Reaction score
Amendola can play a little. But his numbers last year were a reflection of a really bad offense. As the Rams get some talented WRs, you'll see his numbers drop substantially.

That's some faulty logic there. They may get better WR's and they may look to Amendola less in a year or two, but that doesn't mean he still couldn't do the job like he did this past year.

Also, again.. in a slot role is where his greatest value would be. His skill set is just talor made for it.

Cythim

Reaction score
That's some faulty logic there. They may get better WR's and they may look to Amendola less in a year or two, but that doesn't mean he still couldn't do the job like he did this past year.

Also, again.. in a slot role is where his greatest value would be. His skill set is just talor made for it.

St Louis picked him up after two superior teams with superior WR corps kept him on the practice squad. He is nothing more than a stop gap WR who will hit FA once St Louis gets more talent at his position. He couldn't crack our depth chart and still won't do it today.

Reaction score
St Louis picked him up after two superior teams with superior WR corps kept him on the practice squad. He is nothing more than a stop gap WR who will hit FA once St Louis gets more talent at his position. He couldn't crack our depth chart and still won't do it today.

He's proven if you throw to him, he can get open and make plays. There may be flashier guys, or guys with more physical talent, but i'd take a guy like Danny to roam our slot position anyday. Just like i'd take Dirk over LeBron anyday.. one may be flashier and have much more physical ability, but the other has heart and drive and gets the job done consistently.

Cythim

Reaction score
He's proven if you throw to him, he can get open and make plays. There may be flashier guys, or guys with more physical talent, but i'd take a guy like Danny to roam our slot position anyday. Just like i'd take Dirk over LeBron anyday.. one may be flashier and have much more physical ability, but the other has heart and drive and gets the job done consistently.

He can make plays? 8 yards per reception is not making plays. 4.5 YAC is not making plays. 4 TDs is not making plays. Maybe we should merge his return yards with his reception yards so we can pretend he is something more than a JAG. You want him to be Wes Welker when he is merely a shadow of the great little receiver.

Reaction score
He can make plays? 8 yards per reception is not making plays. 4.5 YAC is not making plays. 4 TDs is not making plays. Maybe we should merge his return yards with his reception yards so we can pretend he is something more than a JAG. You want him to be Wes Welker when he is merely a shadow of the great little receiver.

Yawn.. again, 8 yards per reception gets you that first down almost everytime. Exactly what you look for from your slot receiver, a guy who can make a quick move and get himself open.

Reaction score
Funny how people can forget how big a role possession receivers can play in this game. Not everything has to be a bomb down the field. Look at friggin Wes Welker. He's made a career out of the dink and dunk passing game. Catch the ball, get the first down. Its that simple.

Cythim

Reaction score
Alert the press! The NFL has reduced first downs from 10 yards to 8!

I knew it was only a matter of time before the Welker comparison came out. Welker has a career 10+ average and converts 55% of his recs for a first down. Danny is sitting at 43% for first downs, so no, Danny is not getting a first down "almost every time" or even half the time.

Roy and Miles are converting 69% and 73% recs for first downs. Roy had 25 first downs last to to Danny's 35 with 50 fewer receptions to get him there.

St Louis was top 10 in completions yet not even top 20 in passing yards. Maybe if they had a WR that could get more than 8 yards per catch they would be better than 7-9.

We have so many receiving threats on this team that Danny would not matter. He would be on the bench next to Ogletree, Johnson and Holley waiting and hoping for a shot at playing time.

Are you over Danny yet?

Reaction score
Alert the press! The NFL has reduced first downs from 10 yards to 8!

I knew it was only a matter of time before the Welker comparison came out. Welker has a career 10+ average and converts 55% of his recs for a first down. Danny is sitting at 43% for first downs, so no, Danny is not getting a first down "almost every time" or even half the time.

Roy and Miles are converting 69% and 73% recs for first downs. Roy had 25 first downs last to to Danny's 35 with 50 fewer receptions to get him there.

St Louis was top 10 in completions yet not even top 20 in passing yards. Maybe if they had a WR that could get more than 8 yards per catch they would be better than 7-9.

