Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Only when we are in a bind on 3rd downs do we go to Witten and Beasley.

If we mixed in Beasley and Witten a bit more early that would make us even more explosive and hard to deal with offensively. Sprinkle in Escobar more. Put Dez in motion much more.
Yeah make 'em have to freakin WORK, to shut us out for two full quarters.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
dbair does have a broader point, that we have bigger problems than the offense. But then again, we all know that.

But when we see them getting shut out for two quarters and it is obvious the defense has taken Dez out of the game, we're not supposed to ask why not some motion, changing sides we line him up on, use some of the other guys like Escobar, and so on. It's not like we all didn't see this get dealt with rapidly most of the time, in the 90s when teams would try this on Irvin.

The #5 offense can be like, #2 at least? Seems like that would be the coaches goal anyway.

Reaction score
View attachment 2744

Red is often in the vicinity of conversations, but not sure if he vetoes Linehan on occasion

He stands around like a worthless fanboy just trying to act important. It's pretty clear he has no say during the actual game. This isn't a unique scenario. Romo goes straight to Linehan now. OL goes straight to Callahan. Defense is always rallied up on the sidelines by Marinelli.

And, not coincidentally, this is why we went 13-4.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Any word on Linehan or Callahan?

JJT claims Callahan is going to sign a multi yr deal, but I think he meant Linehan. I read in a few spots Callahan was going to check out some true OC positions elsewhere before making up his mind to stay.

Garrett has surrounded himself with assistant coaches he trusts, such as defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli, who signed a three-year deal on Tuesday, a league source confirmed to ESPN's Adam Caplan, and offensive coordinator Bill Callahan, who's expected to sign a multiyear deal with the Cowboys.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Another blurb on the asst coaches:

According to sources, Jason Garrett has agreed to a five-year deal and defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli has a three-year deal, and another source has indicated Scott Linehan is close to returning as well.

The Cowboys hope is to lock up the remaining unsigned assistant coaches in the next day or two, potentially having all of the assistants on deals through 2017.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The whole offense has been based on leaning on Murray to set the tempo, drawing the defense in and then send Dez and Terrance deep.

Only when we are in a bind on 3rd downs do we go to Witten and Beasley.

If we mixed in Beasley and Witten a bit more early that would make us even more explosive and hard to deal with offensively. Sprinkle in Escobar more. Put Dez in motion much more.

GTFOH with that shit. It makes too much sense. But seriously. What you are recommending are just small little tweaks that would do wonders, not some complete overhaul.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Callahan says he will not re-sign until he explores other options...might be gone then

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mortensen says Linehan deal done, likely to get change in title after Callahan officially leaves

Reaction score
Callahan leaving sucks. Pollack might be okay but "great" OL coaches are hard to come by. Hopefully our young guys continue to grow.

Glad Linehan is staying.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
A few tweets I've seen said if not Pollack for OL coach, Sparano might be of interest

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Me either, just saying it was out there.

I don't think he runs the same type of OL technique/scheme anyway, and what we've been doing under Callahan has really been working. I doubt anyone other than Pollack gets that job if Callahan leaves.

Top Bottom