Super Moderator
Reaction score
i saw that mike munchak is considering returning to coaching

why not get this guy in DAL ???

no clue if he would come to work here but he is a very very very good OL coach

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Schefter reporting Jim Hardball has agreed to coach the Chargers. Hmm I wonder if Helen Keller Moore will be looking for a new job? Hardball gonna want his own people.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Chris Farley Reaction Gif

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
this is the guy i wouldve wanted as HC
I'd want Hardball if only for his intimate knowledge of college players tons of which he's recruited. His personnel knowledge for the next four drafts, you can't put a price on that. It's why Jimmy was such a a great draft artist. Chargers gonna be a superpower for about a decade.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd want Hardball if only for his intimate knowledge of college players tons of which he's recruited. His personnel knowledge for the next four drafts, you can't put a price on that. It's why Jimmy was such a a great draft artist. Chargers gonna be a superpower for about a decade.
We shall see. What you said above you could apply to any number of NCAA coaches who went to the pros (and subsequently failed) however.

The difference with Harbaugh is he did win in San Fran, but he was not making the personnel decisions there either.

Jimmy was the outlier, not the norm.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i dont believe jerry would allow that much influence to seep up through the vents to the upper floors of the star

maybe he would after 3 consecutive 5-win seasons, but not after 3 consecutive 12-win seasons

i would love to see it

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We shall see. What you said above you could apply to any number of NCAA coaches who went to the pros (and subsequently failed) however.

The difference with Harbaugh is he did win in San Fran, but he was not making the personnel decisions there either.

Jimmy was the outlier, not the norm.
I'm talking strictly Jimmy and Hardball. Not any number of others. National Championship winning college coaches. Master talent evaluators and guys who did their own scouting visits. How many of these Unicorns are there?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm talking strictly Jimmy and Hardball. Not any number of others. National Championship winning college coaches. Master talent evaluators and guys who did their own scouting visits. How many of these Unicorns are there?
What evidence do you have that Harbaugh is a master talent evaluator?

Pretty much all ultra successful college coaches look like "master talent evaluators" in college, but just because you are a great recruiter doesnt make you a NFL talent evaluator (as many learned the hard way)

Harbaugh is an excellent football coach and teaches sound fundamentals. He's definitely a winner, but there's no proof he is a "master NFL talent evaluator". Trent Baalke was the GM who acquired most of the talent for San Fran when Harbaugh was there. (and some was the prior GM)

Top Bottom