dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jer...fore-will-anderson-j?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

1. Chicago Bears - Jalen Carter DT Georgia
2. Houston Texans - Bryce Young QB Alabama
3. Arizona Cardinals - Tyree Wilson EDGE Texas Tech
4. Indianapolis Colts - C.J. Stroud QB Ohio St.
5. Seattle Seahawks (Denver) - Will Anderson EDGE Alabama
6. Detroit Lions (L.A. Rams) - Myles Murphy EDGE Clemson
7. Las Vegas Raiders - Will Levis QB Kentucky
8. Atlanta Falcons - Lukas Van Ness EDGE Iowa
9. Carolina Panthers - Peter Skoronski T Northwestern
10. Philadelphia Eagles (New Orleans) - Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois
11. Tennessee Titans - Paris Johnson T Ohio St.
12. Houston Texans (Cleveland) - Jordan Addison WR USC
13. New York Jets - Broderick Jones T Georgia
14. New England Patriots - Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon
15. Green Bay Packers - Dalton Kincaid TE Utah
16. Washington (Red)skins - Joey Porter Jr. CB Penn St.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Darnell Wright T Tennessee
18. Detroit Lions - Anthony Richardson QB Florida
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Bijan Robinson RB Texas
20. Seattle Seahawks - Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR Ohio St.
21. Los Angeles Chargers - Quentin Johnston WR TCU
22. Baltimore Ravens - Brian Branch CB Alabama
23. Minnesota Vikings - Deonte Banks CB Maryland
24. Jacksonville Jaguars - Bryan Bresee DT Clemson
25. New York Giants - Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee

26. Dallas Cowboys - Keion White EDGE Georgia Tech
White has inside/outside versatility, and I think he’ll be one of the stars of next week's combine.

27. Buffalo Bills - O'Cyrus Torrence G Florida
28. Cincinnati Bengals - Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame
29. Denver Broncos (San Francisco thru Mia) - Zay Flowers WR Boston College
30. Philadelphia Eagles - Felix Anudike-Uzomah EDGE Kansas St.
31. Kansas City Chiefs - Nolan Smith EDGE Georgia

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I like th kid but not sure I'd take him round 1. If he goes in round 1, so be it. But if I take a QB in round 1, it's going to be a trade up for premier QB or grab one of those guys if they fall.
If Hooker hadn't gotten injured, would he be talked about as being one of the better ones? Often, when the rankings are done, they go by the "what have you done lately" principle.

You're right though. Round 2 is a more logical round, but then you lose the 5th year option.

It's the Quincy carter logic (why Jerry took him in round 1). Now someone will laugh and say Carter was a joke. Yes, he was. But he did have talent, just not the will-power to stay away from drugs. Had he been able to, his career might have been a good one, if not a great one.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I need to watch more of HH but the one game I saw him play in full was vs UGA, and he was not very impressive that day and Georgia's defense got absolutely carved up vs LSU and OSU vs the pass. It also is a little concerning in that the guy that replaced Hooker when he tore his ACL played as good (some might say even better). Now that could be because the backup is really talented, or it might be Josh Heupel's system. He also just turned 25.

That said, Hooker has size and a pretty live arm, appears to be pretty smart and was not a 1 yr wonder (his 2021 season was also outstanding).

I think at his age and considering he is almost 100% not going to play this year, getting him on a 5yr deal (essentially 6 if you count the franchise tag) is important. If they ended up going that route, moving down a few spots to the end of the round, still taking him and adding a 3rd or something else wouldn't be a bad idea.

I need to watch more of Stanford's Tanner McKee's, but I think the same scenario applies to him too. Taking him in the 1st and controlling him for 5 (or likely 6) years makes some sense. I just don't know if this organization has that kind of foresight. They are a good team and adding a really good skill player (or starting OL/CB) at 26 is also something that makes sense.
Yes, the more logical route is to take an OT/CB.

My problem is that I don't like Dak as a QB. And, in general, I don't like this nonsense of paying the QB so much more relative to every other player.

There must be a better system that someone can design.

Oh, and Troy is right. Take the skirts off the QBs."OMG, Mahomes is so good. How does he do it?" Let him get rocked the way Roger Staubach did, instead of calling a 15 yard penalty for barely touching him and see how good he is.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's the Quincy carter logic (why Jerry took him in round 1). Now someone will laugh and say Carter was a joke. Yes, he was. But he did have talent, just not the will-power to stay away from drugs. Had he been able to, his career might have been a good one, if not a great one.
Carter was picked towards the end of the 2nd round. He had really good FR and SO seasons before playing poorly as a Junior (he had a 5 pick game vs S Carolina). Everyone here in Athens knew by then the kid had issues off the field and we drafted him anyway.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're right though. Round 2 is a more logical round, but then you lose the 5th year option.

