ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My one small disagreement with your post, Omega, is that I don't think Garrett has preordained any of that... Because he doesn't even have that much say. There's a reason why Jerry took the offense totally out of his hands for a second time.

I mean, the guy doesn't even talk to Romo at timeouts or when the D is on the field. He never even talks on the freaking headset.

Of course, what kind of HC is that anyway where the coordinators have to do absolutely everything and the HC doesn't make strategic adjustments?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yeah, can't pin any of the playcalling on Garrett. That was Linehan through and through harkening back to his St Louis Rams days.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
what kind of HC is that, anyway where the coordinators have to do absolutely everything?

barry_switzer_1996_10_27.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Romo has said numerous times his favorite formation to throw from is 5 wide with an empty set

His QB rating this yr from that formation has to be off the charts...Ron Jaworski studied and charted every play they ran from the formation (this was up to the win vs Philly) and the numbers were huge

Seems pretty lame to me to continue complaining about the offense when the QB had a career yr, the RB set all kinds of single season records, the WR had another banner yr, the TE had another good yr and supporting players in the offense all produced when needed

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Of course, what kind of HC is that anyway where the coordinators have to do absolutely everything and the HC doesn't make strategic adjustments?

Exaggerate much? How do you know what he does? You in those meetings during the week or in the lockerroom when halftime adjustments are made?

Quite a few teams employ HC's that don't call plays on one side of the ball or the other.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Marinelli got the standard 3yr asst coach deal:

toddarcher Todd Archer
League source confirms to @caplannfl that Rod Marinelli has a 3-year deal to remain with Cowboys.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Now Hill is reporting that they are getting closer on a deal with Linehan. :towel

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Exaggerate much? How do you know what he does? You in those meetings during the week or in the lockerroom when halftime adjustments are made?

Quite a few teams employ HC's that don't call plays on one side of the ball or the other.

And I never see any of them doing as little as the clapper. Seriously, what other HC talks as little as Garrett? Can you name one who basically never talks to his O, D, or QB?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Seems pretty lame to me to continue complaining about the offense when the QB had a career yr, the RB set all kinds of single season records, the WR had another banner yr, the TE had another good yr and supporting players in the offense all produced when needed
Other than defenses ability to take Dez away when they want, and the offense taking naps for a quarter or two almost every game, yeah I agree.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
vlcsnap-2014-12-20-13h57m13s33.jpg

Red is often in the vicinity of conversations, but not sure if he vetoes Linehan on occasion

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Red is often in the vicinity of conversations, but not sure if he vetoes Linehan on occasion
They're like the Bynars from star trek, they communicate telepathically through the headsets.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Other than defenses ability to take Dez away when they want, and the offense taking naps for a quarter or two almost every game, yeah I agree.

Defense spent a lot of resources to "take Dez away whenever they want"...2 guys, sometimes 3 guys

And what normally happened is we ran the ball with tremendous success or found other guys wide open somewhere

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Defense spent a lot of resources to "take Dez away whenever they want"...2 guys, sometimes 3 guys

And what normally happened is we ran the ball with tremendous success or found other guys wide open somewhere
But still, would take a nap for a quarter or two. That's what all those zeros are, on the score summary.

They've not shown to have any real answer for when a defense takes Dez away.

Top Bottom