dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Of the players listed above, the ones I want NOTHING to do with at 26 would be Myles Murphy, Mazy Smith and Matthew Bergeron.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jets beat writers seem to think they might go TE as well. Kincaid and Mayer will almost assuredly be the first two (in some order) so maybe this is why we're starting to hear other TE names for the Cowboys, maybe they know these guys are gone.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This is from Bob McGinn from a few days ago, he has LaPorta 4th based on his talks with the league personnel people.

My survey of 16 personnel men in the past few weeks asked them to rank the tight ends on a 1-to-5 basis, with a first-place vote worth five points, a second worth four and so on. Michael Mayer led with 10 firsts and 68 ½ points, followed by Dalton Kincaid (61, five firsts), Darnell Washington (40, one), Sam LaPorta (26 ½), Luke Musgrave (21), Tucker Kraft (11), Luke Schoonmaker (10) and Brenton Strange (two).
Okay, 4th. Still there are 3TEs that virtually everyone feels are better than LaPorta. I'm confident one of those 3 will be at 26. I'm not getting this LaPorta rumor at all. Maybe in round 2, okay, I get round 2.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Well in a way Jerry was right. They did lose a number of really good players this past offseason and they just gave Hurts the mega extension.

There's several threads over at PussyZone with people crying about Howie Roseman and what he'll do during the draft, but I couldnt care less. His track record in the draft is actually pretty poor. I doubt that changes anytime soon.
Bottom line is that if the Eagles get Bijan (unless Bijan is Ricky Williams II) they will have a very good OL, with a very good RB, with a QB who has more mobility than Dak, that has already proven to be unstoppable on short yardage.

I don't see the Eagles taking a back seat to Dallas unless Hurts gets hurt.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think Dallas should trade back and not worry about the 5th year option unless someone who is a legit first round pick falls to 26.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Jets beat writers seem to think they might go TE as well. Kincaid and Mayer will almost assuredly be the first two (in some order) so maybe this is why we're starting to hear other TE names for the Cowboys, maybe they know these guys are gone.

Well, that's a theory that makes sense. I can see the Jets getting Rodgers a TE, but it does seem early for a TE. Are any of the TEs true first round picks?

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Archer is usually the most accurate on Cowboy early draft picks (yea rover year).

Of the players listed above, the ones I want NOTHING to do with at 26 would be Myles Murphy, Mazy Smith and Matthew Bergeron.
Agreed. All three of those would spark me to get on the phone and see if I can drop back a bit. Not too much, but I'd be happy to get even an extra 6th and still get any of those. I wouldn't be worried about losing out on those players at 26.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
cbs has DAL at pick 26 and taking a WR:

Jalin Hyatt, WR
TENNESSEE • JR • 6'0" / 185 LBS

Jalin Hyatt wasn't in the first-round conversation heading into the season, but he's a great example of a player taking advantage of his opportunities, thanks in large part to Hendon Hooker's Heisman Trophy campaign. Hyatt is a bona-fide deep threat who consistently runs past defensive backs who have been helpless to do much about it all season.

As of right now, pick 23, Hyatt is still available. I think I'd go Hyatt and see if I can get LaPorta in round 2.

Let's see if he is there at 26

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's very rare that I compliment a Vikings move, but Addison, Jefferson and Osborn could be a very interesting trio next year...

Top Bottom