If you've found the "one," he'll never see the 5th year and he'll be extended. And as Dbair mentioned, QC was taken in the 2nd. No biggie and I see your point.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If you've found the "one," he'll never see the 5th year and he'll be extended. And as Dbair mentioned, QC was taken in the 2nd. No biggie and I see your point.
I could have sworn Quincy was taken in round 1 for the 5th year option. Hmm, who am I thinking of then. Oh well, as time passes everything sort of bleeds together.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I could have sworn Quincy was taken in round 1 for the 5th year option. Hmm, who am I thinking of then. Oh well, as time passes everything sort of bleeds together.
The 5th yr option thing wasn't around in 2001, rookie contracts were redone recently (maybe part of last CBA).

Holdouts with rookies used to happen every yr, but since the new deal was put in pace it pretty much eliminated it and replaced it with "slotting"

Quincy was the 53rd pick of the draft that year and we took safety Tony Dixon a few picks after that. We didnt have a 1st rd pick as that was sent to Seattle as part of the Joey Galloway trade the prior year.

Last edited:

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The 5th yr option thing wasn't around in 2001, rookie contracts were redone recently (maybe part of last CBA).

Holdouts with rookies used to happen every yr, but since the new deal was put in pace it pretty much eliminated it and replaced it with "slotting"

Quincy was the 53rd pick of the draft that year, we rookie safety Tony Dixon a few picks after that. We didnt have a 1st rd pick as that was sent to Seattle as part of the Joey Galloway trade the prior year.
Yeah, you're right. But somehow I've had a story in my head that Jerry took Quincy early to have him under contract longer. Clearly that is wrong, but I somehow thought that. I must have conflated Quincy with someone else.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right. But somehow I've had a story in my head that Jerry took Quincy early to have him under contract longer. Clearly that is wrong, but I somehow thought that. I must have conflated Quincy with someone else.
Jerruh was all giddy and said "we just drafted our Donovan McNabb" with Q Bong

After his Freshman yr, many did expect Q Bong would develop into a 1st rd pick type of QB, his SOPH season was pretty good but there were murmurs already starting about his drug problems. His JR was a complete disaster.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just farting around while watching TV and playing with a Mock simulator https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

I traded back, I think twice and took 3 QBs, LOL. I don't understand why teams that need a QB don't take more than one. Mike Shannahan did it, and he hit on KIrk Cousins, bombed on RG3. They should have traded RG3 while people still thought he was good.

After Sean Tucker, I didn't put much thought into it. Yeah, I'm missing positions, but that's what FA is for😂. Sign Jalen Ramsey!

56. Hendon Hooker
QB Tennessee

58. Antonio Johnson
S Texas A&M

88. Mazi Smith
DT Michigan

91. Matthew Bergeron
OT Syracuse

121. Tanner McKee
QB Stanford

129. Sean Tucker
RB Syracuse

130. Sam LaPorta
TE Iowa

163. Jonathan Mingo
WR Ole Miss

170. Zack Kuntz
TE Old Dominion

176. Clayton Tune
QB Houston

212. PJ Mustipher
DT Penn State

246. T.J. Bass
OG Oregon

2024 JAX 5th (from one of the trade backs)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If that Levis cat is still there when our pick comes I hope we grab him. Big brain, big arm.

And yeah I agree, I would load my QB room up with 7 or 8 guys every off-season. One draft pick then 5 or 6 UDFAs. I'd do that to the receiver room too, have ten or 12 of those in camp every year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If that Levis cat is still there when our pick comes I hope we grab him. Big brain, big arm.

And yeah I agree, I would load my QB room up with 7 or 8 guys every off-season. One draft pick then 5 or 6 UDFAs. I'd do that to the receiver room too, have ten or 12 of those in camp every year.
Love Levis but doubt he makes it anywhere near our pick. I really think he'll go in the top-10. He was banged up quite a bit last yr and didnt play on an overly talented team, but he has bigtime ability for sure.

As for 7 or 8 guys at QB, don't think you can justify carrying that many to camp for a number of reasons. One is the roster limit, the other is if you have too many of them there arnt enough reps to see them all and make quality decisions. Lastly, so few UDFA QB's really "make it" that you are just loading up on guys that belong in the XFL or at some insurance company.

I suspect most teams (incl us) bring 10 or so WR's to camp every year. Most teams keep 5, 6 or 7 so you can justify it.

Top Bottom