Reaction score
ROTO: Morris Claiborne - DB - Cowboys

Cowboys CB Morris Claiborne has been diagnosed with a torn left patellar tendon, and is done for the season.
The Cowboys initially feared a torn ACL, but a patellar-tendon injury is just as bad. It's quite possible the ailment will end Claiborne's star-crossed tenure with the Cowboys. He's due a fully-guaranteed $2.607 million in the final year of his rookie contract, but has been injury prone and ineffective since first stepping on an NFL field. Dallas' top three corners are Brandon Carr, Orlando Scandrick and Sterling Moore.

Reaction score
CB Micah Pellerin is on the practice squad. I wonder if he'll be called up or if the Cowboys will take a CB from another team's practice squad.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Just as well. Now, go get a CB on the cheap and start Scandrick and Carr with Moore coming in in the slot. Patmon on the bench in case of injury.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tyler Patmon is already on the 53

They have the open spot with Claiborne going to IR and Jakar Hamilton's suspension is over. he was getting some time as a slot CB in training camp in addition to his safety role.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hasn't he switched between the 2?

I don't think so, but Broaddus was saying the other day that Spillman was starting to get reps at safety on D during the past week or so. He might start getting some reps other than just ST soon. They also have Hamilton potentially coming back this week and they were pretty pleased with his work in coverage during TC and PS

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Tyler Patmon is already on the 53

They have the open spot with Claiborne going to IR and Jakar Hamilton's suspension is over. he was getting some time as a slot CB in training camp in addition to his safety role.

Yeah, but he's been inactive. Making him active allows him to serve the bench roll Moore basically has been serving.

Reaction score
Don't worry. I'm friends with Claiborns realtor and he says Claiborn is focused and dedicated to his recovery.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
File this one under good news. And hopefully good riddance.

Let's use the open roster spot when Mo gets put on IR, to activate Sam and let's see if he can fucking play some DL.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Grab Woodson from the silver and black. He is not happy there. A veteran presence in the secondary would be welcome.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Grab Woodson from the silver and black. He is not happy there.
Not sure I would like the Raider's price for him.

Let's see what Sam can do first. In fact, no reason we can't do both.

Top Bottom