dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jimmy says he is "back in the fold with Jerry"

"Since the Ring of Honor, I am on his [Jerry Jones'] advisory board now," Johnson said to Joe Rose on WQAM 560 AM in Miami. "We were talking on the phone for about an hour after his Green Bay loss, and he was talking about what all he needed to do because he had big decisions on Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn and Dak Prescott. Everything is hunky dory now. I am back in the fold with the Cowboys."

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jimmy says he is "back in the fold with Jerry"

"Since the Ring of Honor, I am on his [Jerry Jones'] advisory board now," Johnson said to Joe Rose on WQAM 560 AM in Miami. "We were talking on the phone for about an hour after his Green Bay loss, and he was talking about what all he needed to do because he had big decisions on Mike McCarthy and Dan Quinn and Dak Prescott. Everything is hunky dory now. I am back in the fold with the Cowboys."
single best move jerry has made as GM of the cowboys, now listening to jimmy is a whole other story

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Maybe having Jimmy and Zim back, both of who were here for our last Super Bowl, and both who put up with no bull shit, can help bring back some discipline to this team and help get rid of the country club attitude that we have had for decades.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Dak does everything well enough to win a Super Bowl, during the REGULAR season.

He has not done anywhere near well enough to win a Super Bowl when the postseason actually starts. Dude's had two good postseason games in his career and one of those was v a team with a losing record.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Danny probably thinks that his teammates let him down too.
At least he did get us to the NFC Champ Game 3 times (4 if you count the game he came in v Atlanta in 1978)

All anyone ever talks about v SF is that damn catch, but White actually played pretty good that day. Everyone forgets Montana had 3 picks and 4 total turnovers. SF had 6 turnovers that day. It's still amazing we lost.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
All
anyone ever talks about v SF is that damn catch
I don't, I talk about White's choke fumble two plays later.

He was a straight up choker, choked in all three NFC title game losses. Landry trying to move off him as early as 1983.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score

At least he did get us to the NFC Champ Game 3 times (4 if you count the game he came in v Atlanta in 1978)

All anyone ever talks about v SF is that damn catch, but White actually played pretty good that day. Everyone forgets Montana had 3 picks and 4 total turnovers. SF had 6 turnovers that day. It's still amazing we lost.
What's still amazing? San Fran is in a longer drought (1995) than Dallas (1996) in winning another Superbowl w/their visits in a decade lol. Crazy!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What's still amazing? San Fran is in a longer drought (1995) than Dallas (1996) in winning another Superbowl w/their visits in a decade lol. Crazy!
Never mind that they've been to 8 conference championship games and 3 super bowls since we did anything of note

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't, I talk about White's choke fumble two plays later.

He was a straight up choker, choked in all three NFC title game losses. Landry trying to move off him as early as 1983.
The team played terrible in two of those three losses, not just him.

He also was pretty good in several postseason wins.

I'm not a huge fan of White (and never was) but he had to follow an absolute legend. But at least he got the team into championship games. Something Romo and Prescott havent even come close to doing.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He'll need a couple of decent LB's (we might have one of Overshown is healthy, big if). I think he needs to strongly consider the younger safeties (hopefully Kearse leaves via FA but Hooker especially isnt a fit because he doesnt have any real range or playmaking ability at FS). He's going to love Odiggy at 3T. Parsons is obviously a fit for any scheme. Lawrence is clearly a fit. Sam Williams could probably be a bigtime fit if he gets his head screwed on right. If they keep Gilmore (who says he wants to stay) the CB position is loaded. Especially if Diggs is 100% by training camp as they anticipate.
YES! We would need LBs regardless of who the DC is. We could certainly use an upgrade at safety. CB is one of those positions where if the right guy falls then you take him.

We need to get something from Mazi. That can't be a wasted pick. If nothing else, maybe Harbaugh might want him for a pick. But hopefully Mazi will show he belongs.

Top Bottom