Reaction score
I didn't say in the offense, dummy, I said in the WR corps. He was #4 on the depth chart but played like a 2/3 and wanted to get paid at that level. I would've prefered to keep him and drop Roy but that wasn't going to happen. If we never traded for Roy, Jerry would've gone after some other name to fill the void he was looking at creating by dropping TO.

It he fits in well in our offense, he fits in our WR Corp. lol

Your logic is astounding sometimes.

Cythim

Reaction score
It he fits in well in our offense, he fits in our WR Corp. lol

Your logic is astounding sometimes.

You are talking two different things. He fits well in the scheme the offense plays but he was all the way back to 4th on the depth chart and wasn't going to see the field as often as he should. Just like your argument that Danny fits our offense, it doesn't matter because he would never see the field behind all of the WRs who are better than him. Fitting into our offensive scheme and fitting into the WR corps are two seperate things.

And it is corps, not corp. Corp is an abbreviation for corporation while corps is a subdivision of a larger group.

Reaction score
You are talking two different things. He fits well in the scheme the offense plays but he was all the way back to 4th on the depth chart and wasn't going to see the field as often as he should. Just like your argument that Danny fits our offense, it doesn't matter because he would never see the field behind all of the WRs who are better than him. Fitting into our offensive scheme and fitting into the WR corps are two seperate things.

And it is corps, not corp. Corp is an abbreviation for corporation while corps is a subdivision of a larger group.

If you play well with the rest of the team, you'll find yourself on the field no matter what the depth chart says. There's no doubt if we kept Crayton he would have been more productive than Roy has been with us, yet we made the choice to not offer him alot of money and basically replace him with Roy. Was that a smart decision? No. Just because we make a certain move doesn't verify that it was the correct decision.

Christ.. and really? You're going to call me out because i neglected to type an "s"? First off.. lighten up Francis. Secondly, spell "Garrett" correctly, and then get back to me about typing errors.

Cythim

Reaction score
lol how many of my posts did you have to read through to find that error? There is a lot of ignorance on the corp vs corps usage, I was just helping you out.

What is this tangent you are trying to ride out about Crayton now? He knew he wouldn't get playing time ahead of Miles, Roy, and Dez so he asked for a trade. He would have seen the field, but in a reduced role much like the one Sam Hurd has occupied for the last few years. You realize he is 32 years old, right? He didn't fit into the long term picture of this WR corps. Roy probably doesn't fit well (in the long term) either but he cannot be unloaded and can match Crayton's production.

Now please stop changing the subject each time I burn you with the facts.

Reaction score
lol how many of my posts did you have to read through to find that error? There is a lot of ignorance on the corp vs corps usage, I was just helping you out.

What is this tangent you are trying to ride out about Crayton now? He knew he wouldn't get playing time ahead of Miles, Roy, and Dez so he asked for a trade. He would have seen the field, but in a reduced role much like the one Sam Hurd has occupied for the last few years. You realize he is 32 years old, right? He didn't fit into the long term picture of this WR corps. Roy probably doesn't fit well (in the long term) either but he cannot be unloaded and can match Crayton's production.

Now please stop changing the subject each time I burn you with the facts.

You haven't produced one fact in this entire discussion. Only the "well Crayton knows this, and Jerry knows that and yada yada yada im full of myself even though i sound retarded".

The FACT is, that Danny produced when given the chance, showed a set of skills that we lack on this offense and showed that he can get open and be the type of safety net for his QB that is so valuable in sustaining drives in this league. Wherever you put him on the depth chart, he proved he can get open regularly and be there when his QB needs an out. Whatever moves made in the past don't take that away from him. Hundreds of incorrect roster decisions are made every year.. doesn't prove a damn thing and it certainly doesn't make it a fact that we should have let Danny or Crayton go.

..oh and please spare us all with the ignorance comment over a typo. Once you type everything correctly yourself, maybe then you can talk, k bud? Christ..

Last edited:

Cythim

Reaction score
The fact is if Danny were on this team in his present form he would be fighting with Hurd to be the #8 target and for special teams reps. But that is only if he can get past Manny and Ogletree to even see the field. And that is in his present form, not the form he was in when he left Dallas. The old Danny would might have been signed off the practice squad when Dez went down but he still would have warmed that bench next to Ogletree and Manny.

You keep talking about how Danny has proven this and that, but where is this proof? Are you getting this all from a stat sheet? Maybe you are an avid Rams fan and watched his games?

DoomsdayDefense

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I wasn't even aware Amendola was still in the league. I guess I'm out of the loop. Did he really have 85 receptions last year?

Reaction score
I wasn't even aware Amendola was still in the league. I guess I'm out of the loop. Did he really have 85 receptions last year?

Yup. Was on the Rams. They had some injury problems at receiver and he really stepped up and became the go to guy for Sam Bradford.

sbk92

Reaction score

He was the lone WR target on a bad offense. A check down option for a rookie QB learning to play.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be in the league. But his numbers last year are completely misleading. He will fade away in St. Louis as they upgrade their talent base on offense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is coming from a guy who spent hours every day talking Cowboys during the Quincy Carter era.

The Golden Era...remember that time Quincy Carter threw 4 picks in one half?

Memories.

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I didn't say in the offense, dummy, I said in the WR corps. He was #4 on the depth chart but played like a 2/3 and wanted to get paid at that level. I would've prefered to keep him and drop Roy but that wasn't going to happen. If we never traded for Roy, Jerry would've gone after some other name to fill the void he was looking at creating by dropping TO.
You're such an idiot...LOL

Top Bottom