dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wonder if he made that reference thinking about CJ Stroud (after that story about how low a score he got on it).

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Only 17 players will be at the draft Thursday night. Pretty sure this is by far the fewest ever.

Shows that the league is getting no consensus on who will be picked in the first round, and they are apparently adamant about not having that not so good TV moment of guys never hearing their name called on live TV.

One of the guys on the list is a surprise though, Keion White of Ga Tech. Had not seen him getting much mention at all as a 1st (even later in 1st) yet he's apparently attending.

• USC WR Jordan Addison
  • Alabama EDGE Will Anderson
  • Alabama S Brian Branch
  • Georgia DT Jalen Carter
  • Boston College WR Zay Flowers
  • Oregon CB Christian Gonzalez
  • Ohio State OT Paris Johnson
  • Kentucky QB Will Levis
  • Penn State CB Joey Porter Jr.
  • Florida QB Anthony Richardson
  • Texas RB Bijan Robinson
  • Ohio State WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba
  • Ohio State QB C.J. Stroud
  • Georgia Tech DL Keion White
  • Texas Tech EDGE Tyree Wilson
  • Illinois CB Devon Witherspoon
  • Alabama QB Bryce Young

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Interesting comments on Dabo & Clemson. Sounds very similar to the way the Jones have done things forever.

It comes up every year in probably every draft room. Say hello to the Clemson Curse.

For all the success Clemson football has enjoyed for decades, NFL teams often haven’t benefited. The only reason this story is being written stemmed from the fact that three scouts, without solicitation, brought up the stigma associated with players from Clemson.

“I’m really biased here because I’ve scouted a bunch of busts at this school,” a seasoned evaluator said. “But that Clemson helmet scares the **** out of me on the defensive line. Enough of us have been burned over the years. You’re forever on guard.”

In my poll asking 17 scouts which edge rusher had the best chance to bust, one personnel director picked Myles Murphy. Asked why, he replied, “You know. Clemson.”

...Everyone has a history with Clemson players. In my 40-plus years covering the Packers, the only other Tigers they drafted were defensive tackle Donnell Washington (third round, 2004) and wide receiver Amari Rodgers (third round, 2021). Coach-GM Mike Sherman drafted Washington, who was so bad he never played in a regular-season game. GM Brian Gutekunst drafted Rodgers, who was so bad he was cut after 1 ½ seasons and almost zero production.

“I trust you get what I am trying to say,” Wolf concluded. “If one is interested in a player from Clemson, you best do your due diligence.”

He added: “Interesting they only have one player in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Brian Dawkins. But that (DeAndre) Hopkins kid that plays for the Cardinals is, in my opinion, an elite player and will eventually end up in the Hall.”

The timing is appropriate for an examination because Clemson might be ready to have three players drafted in the first round Thursday. Defensive lineman Bryan Bresee, linebacker Trenton Simpson and Murphy have some things in common.

They all were 5-star recruits in 2020, but not just any old 5-stars. Bresee was the No. 1 defensive tackle prospect (and No. 1 overall player) in that recruiting class, Murphy was the No. 1 strong-side defensive end (and No. 7 player overall) and Simpson was the No. 1 outside linebacker (and No. 26 player
overall).

One personnel chief was quick to link the three. “Every defender at Clemson this year has got a soft label to him,” he said. “That’s just the way Dabo (Swinney) runs that program. That’s part of the monster you’ve got to live with. It’s the D-line, the O-line, it’s a lot.”

...“Dabo’s the worst,” said one scout. “You go to pro day and he talks about everyone on the team as if they’re the next great NFL player. It’s, like, c’mon, man. He talks about the fifth-year senior that hasn’t played and he’s talking about he should be a starter in the NFL.

“He’s so full of ****. That whole culture says a lot about a team and the players. Pampering players, making excuses for them, enabling certain things with players.”

