dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Their DEs are capable of giving us problems and they were in the top 5 of blitzing teams last year mainly as a coverup for their weaker secondary as dbair points out. I'm still worried about them in general and this game in specific.

BUT... I'm still going Dallas 30-13 because nobody has book on our new offense and tendencies, I like our receiver room, and I think our D is gonna be too much for a lot of teams especially this one.

It's gonna be what it is.
Hoping you are correct Amigo

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
"Do not post about Dak in any non-Dak thread!"

Yeah, that's a real thread there from the dipshit Zone owner.

Reaction score
Back from vacay, saw our typical going into week one injury circus come to light again.
banged up just in time for week one every year.

I just can't understand how guys around the league are treated like sissies all training camp and preseason and somehow get injured in time for week one all the time. If we have neither Smith OL tonight (or they are liabilities due to the injuries) we will have a potential real serious problem moving the ball and scoring. Giants back 7 is not very good but their front is pretty good on paper.

We also might be missing both starting safeties as well as key backup DE Sam Williams.
Yeah. As far as the injuries go, there's gotta be a few factors. The current players are highly-tuned, explosive action figures that may just be more susceptible to injury. Who knows? I also wonder if the old, more physical training camps served to weed out players who were more susceptible to injury ... they wouldn't make it through training camp, so they wouldn't available to be injured just now. Finally, I'm guessing part of it is the NFL's mandatory injury report policy. Back in the day, teams wouldn't tell you who was banged up, so we assumed everyone was healthy. Even when they weren't.

I'm feeling more optimist than I should this morning. I'm assuming that McCarthy will have Dak rolling out and hitting quick passes to receivers who are actually on the move (instead of all of those darn curl routes that Moore was so in love with). I'm thinking we may just see some well executed screen passes. And surely Lamb and Cooks should have a field day against rookie CBs. I fully realize this is overly-optimistic, but at this point in the season I'm a homer.

Reaction score
"Do not post about Dak in any non-Dak thread!"

Yeah, that's a real thread there from the dipshit Zone owner.
That place is a zoo. So much of the content there are people bickering with each other's opinions about Dak that I can see why the mods are wanting to put a lid on it. But the main problem there is the quality of the posters. They have too many fanboys who lack depth, IMO, which leads to silly, superficial, empty-headed, fluff talk.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bunch of really bad QB play today. Some of these guys are absolutely not NFL quality passers in the least.

I know some of it might be rust from being treated like sissies all training camp and preseason but jeez, some of this stuff is high school level passing game bad. Just all schoolyard junk.

Memo to Belichick, you guys could do us a solid today if you'll just hold onto the football. Pats appear to have really dominated most of the game but are down by 2 pts because of turnovers.

As for us, if Prescott wants another contract he needs to eliminate the out and out clunker games like 3 of the last 4 games last year were. He was atrocious v Tennessee, Washington and San Fran.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This new Sunday Ticket on YouTube isn’t as bad as I expected.

It’s more of a pain in the ass to switch from a local game on direct tv and the rest of the games on YouTube. But other than that it is working pretty smoothly

I just wis he the 2 game split was north and south instead of side by side

A north and south option would make 2 larger viewing areas per game than the side by side set up

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's been an odd day, saw lots of A-gap pressure on the star QBs today everywhere I was looking. Like it's some idea passed around among DCs. It's been effective for the most part until the O schemes its way around it. Worked on Mahomes Thursday night and has worked today as well.

Hope we don't see that tonight I'm not convinced we can adjust on the fly. It seems to be kryptonite for QBs.

Mustang1

0le Ball Coach
Reaction score
Praying our Cowboys bring it tonight. I know I have been harping on our offensive line this season but I would sure feel a little better if we had picked Torrance in the second round. Hopefully McCarthy will make sure Dak gets rid of the ball quickly. The Giants will be no pushover. They are well coached and will be ready to compete. Praying for an injury free contest for both teams! Go Cowboys!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Pats Eagles has to rank up there for one of the worst displays of coaching by two teams in recent league history.

Both coaches looked like complete fucking morons out there (and especially in the 4th qtr)

Eagles got lucky as hell to beat a painfully mediocre New England team.

Foreskins also got damn lucky to win at home against arguably the least talented and worst QB'd team in the league.

Seattle, what the hell? Another old geezer that might need to fucking hang it up. The Lambs didnt even have their best offensive player.

Dolphins and Chargers played no defense whatsoever today, looked like a Big 12 or Pac 10 game where the teams have no interest in defense, coverage or tackling.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Heavy rain makes this more about physicality and less about fancy pants.. Advantage NY?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Heavy rain makes this more about physicality and less about fancy pants.. Advantage NY?
Where exactly are they more physical?

Was reading about their interior OL having their own problems. Apparently the rookie C struggled all preseason with opponents strength at DT, saw they might have to rotate Guards too

Top Bottom