We have so many receiving threats on this team that Danny would not matter. He would be on the bench next to Ogletree, Johnson and Holley waiting and hoping for a shot at playing time.

Are you over Danny yet?

How many 2nd and 8 or 3rd and 8 situations did we face last year compared to 2nd and 9 or more and 3rd and 9 or more?

Figure it out.. 8 yards gets you the first down almost every time. Welker averaged 10 yards per reception last year and was again one of the best WR's in the league. He's been around 10 yards per catch for his career actually, but yet the Pats have one of the best passing offenses in the league consistently using that dink and dunk style then going for the homerun occasionally. Hmm..

C

Cr122

I think Harris is going to do fine in the slot.

If Dez keeps himself in check we could have a dangerous passing attack.

Bryant, Austin, Williams, Harris and Witten? I like our chances.

And we still have Phillips and Bennett along with Felix and Murray for certain plays. A lot of weapons to choose from.

Cythim

Reaction score
How many 2nd and 8 or 3rd and 8 situations did we face last year compared to 2nd and 9 or more and 3rd and 9 or more?

Figure it out.. 8 yards gets you the first down almost every time. Welker averaged 10 yards per reception last year and was again one of the best WR's in the league. He's been around 10 yards per catch for his career actually, but yet the Pats have one of the best passing offenses in the league consistently using that dink and dunk style then going for the homerun occasionally. Hmm..

Quit trying to change the topic. This isn't about the Patriots or their style of offense. This isn't about the style of offense the Cowboys play either. Quit talking about dink and dunk, the Cowboys utilize the RB and screens for the underneath passing game. This is about how Danny fits in our team and the simple fact that he does not. He was on our roster and couldn't crack the depth chart at WR. I'll be anything this was a Garrett decision and not a Wade or Jerry decision.

Figure it out.. 8 yards got Danny a first down less than half the time. That is the statistical truth.

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Quit trying to change the topic. This isn't about the Patriots or their style of offense. This isn't about the style of offense the Cowboys play either. Quit talking about dink and dunk, the Cowboys utilize the RB and screens for the underneath passing game. This is about how Danny fits in our team and the simple fact that he does not. He was on our roster and couldn't crack the depth chart at WR. I'll be anything this was a Garrett decision and not a Wade or Jerry decision.

Figure it out.. 8 yards got Danny a first down less than half the time. That is the statistical truth.
Dude, if you go back and look at HBO's Hard Knocks they clearly show Wade And Jerry making the decision to cut Amendola.

They wanted to sign him to the practice squad but he was picked up by another team, speaking of dink and donk how do you think Witten makes a living...? I'll take Amendola's effort and production over Roy *I fumble in my sleep* Williams any day. BTW, Look for Amendola to be on alot of fantasy teams with a more experienced and even better Sam Bradford.

Cythim

Reaction score
Dude, if you go back and look at HBO's Hard Knocks they clearly show Wade And Jerry making the decision to cut Amendola.

They wanted to sign him to the practice squad but he was picked up by another team, speaking of dink and donk how do you think Witten makes a living...? I'll take Amendola's effort and production over Roy *I fumble in my sleep* Williams any day. BTW, Look for Amendola to be on alot of fantasy teams with a more experienced and even better Sam Bradford.

He spent the entire 2008 season on the Cowboy's practice squad, so you obviously know jack and shit about what you are talking about.

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He spent the entire 2008 season on the Cowboy's practice squad, so you obviously know jack and shit about what you are talking about.
Wow you really impress me with you're cursing skills...He was on the practice squad that season and the cowboys tried to resign him the following season but the eagles signed him instead. The point is now he is a productive slot receiver in the NFL and will get better with a more experienced Sam Bradford. JERK.

Cythim

Reaction score
Wow you really impress me with you're cursing skills...He was on the practice squad that season and the cowboys tried to resign him the following season but the eagles signed him instead. The point is now he is a productive slot receiver in the NFL and will get better with a more experienced Sam Bradford. JERK.

Simple minds are easily impressed. Your original point was how Wade made a bad decision in letting Danny go when he couldn't crack the depth chart. He is collecting stats with another team right now but that doesn't mean he will fit into our offense

Top Bottom