Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not one to usually embrace momentum, at least not when it comes to the Dallas Cowboys being on the positive end. But holiday week schedules make me do crazy things, so I'm gonna ride with it. Dallas is coming off a 40-3 win that was too large for words, and the Giants couldn't handle business against a bad Detroit team (yes I know there almost always bad, relax). Short and sweet, I think it's going to be an enjoyable turkey day. Cowboys 30 Giants 21.

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
Dallas WILL win their 5th consecutive at home.
They haven't lost at home since its season-opener against Tampa & has won five straight home meetings w/the Gnats.

The Gnats have lost 10 of their last 11 overall matchups against the Boys. But who's keeping score?! 34-9 Dallas

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here are our Turkey Day helmets
5857b4d704af45e4bf97da28facf1983.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Last week was a perfect storm. We were coming off a historic and devastating loss to the Packers while the Vikings were coming off an amazing win over the Bills. Everything just fell into place for us to Shitstomp them.

Now this week the tables are turned. We are coming off a historic and amazing Shitstomping of the Vikings while the Lions are coming off of an embarrassing loss to the Lions.

I don’t like how the stars are aligning for this game. The Gnats are going to come out pissed off with something to prove and we are going to come out high on ourselves.

Plus, we can never string two dominant games back to back.

This has the feeling of an epic Vikings style collapse written all over it

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Last week was a perfect storm. We were coming off a historic and devastating loss to the Packers while the Vikings were coming off an amazing win over the Bills. Everything just fell into place for us to Shitstomp them.

Now this week the tables are turned. We are coming off a historic and amazing Shitstomping of the Vikings while the Lions are coming off of an embarrassing loss to the Lions.

I don’t like how the stars are aligning for this game. The Gnats are going to come out pissed off with something to prove and we are going to come out high on ourselves.

Plus, we can never string two dominant games back to back.

This has the feeling of an epic Vikings style collapse written all over it
They can be pissed all they want, but they are missing a ton of players.

I don't expect us to win 40-3 like we did vs Minny but I think we will win 27-16 or something.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tyler Smith at LG.

Oh my.

I'm looking for the other clip I saw on FacistBook, they have more plays of him there and he looks damn good.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Was studying some stats. 10-11 games into the season now for the league you can start to make some fairly strong assumptions about what teams are (or are not).

1) Very quietly, we have now moved up to 7th in the league in scoring offense at 25.1 pts per game. The first 6 game of the season we scored 110 total pts (5 of those 6 with our backup QB). Philly (who's offensive is "explosive" and "dynamic" is averaging only 1.2 pts per game more than us now.

2) Of the teams ranked in the top-10 in scoring right now, we only play ONE (Philly) the rest of the season.

3) Currently we lead the league in scoring defense, rank 9th in total defense and 1st in passing defense.

4) Of the teams ranked in the top-10 in scoring defense, only two are on our schedule the rest of the season (Philly and Tennessee)

5) We are 3rd in the league in turnover ratio at +7, and are tied for 2nd in fewest giveaways

6) We lead the league in sacks with 42 (4.2 per game, which would work out to 71 on the season. If you spread it over 16 games (which is the way the records were from 1978 until last yr) we'd have 67 sacks. Which would be a franchise record and one of the highest totals during the 16 game era. We still play a number of teams that rank near the bottom of the league in pass protection as well.

7) On the flip side, we are tied for first (FIRST!) in the league in fewest sacks allowed, this despite not playing a single game with our all pro LT so far and his replacement is a guy we drafted to play LG this year.

8) In terms of indv stats, despite that very poor opening night Prescott is now 10th in QB rating (96.2) and his comp % of 67.8% rank 8th. Tony Pollard ranks 11th in total rushing yards and is 3rd in the league RB's in yds per attempt (5.9). Micah Parsons ranks 3rd in sacks with 10. Dorance Armstrong is tied for 15th wit 7.0 sacks, DLaw is right behind him with 6. Donte Fowler is also in the top-40 with 5.0 sacks.

9) Brett Maher is having an awesome season and ranks among the best kickers in the league in accuracy (only 2 misses, and both were very long attempts), long field goals made and touchbacks.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

He's kinda Dorsett sneaky. Dorsett was tough running up the gut, didn't have a reputation for that though. Pollard is tough and so far appears durable, and is nifty and slick when needed.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He's kinda Dorsett sneaky. Dorsett was tough running up the gut, didn't have a reputation for that though. Pollard is tough and so far appears durable, and is nifty and slick when needed.
Yeah he is surprisingly tough between the tackles. He definitely didn't have that rep coming out, in fact its one of the reasons why many scouts were saying he probably would move to WR or slot WR.

Top Bottom