yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
IMO, this is without a doubt the easiest road to the Super Bowl for Dallas since 95'

too bad they'll squander it

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
IMO, this is without a doubt the easiest road to the Super Bowl for Dallas since 95'

too bad they'll squander it
They had a better chance in 2007 when they were easily the best team in the conference and had homefield advantage. The team they lost to in the divisional round they had beaten fairly easy the other two times they played in the season.

It was too bad they had Captain Creampuff as HC to not lay down the law to Romo and the clowns who didn't take it seriously and went off for vacay instead of preparing like they should have.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
It was too bad they had Captain Creampuff as HC to not lay down the law to Romo and the clowns who didn't take it seriously and went off for vacay instead of preparing like they should have.
The NY media found out about it and played it up big before the game, motivating the G-men.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They had a better chance in 2007 when they were easily the best team in the conference and had homefield advantage. The team they lost to in the divisional round they had beaten fairly easy the other two times they played in the season.

I'm referring to the competition, I think the QBs they'd have to face on the NFC side in 07' were much tougher than any currently playing. They may have had a better team(& a squandered bye) but no way was the overall NFC team/QB situation this weak, then again there is Brady but something is off with him or his team this year

I've never seen so many mediocre looking teams, it's the most boing football I've ever watched

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm referring to the competition, I think the QBs they'd have to face on the NFC side in 07' were much tougher than any currently playing. They may have had a better team(& a squandered bye) but no way was the overall NFC team/QB situation this weak, then again there is Brady but something is off with him or his team this year

I've never seen so many mediocre looking teams, it's the most boing football I've ever watched
The quality of football is worse, no doubt.

But they had a loaded team in 2007 and were far better than any other team in the conference. I don't care about the QB situation then and now. There was no excuse for them to lose the way they did. They were poorly prepared and it showed.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Parcells?

Doh, thats right, how could I forget about Wade, it was probably due to the trauma of the experience
Now that you mention him, Parcells coached one of the worst games I have ever seen the prior year vs Seattle.

They (Seahawks) had a completely overmatched secondary and Parcells insisted they call an ultra conservative game plan. They had a probowl QB, a franchise TE and two 1000+ yd WR's and they hardly used it. Seattle was literally using street free agents in many of their defensive snaps (secondary) and we didnt go after them.

Game should have been a blowout, not something that would come down to a shiny ball fumbled field goal snap.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
But they had a loaded team in 2007 and were far better than any other team in the conference. I don't care about the QB situation then and now. There was no excuse for them to lose the way they did. They were poorly prepared and it showed.
no doubt but not my point

I'm merely saying the competition has never been worse in the NFC than now. IMO, its astonishingly mediocre (and I'm being generous) making the road to the super bowl for an NFC team the easiest its ever been which means whoever gets there will probably get smashed by the AFC representative but the Eagles keep proving me wrong so what do I know?

Seems every time I go on a limb regarding the Cowboys or another NFL team, I get it shoved right back up my keister

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Now that you mention him, Parcells coached one of the worst games I have ever seen the prior year vs Seattle.

They (Seahawks) had a completely overmatched secondary and Parcells insisted they call an ultra conservative game plan. They had a probowl QB, a franchise TE and two 1000+ yd WR's and they hardly used it. Seattle was literally using street free agents in many of their defensive snaps (secondary) and we didnt go after them.

Game should have been a blowout, not something that would come down to a shiny ball fumbled field goal snap.

Top Bottom