Reaction score
Quit trying to change the topic. This isn't about the Patriots or their style of offense. This isn't about the style of offense the Cowboys play either. Quit talking about dink and dunk, the Cowboys utilize the RB and screens for the underneath passing game. This is about how Danny fits in our team and the simple fact that he does not. He was on our roster and couldn't crack the depth chart at WR. I'll be anything this was a Garrett decision and not a Wade or Jerry decision.

Figure it out.. 8 yards got Danny a first down less than half the time. That is the statistical truth.

Danny would fit our team very well as a slot receiver right now, if you chose to look at his skill set and realized that he was played alot as an outside receiver in St. Louis. Just because we made the decision to release him doesn't mean he didn't belong or wouldn't have been a better option that what we kept. The argument isn't changing at all.. the Boys use a number of different options for their short passing game, and Danny in the slot would only add to what they already have as options.

He became a reliable safety valve for Bradford in his rookie season, as Welker is for Brady.. and those types of guys go a long way in sustaining drives. No doubt he could be that type of guy for Romo too had we held onto him.

Last edited:

Cythim

Reaction score
More lip service from a fool just trying to win an argument. Danny does not have the ability to crack our depth chart. He didn't in 2008 and he knew that he wouldn't in 2009 so he left when his contract expired to have a crack at the Eagles depth chart, where he also failed. I'll trust Garret's decision to let him walk over your blind praise for a one hit wonder. He became the only target on a team with zero depth at WR and will quickly revert to a minor role once they add more quality at the position.

Reaction score
More lip service from a fool just trying to win an argument. Danny does not have the ability to crack our depth chart. He didn't in 2008 and he knew that he wouldn't in 2009 so he left when his contract expired to have a crack at the Eagles depth chart, where he also failed. I'll trust Garret's decision to let him walk over your blind praise for a one hit wonder. He became the only target on a team with zero depth at WR and will quickly revert to a minor role once they add more quality at the position.

You call me a fool, then comment on how it was Garrett's decision to let him walk when its doubtful that was his call and certainly not something you can prove.. yea. Settle down there lil guy.

Bottom line is i'd take Danny over Sam Hurd as a receiver anyday, so saying he couldn't crack our depth chart is nonsense. I'd take him as a slot guy over Roy too for that matter. He's got the right skillset and he's an unselfish guy who lays it all on the line. As i said, those safety valve type guys who can always seem to get open when their QB needs an out are the type of guys who go a long way in sustaining drives. Crayton used to be that for Tony, Witten is another example, Danny was that for Bradford last year, as Welker is for Brady. All of those guys are very valuable to have on your football team.

Cythim

Reaction score
You are a fool, comparing Danny to Witten and Welker. Compare him to Crayton because that works just fine; two guys who were not important enough to keep around long term.

Reaction score
You are a fool, comparing Danny to Witten and Welker. Compare him to Crayton because that works just fine; two guys who were not important enough to keep around long term.

You could compare Randy Moss to Sam Hurd if you looked close enough both guys would have at least a couple common traits. Saying that Danny is a safety valve for his QB doesn't mean he's as talented as those other guys, just means he serves that role in his offense and that it is a valuable piece for sustaining drives. Catching 85 passes in a year is no easy feat, not just anyone can get open enough to get over 100 targets from their QB. Whether you wana continue to bitch about it or not, he served an important role in the offense and was a safety valve for Bradford, a go to guy. No one's saying he'd be the saving grace in Dallas, just that if we'd kept him he'd make a great slot guy for us and would hold more value in that spot than Roy does, no doubt in my mind.

Cythim

Reaction score
I am telling you if we kept him he would still be on the practice squad. He never would've gotten significant looks to be able to become the player you pretend he is. He couldn't crack the depth chart and never would have gotten the chance he had with St Louis.

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You could compare Randy Moss to Sam Hurd if you looked close enough both guys would have at least a couple common traits. Saying that Danny is a safety valve for his QB doesn't mean he's as talented as those other guys, just means he serves that role in his offense and that it is a valuable piece for sustaining drives. Catching 85 passes in a year is no easy feat, not just anyone can get open enough to get over 100 targets from their QB. Whether you wana continue to bitch about it or not, he served an important role in the offense and was a safety valve for Bradford, a go to guy. No one's saying he'd be the saving grace in Dallas, just that if we'd kept him he'd make a great slot guy for us and would hold more value in that spot than Roy does, no doubt in my mind.
:Clap :Clap :Clap

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You call me a fool, then comment on how it was Garrett's decision to let him walk when its doubtful that was his call and certainly not something you can prove.. yea. Settle down there lil guy.

Jerry has a major hard on for Garrett. If Garrett wanted Amendola then Jerry would have kept him.

RoyTheHammer said:
Bottom line is i'd take Danny over Sam Hurd as a receiver anyday, so saying he couldn't crack our depth chart is nonsense. I'd take him as a slot guy over Roy too for that matter. He's got the right skillset and he's an unselfish guy who lays it all on the line. As i said, those safety valve type guys who can always seem to get open when their QB needs an out are the type of guys who go a long way in sustaining drives. Crayton used to be that for Tony, Witten is another example, Danny was that for Bradford last year, as Welker is for Brady. All of those guys are very valuable to have on your football team.

