yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

HORRIBLE call, the NFL sucks these days, too much parity, rarely are their exciting match ups and penalties like this just make me want to quit watching altogether

I think all they care to cater to now are idiots who buy seat licenses, sports bettors, fantasy leagues and the "woke"

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You're drinkin the Kool aid?

Not on our offense, but on our defense, yes.

It’s hard not to

Look what DQ has done. He took what was literally and historically the worst defense in franchise history under Nolan and in one year turned what appeared to be a rag tag bunch of no name misfits into one of the best defenses who then lead the league in numerous statistics.

He took the same bunch of guys who (under Nolan) couldn’t put one foot in front of the other and DQ has since put each player in the best positions to succeed and make plays.

It is now year 2 under DQ and the defense is just getting better.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not on our offense, but on our defense, yes.

It’s hard not to

Look what DQ has done. He took what was literally and historically the worst defense in franchise history under Nolan and in one year turned what appeared to be a rag tag bunch of no name misfits into one of the best defenses who then lead the league in numerous statistics.

He took the same bunch of guys who (under Nolan) couldn’t put one foot in front of the other and DQ has since put each player in the best positions to succeed and make plays.

It is now year 2 under DQ and the defense is just getting better.
It's not hard to improve on total ineptitude to the point where it appears genius. And no, it ain't the same guys. Lots of roster changes had to happen for us to get a halfway decent D. Parsons arrival coincided with Quinn's, also.

You'll wake up when you see better teams hang 40 on us. We haven't played anybody. Haven't been truly tested. Have been lucky to catch last year's conference champs weakened.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
HORRIBLE call, the NFL sucks these days, too much parity, rarely are their exciting match ups and penalties like this just make me want to quit watching altogether

I think all they care to cater to now are idiots who buy seat licenses, sports bettors, fantasy leagues and the "woke"
Everyone is rightfully discussing the Grady Jarrett and Chris Jones call, but the roughing the passer on our guy (Fowler I believe) was equally as lame.

Its pathetic.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It's not hard to improve on total ineptitude to the point where it appears genius. And no, it ain't the same guys. Lots of roster changes had to happen for us to get a halfway decent D. Parsons arrival coincided with Quinn's, also.

You'll wake up when you see better teams hang 40 on us. We haven't played anybody. Haven't been truly tested. Have been lucky to catch last year's conference champs weakened.
I agree with your first half, not sure on your second prediction and it isnt the only time you've mentioned it in this thread.

Unless the offense has a bunch of turnovers I don't think anyone is scoring 40 pts on this defense.

The defense is good and getting better.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I agree with your first half, not sure on your second prediction and it isnt the only time you've mentioned it in this thread.

Unless the offense has a bunch of turnovers I don't think anyone is scoring 40 pts on this defense.

The defense is good and getting better.
You gotta at least admit it's not been truly tested as yet. Might be a stern test Sunday night although I'm not buying the eagle hype either. It's a gadget offense designed around a gadget QB.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
FRACTION of the cost of either Gregory or Von Miller.

And just as, if not more productive so far.
Iddin at something close to what you and I were saying when most others were lamenting the loss of non productive players like Gregory?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Teams go into hurry-up any time he's not out there because it keeps us from subbing him back in.

No idea why we ever take him out of the game though. Trying to be cute with different "packages" it's stupid. Just keep the shit simple.
He plays a lot of DE and gets beat up physically pretty good. He needs a breather every once in a awhile.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bloody freakin hell Diggs...
Not sure which play this was in reference to but the guy had perfect coverage on both the plays he gave up. It took literally a perfect throw and two great catches for them to make those two plays.

Dude is easily one of the best 3 or 4 CB's in football, it isn't even debatable anymore. We're lucky to have him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He plays a lot of DE and gets beat up physically pretty good. He needs a breather every once in a awhile.
Didn't take opponents long to watch for the breathers and go into hurry-up to keep 11 off the field.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You gotta at least admit it's not been truly tested as yet. Might be a stern test Sunday night although I'm not buying the eagle hype either. It's a gadget offense designed around a gadget QB.
Clearly some of these teams arnt clicking on all cylinders yet, but we are doing some stuff that nobody else is doing and right now have an accomplishment defensively that we havent seen in 50 years (despite a a bunch of great defensive teams).

They still need to tighten up a couple things but they look legit to me. It's not easy to play defense in todays pussified league with all the rules favoring the offense.

In the past, just playing legit bigtime QB's has been total kryptonite for this defense. This year we've faced, Brady, Burrow and Stafford and those guys managed all of three tds.

Top Bottom