...My poll of 17 scouts asked them to pick their top five edge rushers on a 1-2-3-4-5 basis. It was a runaway for Will Anderson, who captured 15 first-place votes and totaled 82 points.

Following Anderson, in order, were Tyree Wilson (54, one), Myles Murphy (33), Lukas Van Ness (29), Will McDonald (19, one), Nolan Smith (16), Isaiah Foskey (seven), BJ Ojulari (four), Derick Hall (three), D.J. Johnson (three), Viliami Fehoko (two), Tavius Robinson (one), Tuli Tuipulotu (one) and Byron Young (one).

“There isn’t a dominant guy,” a personnel director said of the edge-rusher group as a whole. “It’s not bad. Not great.”

When the 17 scouts were asked to pick the best pass rusher in the draft, the vote was: Anderson, 10; McDonald, three; Jalen Carter, two, and two players, Calijah Kancey and Wilson, each with one.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
More from McGinn on pass rushers. McDonald is someone Quinn reportedly loves.

1. WILL ANDERSON, Alabama (6-3 ½, 253, 4.64, 1): Third-year junior. “He’s special,” one scout said. “In the Iron Bowl against Auburn a year ago he made the first six plays of the game, and four of them were away from him — either at the line of scrimmage or behind. He plays fast and quick. He’s one of those kids, he sees through blockers two steps ahead of time. He knows where the ball’s going and he gets there because he is full speed.” One of the most decorated defensive players in college football history. “I’d play him like Khalil Mack,” said a second scout. “He’ll be a Pro Bowl player. He’s blue chip.” Arms were 33 7/8 inches, hands were 9 7/8 inches. “The composition of who he is too good (to bust),” a third scout said. “Depending on how high he goes he might not meet expectations, but I don’t think he’s going to fail. He’s going to lead. He’s going to be a great addition. Maybe a better version of Chris Long. Clay Matthews was different in terms of being a looser athlete. They’ll have some similar production.” Started 41 of 41 games, finishing with 205 tackles (62 for loss) and 34 ½ sacks. “He’s long, physical, high motor,” a fourth scout said. “Hehas a little stiffness which those guys (Myles Garrett, Von Miller) didn’t. Aware, strong, three-down player. About the same size as Clay (Matthews). You just love the effort. Yet he’s a little tight, not sexy or flashy but a very good player. Kind of T.J. Wattish.” Scored 15 on the Wonderlic test. “I don’t see much upside there,” a fifth scout said. “I thought he was a momentum rusher. He looked fantastic on twists and stunts and loops where he can get going. But to say he’s just going to straight edge rush and beat offensive tackles of NFL caliber, I think he’s going to get blocked. The one game he went against an NFL tackle (Tennessee’s Darnell Wright), he got shut out. Stymied. Velcro’d. I think he’s got to be a guy that goes against some fullbacks, tight ends and then stunts to the inside. He’s not going to bomb. But, wow, is he Chase Young, Joey Bosa, Myles Garrett? No. Clay Matthews had more twitch and quickness than him. What was Clay? Eighteen or 20 (No. 25)? Yet, that’s the guys we’re comparing him to. Yet, he’s going to go third or fourth. Terrible draft.” From Hampton, Ga.

