dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is long, but it's very educational and you can see why we have the problems we have some weeks.

There is a little of it that is scheme, but you are not going to have the correct play schemed 100% of the time. The majority of the problem is the guy making the decision where to go with the ball.

Kurt Warner was not the most physically gifted guy (in fact it was the opposite) but when you watch him breakdown game film you can see why he was so incredibly successful. He's VERY smart.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Sure seems like it to me, seems most of his passes are low, high or behind, it seems the exception and not the norm when he hits a receiver in stride.

Its strange because you would think accuracy is something that can be improved with repetition, I remember stories of how hard Romo worked on his accuracy back in the day

Love Dak to death, butwish he could conquer his accuracy and anticipation issues (and if this is an accurate statement coming from a couch potato like me, how glaring must it be for coaches with decades of experience?)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Interesting, sounds like Tyron will get at least some snaps at RT (which he did play as a rookie).

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Seasissies in their dayglow yellagreen jerseys tonight while the fairy-niners sport all white with shadowbox numbers, 90s throwback.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I worry about our secondary

Trevor Lawrence is gonna hit deep and expose us.

Micah hasn’t been productive for a few games. I fear he has some lingering issue that isn’t making it to the injury reports.

Jags by 3

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I watched a lot of clips of this guy and do remember him from Clemson. Gotta say I am a little surprised he was just out and out released. Maybe there's some off field or personal life stuff going on that we don't know about but his game clips are pretty good. Makes a lot of plays on the ball.

His first two seasons he recorded 24 passes defensed (10 & 14) picked off 3 passes and made close to 120 tackles. Was injured some his 3rd yr but had similar numbers in the 5 starts he made. Supposedly Oakland traded him to Cards because they were changing schemes but I have no idea why the Cards didnt like him. Maybe Mullen hated it there or something. 28 passes defensed in 31 starts is really solid.
Didn't make a lot of sense to me either. Hopefully we're about to benefit off their mistake.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
14-3 at the half. SF leads.
21-3...on the road, without arguably their best player and a 3rd string QB.

I hate it, but they are better than us by quite a bit.

PS- on the positive side, that ridiculous deal they did for Trey Lance looks more and more stupid every day now. If he had not gotten hurt, they'd be an afterthought this year. They traded three 1sts and a 3rd to get Lance and this kid picked at the end of the draft is eons better than him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
21-3...on the road, without arguably their best player and a 3rd string QB.

I hate it, but they are better than us by quite a bit.

PS- on the positive side, that ridiculous deal they did for Trey Lance looks more and more stupid every day now. If he had not gotten hurt, they'd be an afterthought this year. They traded three 1sts and a 3rd to get Lance and this kid picked at the end of the draft is eons better than him.
They can't admit they were wrong either. Fucken move on from mistakes. But they won't, next year they'll trot him back out there as the starter.

They've been lucky with QB injuries. The real stinker keeps getting hurt and so does JimmyG.

But their D... Far superior to ours. Blazing speed and quickness at every position. They fly to the ball.

Top team in the NFC.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yep, no comparison to how much more solid they are than us on defense.
Plus they're disciplined. They don't overrun plays, they don't get caught out of position, they don't make mental mistakes in coverage... They hardly ever have bonehead penalties.

Top Bottom