How is it that Amendola NOT being able to crack the Cowboys depth chart is nonsense, when he did NOT crack the the lineup? So what if you would rather have Amendola over Hurd, all that would mean is that Amendola would have as much playing time as Hurd.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

This is an ignornat statement. Crayton when he was here, had alot more value for the Cowboys than Amendola.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

How would he have held more value than Roy aside from the contract? I'm as much if not mre one of Roy's detractors, but he did serve well in the red zone, something that I do not see Amendola fulfilling. Cynthim's right. If the Ram's had more talent at their WR corp, Amendola would not have those 85 passes.

Reaction score
How would he have held more value than Roy aside from the contract? I'm as much if not mre one of Roy's detractors, but he did serve well in the red zone, something that I do not see Amendola fulfilling. Cynthim's right. If the Ram's had more talent at their WR corp, Amendola would not have those 85 passes.

Its not hard to understand if you realize what skill set most good slot WR's have. Roy is not a slot WR, we just try to place him in that role because he has a monster contract and we have guys that are much better than him. We have plenty of red zone targets available. Dez, Witten, Bennett, etc.. That being one of his strengths doesn't make his value all of a sudden skyrocket. Whether its true or not that if the Rams had better WR's, Danny wouldn't have been as big a part of the offense and wouldn't have caught 85 balls is irrelevant. The point is, he DID do it, and he's capable of doing it. He was a safety valve for that offense and showed he could get open whenever his QB needed him. He's a better WR in the slot than Roy.. and for much less money he could still have been here and been productive for us. Just because we make bad decisions sometimes doesn't mean they are the correct ones.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Its not hard to understand if you realize what skill set most good slot WR's have. Roy is not a slot WR, we just try to place him in that role because he has a monster contract and we have guys that are much better than him. We have plenty of red zone targets available. Dez, Witten, Bennett, etc.. That being one of his strengths doesn't make his value all of a sudden skyrocket. Whether its true or not that if the Rams had better WR's, Danny wouldn't have been as big a part of the offense and wouldn't have caught 85 balls is irrelevant. The point is, he DID do it, and he's capable of doing it. He was a safety valve for that offense and showed he could get open whenever his QB needed him. He's a better WR in the slot than Roy.. and for much less money he could still have been here and been productive for us. Just because we make bad decisions sometimes doesn't mean they are the correct ones.

But this is the problem that you are missing. For the sake of your argument, let's say that Amendola is better than Roy at the slot. That would be besaides the point. Because the thing is, Garrett wants to move his WRs and TEs all over the place. That's why you saw Dez in the slot. That's why you saw Austin in the slot, and that's why you saw Roy in the slot, and even Felix. Amendola can only play the slot.

And yes Amendola DID catch 85 passes, but he also DID get cut from the Cowboys because they had no place for him.

Look, I understand the Amendolas are feel good stories. I root for those kind of players. I really do. I like when we have UFDAs with potential that can come in and make an impact and contribute. But that's it. I don't carry a torch for them, especially when they are no longer on the team like you arwe doing. That's ridiculous. Come on man.

Reaction score
But this is the problem that you are missing. For the sake of your argument, let's say that Amendola is better than Roy at the slot. That would be besaides the point. Because the thing is, Garrett wants to move his WRs and TEs all over the place. That's why you saw Dez in the slot. That's why you saw Austin in the slot, and that's why you saw Roy in the slot, and even Felix. Amendola can only play the slot.

And yes Amendola DID catch 85 passes, but he also DID get cut from the Cowboys because they had no place for him.

Actually, as he proved this past season, he can play the slot or play outside and be an effective WR. He'd just be a better fit in the slot.

You using the fact that he was put on the Boys practice squad and then decided to sign elsewhere as fact that he's not good enough is not a logical argument.

Cythim

Reaction score
This is an ignornat statement. Crayton when he was here, had alot more value for the Cowboys than Amendola.

There is nothing ignorant about my statement, you are just too busy trying to find fault in my post to understand and realize the context behind it. Crayton was a valuable #2 WR but had three guys in front of him while Danny was a project and had three other projects in front of him. Neither player fit well into our WR corps, both players realized this, and both made the career choice to play somewhere else.

I'm not downplaying the important role Crayton played while he was here, I am saying he and Danny were in a similar place in having a questionable future with the Dallas Cowboys when they departed the team.

Reaction score
There is nothing ignorant about my statement, you are just too busy trying to find fault in my post to understand and realize the context behind it. Crayton was a valuable #2 WR but had three guys in front of him while Danny was a project and had three other projects in front of him. Neither player fit well into our WR corps, both players realized this, and both made the career choice to play somewhere else.

I'm not downplaying the important role Crayton played while he was here, I am saying he and Danny were in a similar place in having a questionable future with the Dallas Cowboys when they departed the team.

Crayton fit just fine in this offense, and was a favorite target of Romo when he left. He would have stayed no doubt had Jerry not traded for Roy Williams. We didn't have any money left to pay Crayton really. Jerry had his boy and was riding on him.

Cythim

Reaction score
Crayton fit just fine in this offense, and was a favorite target of Romo when he left. He would have stayed no doubt had Jerry not traded for Roy Williams. We didn't have any money left to pay Crayton really. Jerry had his boy and was riding on him.

I didn't say in the offense, dummy, I said in the WR corps. He was #4 on the depth chart but played like a 2/3 and wanted to get paid at that level. I would've prefered to keep him and drop Roy but that wasn't going to happen. If we never traded for Roy, Jerry would've gone after some other name to fill the void he was looking at creating by dropping TO.

Top Bottom