3. LUKAS VAN NESS, Iowa (6-5, 275, 4.62, 1): Third-year sophomore. Redshirted in 2020 as a 3-star recruit, then played 27 games without a start as coach Kirk Ferentz kept seniors in the lineup. “Played up and down the line,” one scout said. “This guy is all ball. All A-plus across the board. He is raw. He will take some time. He’s got some traits like J.J. Watt had.” Largest hands (11) of the group. Arms were 34. “He’s in the mix of like a Grant Wistrom,” said a second scout. “He’s certainly more gifted than Aaron Kampman. In the (Kyle) Vanden Bosch and Patrick Kerney mold where you’ll get a day’s work out of him. His value is he can probably play anywhere across a 3-4 or 4-3 except for pure nose. You can stick him inside in sub. He’s a little bit straight line. What he does have is strong hands. How do you take a guy (high) who’s never started a game?” Posted 20 on the Wonderlic. “His game is sound,” a third scout said. “It’s based on strength and physicalness more than finesse and athleticism. He features a lot of inside hands slipping and escaping. Very fundamental against the run. Very good point-of-attack and area defender. Excellent timing with his shed. Average twitch. He’s a model prisoner, too, and that’s why I’m surprised he departed after two years (of playing).” Finished with 71 tackles (19 ½ for loss) and 13 ½ sacks. Never forced a fumble. “The (not starting) is just the way Iowa does it,” said a fourth scout. “Part of that, too, is they knew what they had in him and they didn’t want him to start this year thinking he’d come back. They won’t ever admit that but it has to be. It’s not like he wasn’t playing. He still played 50 snaps a game.” From Barrington, Ill. “I don’t see a twitchy enough guy to play on the edge and be disruptive,” said a fifth scout. “He’s got some pushback ability but he doesn’t have like knockback ability so I worry about him inside and if he’s truly explosive enough to come off the ball and rock people. It’s more like he gets into guys and pushes them. There wasn’t a lot of difference between doing him and Ryan Nelson (fourth round, Tampa Bay, 2019).”

5 WILL McDONALD, Iowa State (6-3 ½, 245, 4.74, 1): Might have clinched a berth in Round 1 with a boffo performance at pro day. “The workout was f--king phenomenal,” said one scout. “Bending, just the way he gains ground. With the athleticism, I see him getting drafted higher than he should. I’m rooting for him wherever he goes. He’s just a different bird, an interesting cat.” Played basketball early in high school but never tried football until his junior year. “He’s the wild card in this whole thing,” said a second scout. “He has want and will. He’s determined to be really good. There’s something there with this guy that leads me to believe he’s going to be really good. Great kid. He’ll be up to 255 sooner than later.” His pro day included position bests in the broad jump (11-0) and 3-cone (6.95). “His bend is the best there is, or as good as it can be,” a third scout said. “He can move his body in ways that nobody else can. Awesome athlete. Initially, he’s going to be a designated pass rusher. He’s got a ways to go to be effective in the run game. He’s just not that strong and it doesn’t come naturally to him against the run.” Long arms (34 7/8), hands were 9 ½. “He’s going to be a double-digit sack guy as a rookie,” a fourth scout said. “They played him like a 4i (technique) where he was always tight on the tackle. They never let him get out wide and just let him rip. His get-off is ridiculous. He was a 6-9 high jumper in high school. There’s some stuff in his background, a really rough background. But he has crushed the interviews.” Some teams are concerned about his Wonderlic score of 8. “As talented as he is, is he mature enough to handle the NFL and what’s going to be asked of him Monday through Friday?” said a fifth scout. Finished with 123 tackles (42 for loss) and 34 sacks. “Will’s biggest thing will be his weight,” said a sixth scout. “Can he put on enough weight to be a true defensive end and play the run? Natural pass rushers are hard to find that have that explosiveness off the ball and the ability to bend the edge and close. He’s got all that and more.” From Pewaukee, Wis.

9. BJ OJULARI, Louisiana State (6-2 ½, 251, no 40, 2-3): His brother, Azeez (6-2, 245, 4.62) was the 50th player drafted in 2021 out of Georgia. For the Giants, he has 13 ½ sacks in 24 games, including 18 starts. “He’s better than his brother,” said one scout. “He might be the most natural pass rusher of the group. Played in a 2- and 3-point stance. He’s the one guy that can rush the passer and play against the run and drop off and play in space.” Third-year junior with long arms (34 ¼) and large hands (10 ½). “I compared him to Dorance Armstrong from 2018,” a second scout said. “More polished than the other guys. Had more savvy. Good strength. I’ll say he goes 45 to 60.” Finished with 129 tackles (25 for loss) and 16 ½ sacks. “More of a guesser than a fundamental type player,” said a third scout. “He believes in his athleticism. Sometimes guys have been able to make plays even though they’re out of position. They’ll gamble. He’s got a little of that. Misses a lot of tackles. Exceptional stop-and-go quickness. He will also drop. Relies on great getoff and speed to outrun blockers.” Wonderlic of 20. From Marietta, Ga.

