff you can guesstimate DAL picks a WR or CB

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Guard, TE or DT. I hate taking a TE high because they almost never get it right.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
i like taking the BPA unless its a RB or QB

i wouldnt really want them taking a CB, S, or LB

based on the visits and stuff you can guesstimate DAL picks a WR or CB
They absolutely should consider drafting a QB very high, Prescott should not be given the benefit of the doubt anymore and he has performed very poorly in the last two playoff losses. He also played awful for several games at the end of this past season, including one of the all time clunker games ever for a Cowboys QB at Washington to end the season.

Bijan Robinson should also be considered strongly if he makes it to our pick at 26. Top-10, perhaps even top-5 overall player in this draft that we could get at 26 and eliminate the need for any discussion of a long term contract with Pollard.

I can't see them taking a safety or LB at 26, I don't think the value will match the draft spot.

They could certainly justify using the first pick on OL, DL, CB or WR (although I'm not in love with any of the WR's at 26)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I have a strong feeling the Cowboys are going to draft OL or DL in the first round. Both are areas of need and there should be starting quality players available. What is your prediction?
Seems likely IMO unless Robinson falls in their laps.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i think taking a QB in the 1st will cause a ton of unnecessary drama on the team and become a media circus

altho i think dak could be replaced, i think he is good enough for right now

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
how DAL is projected per mike clay (ESPN), obviously no rookies as the draft hasnt happened yet

some interesting stuff

lamb with 1176 yds and 7 TDs

micah projected at 10.9 sacks.. total sacks for the defense at 42, i would prob bet the over

diggs with 2 INTS, gilmore with 1.9, kearse with 2.9 - total of 13 INTs for the season from the whole defense... seems low too

team projects as a top 5 rushing offense, middle of the road on passing offense

1681315311896.png

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
i think taking a QB in the 1st will cause a ton of unnecessary drama on the team and become a media circus

altho i think dak could be replaced, i think he is good enough for right now
If Prescott gets butt-hurt over having a highly drafted QB on the sideline with him then he doesn't belong here.

He has NOT been consistent enough, especially in these playoff games. He's paid an enormous amount of money to deliver and he was essentially the reason we lost both times to SF, especially last yr.

As for team drama, I honestly think other than Zeke that nobody really loves him THAT much, at least not anymore. You could see some of the reactions from defensive AND some offensive guys after some of those plays last yr.

It's a business and they all know that. If Prescott can't mount a real postseason run this year then he should have REAL competition for the starting job in 2024 and the only way to really do that without a mega cap hit is with the draft.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Robinson ain’t makin it past Philly
It's not like they have no RB's. They resigned one of their own guys and also added one via free agency. Plus their QB functions a lot as another RB.

They've lost a lot of talent this offseason on both sides of the ball.

Still, even at pick 10 he's great value. The other thing they could do is jump us by trading up from their later pick if he falls.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If Prescott gets butt-hurt over having a highly drafted QB on the sideline with him then he doesn't belong here.

He has NOT been consistent enough, especially in these playoff games. He's paid an enormous amount of money to deliver and he was essentially the reason we lost both times to SF, especially last yr.

As for team drama, I honestly think other than Zeke that nobody really loves him THAT much, at least not anymore. You could see some of the reactions from defensive AND some offensive guys after some of those plays last yr.

It's a business and they all know that. If Prescott can't mount a real postseason run this year then he should have REAL competition for the starting job in 2024 and the only way to really do that without a mega cap hit is with the draft.
youve concocted a scenario thats works if you play the madden video game

a lot of QBs would be butt-hurt if you drafted their replacement in the 1st round. thats not the round to motivate someone, thats a round that puts a target on your back.. of course dak would be pissed

youre right that consistency is not there at all in his play, but the front office has not wavered in their support. they already talked another extension

if a guy's support is teetering, its a lot more noticeable . this is not that

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
youve concocted a scenario thats works if you play the madden video game

a lot of QBs would be butt-hurt if you drafted their replacement in the 1st round. thats not the round to motivate someone, thats a round that puts a target on your back.. of course dak would be pissed

youre right that consistency is not there at all in his play, but the front office has not wavered in their support. they already talked another extension

if a guy's support is teetering, its a lot more noticeable . this is not that
Its not Madden, it's common sense.

If Prescott were Aaron Rodgers and we did what Green Bay did to him (drafted a QB instead of MUCH needed skill player help) then yeah, it'd be understandable (and unwarranted. But Prescott is NOT Rodger or even remotely close to what Rodgers was when they drafted that other QB.

The Cowboys talked about an extension, but it didnt happen yet. Instead they made a cap related adjustment to free up space and didnt extend him or give him any new dollars.

It probably won't happen, but if Levis or Hooker were there at 26 I'd definitely pull the trigger on it.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its not Madden, it's common sense.

If Prescott were Aaron Rodgers and we did what Green Bay did to him (drafted a QB instead of MUCH needed skill player help) then yeah, it'd be understandable (and unwarranted. But Prescott is NOT Rodger or even remotely close to what Rodgers was when they drafted that other QB.

The Cowboys talked about an extension, but it didnt happen yet. Instead they made a cap related adjustment to free up space and didnt extend him or give him any new dollars.

It probably won't happen, but if Levis or Hooker were there at 26 I'd definitely pull the trigger on it.
i dont think jerry has ever met a hooker that he didn't like, but i still dont think they'd pick him the 1st round

Top Bottom