Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
When I started this audio project it was Saturday afternoon and I happened to check news online and saw the breaking story that Brodie Lee had suddenly passed and it tore my heart out.

I was going to just scrap this audio project and maybe look at it another time, but I had been planning it in my mind for weeks and then realized that in wrestling, the show goes on regardless. So with quite heavy heart I started work on this and didn't stop until it was finished.

I do digital audio and have been an audio production guy for over 40 years. Some weeks ago I got inspired by Chris Jericho's Fozzy band arena anthem that's his AEW entrance. A group posted the arena audience singing which was during the last wrestling PPV before covid and I took their vocals and cleaned them up and isolated them, got them on tempo then combined them with the studio version of the song which I also, sweetened up a bit first.

Here's the studio version:

Here's the live arena singing it before even the music starts:

Here's the Meredith Bell-led choir in same event

Here's a screengrab of the digital audio workstation during the production of this.
View attachment 7800

I took the audio from all three and put them in my digital audio workstation. Here's what I produced, everything explained in the subtitles. Crank it.

Excellent work!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Excellent work!
Thanks! Glad you like. There's tons of videos out there where folks tried to do this, but they just didn't quite get the vibe I don't think. They really didn't try to really mix it all together, most of them have the choir singing, then hard cut to the entrance music and it's just the studio version dubbed in without any mixing in of the crowd itself. It just didn't cut it IMO.

Excellence is what I get, have to settle for, when always seeking perfection.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That Meredith Bell choir was great though right? Those words and those lyrics coming out of their angelic vocals really hit the spot for me. Awesome dichotomy.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That Meredith Bell choir was great though right? Those words and those lyrics coming out of their angelic vocals really hit the spot for me. Awesome dichotomy.
Seamless. If I'd just heard it out of the blue never would have known it hadn't been together from the beginning.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That vid
wow... does it have special price where watch ppv online for a flat cheap price like wwe does for online viewing
That video you are commenting on? From post #2 of the thread? That was FREE s0n. NOT PPV. Every wednesday night on TNT at 7pm central.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If you missed it last night you just... Missed it. Tully Blanchard returned to the ring as a wrestler complete with his late 80s robe and his NWA United States Heavyweight Championship belt teaming up with his charges who were sporting the old NWA World Tag Team Championship belts which Tully and Arn Anderson carried and defended back then, taking on Jurassic Express in a 6-man tag team match.

But before that, this happened: Shaquille O'Neal wrestled Cody Rhodes and wound up being thrown through two tables. It made SI.

The Big Slow Paul Wight has joined AEW and made his debut last night as well.

I bought the AEW Revolution PPV. Fiddy bucks. It airs at 6pm Sunday, my time.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Shaquille O'Neal wrestled Cody Rhodes and wound up being thrown through two tables.

Tully Blanchard returned to the ring as a wrestler complete with his late 80s robe and his NWA United States Heavyweight Championship belt teaming up with his charges who were sporting the old NWA World Tag Team Championship belts which Tully and Arn Anderson carried and defended back then - AND JJ DILLON was there with them!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Last Wednesday night... In what pundits and writers are calling the best swerve since Hogan went rouge, the Inner Circle appears to shatter but instead bond even more than before - and a new heel faction is formed! (this was must see TV on TNT)

Part 1:

Part 2:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
im not into wrestling anymore, fandom dropped off when steve austin couldnt wrestle anymore but thats a pretty hefty comparison. im happy for wrestling fans because that NWO heel turn was fun to watch

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
that NWO heel turn was fun to watch
The one in the 90s? Or this latest one I posted? AEW can't use any of the old WCW terms and brands like NWO and etc - they're property of WWE since 2001.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The one in the 90s? Or this latest one I posted? AEW can't use any of the old WCW terms and brands like NWO and etc - they're property of WWE since 2001.
yes the NWO from the 90s. whatever happened in AEW recently..... if it had the type of impact that the NWO did in the WCW then i'm happy for the fans for getting to experience it.

hogan, nash, and hall in the ring was iconic, unexpected, and started a tidal wave in wrestling.. ive always been a WWF over WCW fan, but after hogan's heel turn, everybody talked about NWO wolf pack and the "intentional" backstab of the century. most people i knew were always WWF fans but started watching WCW because of NWO

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
most people i knew were always WWF fans but started watching WCW because of NWO
That always gives me giggles, as most of the "superstars" WWF fans came to know got their start in WCW. Undertaker, Austin, Warrior, Triple H, Hall and Nash, and on and on. Turner didn't have the marketing and merchandising machine Vince pioneered. Didn't have the slick and antiseptic production and also didn't script every word every move and even side looks for every match. Ironically, the biggest "stars" such as Austin, couldn't get over until Vince turned them loose and let them make their own persona. WCW's mistake was letting these guys have FULL creative control stipulated in their contracts. They went way overboard, and also started just skipping events, no-shows for scheduled appearances, and so on. Vince would never tolerate that even from the likes of Hogan.
whatever happened in AEW recently..... if it had the type of impact that the NWO did in the WCW then i'm happy for the fans for getting to experience it.
I wouldn't compare them for pure crossover value - they're not bringing WWE fans over. But insiders and writers are saying it's the biggest swerve SINCE Hogan's heel turn. WWE is leaving Wednesday nights, USA is tired of losing the ratings war to AEW and they're thinking about a new NHL game series to put up against it. WWE is hurting like it hasn't since the 90s. Covid and solid competition are killing them right now.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
a young icup was imitating stunners, rock bottoms, and peoples elbows,, and throwing up middle fingers and pretending to chug beers ... good times

im trying to think of other big heel turns since hogan and i'm drawing a blank.... my memory is of almost exclusively WWE, and it seemed like there were a lot of factions at the time trying to capture lightning in a bottle

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I stopped watching rasslin the same time I stopped believing in Santa

When I found out that they weren’t real

Top Bottom