15. YAYA DIABY, Louisville (6-3 ½, 263, 4.57, 4): Unrecruited out of high school, he worked at an airport in 2017 and then walked on at a junior college and played two seasons. Three-year starter at DE in a three-man front. “Looks the part,” one scout said. “Put him and Harrison together getting off the bus and it’d be (for the opponent), ‘We’re going to get our *** kicked today.’ They played him all up and down the line, mostly as a 5-technique. He’s a tweener, a nonfactor. Not really athletic enough for the edge and not big or strong enough for inside. The length (33 7/8 arm) is intriguing. He has short-area athletic ability.” Finished with 94 tackles (19 ½ for loss) and 10 ½ sacks. “Tested off the charts,” said another scout. “He’s not an edge rusher. He was used a lot there at Louisville. More of an inside player. His 10 time (1.54) was ridiculous for a guy his size. He’s developmental, but it’s really hard to find those guys with that arm length and that getoff. He’s probably a year or two away.” From Atlanta.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
will anderson would be a scary pick for me if i needed an EDGE player and i was drafting top 5-10

Bama doesnt really produce edge players... they have solid interior DL guys, traditional every down DE's... but not dynamic pass rushers

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
will anderson would be a scary pick for me if i needed an EDGE player and i was drafting top 5-10

Bama doesnt really produce edge players... they have solid interior DL guys, traditional every down DE's... but not dynamic pass rushers
I think he's a good player, I'm not sure he's a guy who take over games or that offensive coordinators have nightmares about.

Probably a solid player and will do all the right things. Safe pick, but not sure he will ever be a game wrecker.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think he's a good player, I'm not sure he's a guy who take over games or that offensive coordinators have nightmares about.

Probably a solid player and will do all the right things. Safe pick, but not sure he will ever be a game wrecker.
anderson is supposed to be the 1st or 2nd defnsive player selected in the whole draft

that sucks if you're only getting 'safe' production from EDGE

your EDGE guy should fuck shit up for you, ala what micah has done for DAL's defense... but i guess DAL is spoiled in that department.... maybe a team would be happy w/ dante fowler production from their rookie in their 1st season? 6 sacks and a bunch of presures.

thats always been a thing w/ Bama players too. they're so well-coached, rode hard, and put away wet... they look great in college but dont always translate in NFL

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
McGinn on the LB class:

..“Nobody cares about size anymore,” a veteran personnel man said. “If you can’t run, forget it.”

This class of inside linebackers largely bears that out. Eight of the top 10 at the position, on average, stand 6-1 ¾, weigh 230.7 pounds and run the 40-yard dash in 4.57 seconds.

...Two of the top-10 prospects this year stand out because of their old-school size and surprising speed. Iowa’s Jack Campbell (6-4 ½, 251) and Oregon’s Noah Sewell (6-1 ½, 247) each ran the 40 in 4.71 seconds. They also combined to start 58 games and record 520 tackles as leaders of their defenses.

...Sixteen personnel men were asked to rank the linebackers on a 1-2-3-4-5 basis, with a first-place vote worth 5 points, a second-place vote worth 4 and so on. Campbell emerged as the winner but it wasn’t by much.

Campbell finished with five first-place votes and 50 points for a narrow margin over Drew Sanders (48, six) and Trenton Simpson (44, three). Next were DeMarvion Overshown (25), Daiyan Henley (22, one), Sewell (19, one), Harry To’oTo’o (16), Dorian Williams (seven), Owen Pappoe (four), Cam Jones (three) and Jeremy Banks (two).

