dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
A true #1 is someone the defense is afraid of. Nobody's afraid of Lamb. They were all scared to death of Pearson. Yes it's just this simple.
Eh. There's only been a handful of receivers over the decades that teams would be truly "afraid of"

Defenses were afraid of Bob Hayes. They were afraid of Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin. They were afraid of Randy Moss. Though I hate the guy and he should be out of the league, Tyreek Hill is probably another guy defenses are "afraid" of.
As much as I loved Drew Pearson I doubt any teams were "scared to death" of him, though he was a great player.

Lamb's a great player. Right now he is trapped in a system with a bad starting QB who struggles to read defenses and consistently find the open guy. Put him on Miami or San Francisco and his numbers would be exceptional.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So my only point is that the benchmark for determining a great WR, in today's era should probably be around 1500 (if not more given how CB and safeties have to play).

Cee Dee had 1359 last year. Close enough? But the year prior he had 1102. That probably won't cut it in today's game to qualify as great.
2021 and 2022 are the only seasons with 17 games, so far there are only 6 examples of guys eclipsing the 1500 yd mark. Devante Adams and Justin Jefferson did it both years, so that's 4 of the 6. The other two were Cooper Kupp (2021) and Tyreek Hill (2022). AJ Brown got 1496 last yr so you could count him I guess.

I think I'd probably say there are more than 4 or 5 great receivers in the league and there's certainly other metrics involved which would help determine that other than just total yards receiving.

That said, the league rules are such that passing is relatively easy and now the majority of offensive plays overall. Almost any team can end up with 1 or 2 guys posting some hefty numbers.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
She's a complete fucking pinhead. I can't stand her or her music.

Many people have the belief the league is firmly behind all the promotion of her and her stupid relationship with Kelce in order to grow the game's viewership with women and young people. The coverage of it is definitely over the top and annoying. Just another reason to hate Goodell and everything he has done to the league since he became the Commish.
It was funny when Al Michaels clearly couldn't remember her name. Did you catch that?

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
kick tires or is he washed ?

I haven't kept up with it. But if the price were right I wouldn't mind adding him. I do wonder if Parsons has the size to hold for another couple of years going up against guys that outweigh him by 80 or more pounds.

Jordan Mailata, for example, is 6'8 and 366 pounds.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score

When I watch a game I usually do so in the background. I'm usually also working on my computer. So I'm not a good judge, but to me Mazi is a ghost. Has he made one highlight play yet?

Come on. He's a first-round pick. Surely we have higher expectations for him than he stands his ground.

RogtaDru

Spectator
Reaction score
I think the Mac and Dak dink and dunk offense somehow figures out a way to score a few more points than the Chargers.

This is based on believing the defense won't be stonewalled in their pass rush and the Chargers don't have a Warner and Greenlaw duo wreaking havoc.

I respect Bosa and Mack but I don't believe they're quite at the level of Warner/Greenlaw right now.

Just my opinion.

Top Bottom