Simple Yes or No vote: Bill Bates for the Cowboys Ring of Honor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iamtdg

Reaction score
You could at least spell them all right. :razz

Would you be like, all upset and stuff if Bates was named to the RoH?

Oh, I left out an L. Great catch.

And, yes, it would bother me if they put him in the ROH.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I can't believe you would even say Woody and Cliff while discussing Bates. They were 10 times the safety he was.
Can you not read for context? Woody and Cliff should be in the RoH and really, this conversation proves how flawed it is, if nothing else.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Because in your view he made no outstanding contribution to the Dallas Cowboys?

He hit people a lot. He tried hard. He was a good cheerleader. Enough to get him into the most elite ring on the most (at one point) elite franchise in NFL history? No.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
We are talking about RoH credentials here and Bates is IN the top ten for Dallas Cowboys safeties.

You've made quite a few ignorant arguments in your short time here, and this one ranks right up near the top. He's in the OMGTOPTENOMG!!!! So what? Should they all be in the ROH? How about the top ten guards? Top ten kickers?

Top ten. BFD. Guess what? On the teams own website, they have Mike Gaechter ranked ahead of Bates at #9 on the all-time safeties list. He played 7 less seasons than Bates, because he had to retire due to a ruptured Achilles. But he had twice as many INTs. You think he should be in the ROH? Hell, have you even ever heard of him?

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Can you not read for context? Woody and Cliff should be in the RoH and really, this conversation proves how flawed it is, if nothing else.

Okay, then argue that it's flawed. Don't be silly and argue that a special teams guy belongs in.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Top ten. BFD. Guess what? On the teams own website, they have Mike Gaechter ranked ahead of Bates at #9 on the all-time safeties list. He played 7 less seasons than Bates, because he had to retire due to a ruptured Achilles. But he had twice as many INTs. You think he should be in the ROH? Hell, have you even ever heard of him?
He's one of the greatest, but do you know anything about him other than what you just read?

You didn't know Bates was #10 all time until I educated you. :razz

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
He hit people a lot. He tried hard. He was a good cheerleader. Enough to get him into the most elite ring on the most (at one point) elite franchise in NFL history? No.

If Tony's career ended today, would you put him in?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If Tony's career ended today, would you put him in?
Nope. I cannot think of one Outstanding Contribution, as the charter calls for.

But of course, Jerry would and will.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
He's one of the greatest, but do you know anything about him other than what you just read?

You didn't know Bates was #10 all time until I educated you. :razz

Even the Dallas Cowboys on their own official website say Bates is listed more for his special teams play. He only started what, 40 some games at safety?

God damn, Sheik. Where did you find this fucking moron? :lol

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I doubt I ever recover from this burn.
Sure you will. Anyone taking anything posted about their fictitious username on the web needs a checkup from the neck up. I think you're foolish and ignorant, but not nuts. :razz

This is a locker room atmosphere, guys gonna razz and cut up.

Top Bottom