...Weighing 249 at the combine, Campbell turned some of his doubters into believers with clockings of 7.24 in the short shuttle and 6.74 in the 3-cone. None of the other linebackers could beat him, and his 3-cone time was particularly outstanding.

“He tested out of this world,” one evaluator said. “His 3-cone and short shuttle blew everybody out of the water at that position by a lot.”

Sewell wasn’t as fast (4.37, 7.28), but those shuttle times at least ranked in the middle of the pack.

...“I’ll be pissed if Campbell doesn’t go in the first round,” one scout said. “If Tremaine Edmunds goes that kid should go. He’s Brian Urlacher.”

LINEBACKERS
1. JACK CAMPBELL, Iowa (6-4 ½, 251, 4.71, 1-2): Two-year starter, four-year player. “He’s big, tall and physical in the run game,” one scout said. “What separates him is his feel for the game. He’s got great instincts and he makes plays. He is a (green dot) in a second.” FBS leader in tackles (143) in 2021. Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and William V. Campbell Trophy (the academic Heisman) winner in 2022. “He was all over the place in that Ohio State game,” a second scout said. “That defense played amazingly well and he was a major reason why. He’s playing middle read and the guy (receiver) was there and he picked the ball off. You talk about a green dot (defensive signal-caller), this guy will have the green dot immediately.” Finished with 305 tackles (13 ½ for loss), 15 passes defensed and five interceptions. “He’s going to play for a long time,” a third scout said. “The speed surprised me; I thought he’d run like a 4.8 something. But he is a football player. In the 1970s, he would have been (great). I don’t think he’s more than a two-down player because he does not run well enough in space. With the game being the way it is today this guy’s going to struggle. He’s extremely instinctive and he tackles well.” Scored 24 on the Wonderlic test. “Best between the tackles, green-dot type of guy,” said a fourth scout. “Concerns I guess would be matchup situations in the pass game, but I think you can kind of cover him up so he’s not exposed that long. He is athletic. He tested well. He ran fast enough. I wish he’d just attack the line of scrimmage and was in the backfield more for a guy that big. He was more timid and waited for guys to come to him, which is fine because I think that’s what he was asked to do. I just wish he blew more **** up.” Arms were 31 7/8 inches, hands were 10 ¼ inches. “I like him but I don’t love him,” a fifth scout said. “He’s a big body, strong, very smart, high football IQ. I just didn’t love his overall athletic ability and his top-end speed.” From Cedar Falls, Iowa. “Typical Iowa linebacker: try-hard and limited,” a sixth scout said. “Gives you his all. He’s similar to that (Denver’s Josey Jewell) but he’s bigger. Same kind of guy. Overachieving, tough, try-hard guy. Because of what’s out there everybody’s elevating him. He is what he is.”

2. DREW SANDERS, Arkansas (6-4 ½, 236, 4.65, 1-2): A 5-star recruit, he played 52 snaps as a freshman at Alabama. In 2021, he became a starter at OLB early before a thumb injury sidelined him for three games and sent him back to backup status behind freshman Dallas Turner. Played 269 snaps. “They had Will Anderson and Dallas Turner so they came to Sanders and said, ‘Hey, we want you to gain weight, get up to 260 so you can play a 4-technique, 5-technique defensive end,’” one scout said. “He and his dad said, ‘We ain’t doing that.’ So he left.” Transferring to Arkansas, he practiced at first on the outside before the staff decided he’d have the most impact in the middle of the defense. “He missed 22 tackles, with 11 in the first three games,” the scout said. “This was the first time he ever played off the ball. He can make multiple moves off the edge and rush the passer. He’s got a lot of versatility.” In 2022, he had 103 tackles and 9 ½ sacks. “He can rush the passer and was surprisingly athletic in coverage,” a second scout said. “Very good blitzer. Can play the run. He was Anthony Barr-like.” Finished with 136 tackles (16 for loss). “He’s not an edge rusher,” said a third scout. “He’s a linebacker who you blitz. He's really good at blitz timing. He’s an all-around backer you can keep on the field all the time. Really good in all phases. He’ll be a Pro Bowl-type player.” Posted 21 on the Wonderlic. “Very shy by nature,” one scout said. “But you’ve got to get through the shyness. I think first impressions hurt that kid. He knows football and wants to be a player.” A 5-star recruit from Denton, Texas. “I think the guy’s a fraud,” a fourth scout said. “Somebody’s going to overdraft him. Somebody’s going to buy fool’s gold there.”

