Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Pissburg gots they guy. Proved it last week in the cold and just now did the impossible TD drive in Biltmoar.
I'm not where you are with him yet, but for the first time this season I can see the possibility.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Apparently there's a whole thread of Vikings fans talking about this on Redditt... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm not where you are with him yet, but for the first time this season I can see the possibility.
Ppl might misunderstand where I am with him. I'm not saying he's anything special or great. I'm saying Pissburg has THEIR quarterback. For THEM and what they want to do. Pickett's more than adequate for that and is a huge upgrade over physically shot and very expensive Rapistburger. They have a capable cat on a rookie deal and can spend elsewhere now.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Apparently there's a whole thread of Vikings fans talking about this on Redditt... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
We had an opponent who would water their field and not mow it, for the entire week before our visit. We were in a conference that played home and home 2-game series with the other members. Our field was fast, we kept it mowed like a golf green. Because we ran the split T offense which relies on timing precision and speed.

At home we'd smoke 'em, stuff like 36-6 but at their place in the tall wet grass and mud, we'd get out of there winning 8-6, or 6-0. Or some such. We'd still beat 'em but they'd make it ugly with the field conditions.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ppl might misunderstand where I am with him. I'm not saying he's anything special or great. I'm saying Pissburg has THEIR quarterback. For THEM and what they want to do. Pickett's more than adequate for that and is a huge upgrade over physically shot and very expensive Rapistburger. They have a capable cat on a rookie deal and can spend elsewhere now.
Well yeah Dooms.

They just drafted the guy in the 1st rd and have been starting him this year, so its pretty likely he's "their guy" at least for a little bit of time.

He'd have to be pretty bad for them to give up on him in a year or two, but it does happen. Look at the Jets.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah ok Dan. You guys made some 3rd string career journeymen (who had been on this new team for 8 whole days) surrounded by a bunch of backups look like a competent offense. Had their receivers not dropped 4 or 5 perfect throws when they were WIDE OPEN we'd have probably blown this game too.

Meanwhile a week after we couldn't do anything with Gardner Minshew or the Eagles offense they get absolutely destroyed at home by the Saints defense.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i know that the gameday thread starts on thursdays but i am going to start complaining about starting the gameday thread today which is tuesday january 3rd on the year of our lord and savior 2023 so please tell me why is everyone so lazy to start the gameday thread

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Of course you do Jerry. A home playoff game and a loss is perfectly ok. Notice he didn't say "I want a championship" or "I want postseason success"

He just "wants a home playoff game", and we all know why.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Vegas line for Giants/Eagles has moved to 14, they seem to firmly believe Hurts is playing and NYG is going to rest starters or remove them very early from the game.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
tap the brakes. he still gave up a lot of catches/yards in that game.
I hate when it TV idiots or idiots in general say "great coverage" just because there's a defender in the shot. No effect on the play he's just a spectator.

Top Bottom