3. TRENTON SIMPSON, Clemson (6-2 ½, 234, 4.45, 1-2): Third-year junior, 27-game starter. Played both the strong and weak sides in a 4-3 defense. “He’s a testing freak,” one scout said. “He’s a height-weight-speed guy in a height-weight-speed league. The tape is not great.” Pumped 25 reps on the bench to go with a vertical jump of 40 ½ inches and a blazing 40. “This guy is a space linebacker,” said a second scout. “He can just run and go get stuff. Plays hard. He’s tough when he tries to take on but he kind of gets knocked around. He can cover guys. He can run with tight ends easily. He’s not like Quay Walker, who didn’t have any instincts. This guy’s instinctive. Some little guys shy away. He’s not great but he’s got some jolt and pop to him.” Finished with 187 tackles (22 ½ for loss) and 12 ½ sacks. “I questioned his instincts,” a third scout said. “I was, like, ‘Trent, use your eyes. See it, see things.’ But he’s got the athletic ability to do everything.” Former safety. Wonderlic of 11. “He’s still learning the position,” a fourth scout said. “He’s gifted in coverage. His angles to the football in the run game need to be improved. Another Clemson player who has up and down moments and scares the f--k out of me. No way he goes first round.” From Charlotte, N.C.

SCOUTS’ NIGHTMARE
Jeremy Banks, Tennessee: One of the more compelling stories will be watching which team, if any, drafts him. Banks (6-0 ½, 234, 4.57) was in Knoxville for five years, and was a starter in 2021-’22. In August 2019, he reportedly was accused of harassing and threatening a female student. In September 2019, he was stopped by police in Knoxville for making an illegal U-turn. Police then learned there was a warrant out for his arrest for failure to appear on a charge of driving on a suspended license. Police video showed Banks, who was seated in a squad car, telling officers, “Where I’m from we shoot at cops. I’m from Memphis, Tenn.” Also, he said, “Y’all don’t want to see me without that badge.” Also, he said that he “hated cops” and “f--k the police.” Banks was kicked off the team a month later, before he offered an apology and was reinstated in August 2020. One team said Banks had been removed from its draft board. Based on talent, two scouts estimated his value lay in the second round and another said third round. “He’ll hit an 18-wheeler head-on,” said one scout. “But good freaking luck.” Said another scout: “The video is embarrassing … terrible. Unfortunately, this guy can play. Plays fast, just tries to hit people. Out of control a lot. I can’t imagine he interviewed well. He’s just a country-tough, street-talking dude. People can say what they want about the off-the-field, but if you separate it and just watch him as a player, he is a good player.”

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to go the attention whore route and put this up here and in the Cowboys zone.

Players I like for us at various positions, regardless of round selected. I hope we end up with at least 2 or 3 of these this weekend.

QB: Probably isn't worth spending much time on the higher rated guys, none of them are getting to where we are. But I'd love Will Levis for us and CJ Stroud is the best passer in the class. Hendon Hooker is also interesting to me but I expect he will be gone too by our 1st. All 3 have size and arm strength. Of the realistic draft guys for us I still like Tanner McKee probably the most, although Clayton Tune is interesting. I like Stetson Bennett a lot more than Max Duggan. Tyson Bagent is a guy from a tiny school but he has size and arm strength, and was really productive. Might be a 7th rd or UDFA but interesting player.

RB: Obviously Bijan Robinson fits here and would probably be a sure fire probowl caliber player, but odds are we won't get him without trading up. I don't want to see us sacrifice day two picks to move up for him (or anyone else unless its a QB to replace Prescott in 2024 or maybe DT Jalen Carter) but if it was a small move ala Dez Bryant I would be ok. Other RB's I like are Tyjae Spears and Kendre Miller (middle rounds) and Kenny McIntosh after middle round area. Like some others too but these are my favs. I think McIntosh is really underrated.

WR: Not a huge fan of spending a 1st on a WR but we probably do need one at some point. After the 1st rd I like guys like Cedric Tillman and Jonathan Mingo. Josh Downs is smaller but he is really good.

TE: Everyone seems to have us pegged for TE early but I am not sure that's a real lock, but if we end up with Michael Mayer or Darnell Washington early I won't be disappointed. Both are solid players all around and are superior blockers. Really like Tucker Kraft a lot. Luke Schoonmaker comes out of Michigan and Harbaugh knows how to coach TE's and how to use them like the NFL does. Brayden Willis might be more of a H Back/FB tweener but he is really intriguing.

Interior OL: Love Steve Avila for us, watched some of Chandler Zavala and I can see why the Cowboys like him too. Anthony Bradford looks like a solid starting G and if they wait till later rounds the C from Michigan is a really good player Oluwatimi and a guy I think is getting undervalued compared to how he played.

OT: Not sure this is much of a priority but they supposedly love Darnell Wright, and he is really, really good. Looks like a 10 fixture as a probowl RT and might could play LG initially. Later rounds Tyler Steen is interesting to me and has a ton of starting exp in the SEC. Another guy that could play RT or G, and has also played LT some.

DT: This kid Adabawore is a bit of a tweener and might not ever be a regular starting DT (might be a nickel sub pass rush guy who can also play a little at DE) but he is really impressive and had one of the alltime great combine workouts for a guy his size. Really like Keanu Benton and he could be a regular starting DT from day one here. Jacquelin Roy looks like a nice sized DT with regular starting potential as well.

DE/pass rusher: Supposedly Quinn loves Will McDonald and its easy to see why, explosive and very productive. Might be a little small to play DE regularly but having another dominant edge pass rush guy is never a bad thing. Keion White is another guy that could play DE or DT in pass rush situations and was really good in the ACC. I havent seen the Cowboys showing any interest in Army's Andre Carter but he is very interesting to me. Stands out in their games and has major size (6'7), wingspan and is good athletically. They supposedly like Bryan Young as well but where they'd have to take him (probably 2nd rd) seems high to me.

LB: The two guys we see mentioned a lot Henley and Overshown are both high upside guys who would seem to be ideal fits for our defense. I can't see them taking Jack Campbell but he's a healthier LVE that still has upside, would be a high IQ guy that would pair well with Parsons. To'o To'o from Alabama also seems like a really instinctive and athletic scheme fit, high intelligence guy that has been coached exceptionally well.

CB: Like others, I love Forbes but understand the concern over his weight, but he is a lights out player with crazy good ball skills (like Diggs). CB is a sneaky need because Diggs has to get a mega extension done, Gilmore is probably a 1yr rental and Bland is just entering his 2nd yr, and there's no depth behind those 3. Like Cam Smith a good bit. Julius Brents and Darius Rush look like guys Quinn wants at CB to me.

S: Not really enamored with any of them much. They supposedly love Brian Branch and he has gotten great coaching and expe at Alabama. I didnt know anything about Marte Mapu so I watched some of his video stuff and he stands out on the clips. Could be a nickel LB or safety, seems like a faster version of Jayron Kearse to me.

PK: I think they'll draft Jake Moody or Chad Ryland, and both are great prospects and would seemingly fix out PK spot for a long time.

Top Bottom