dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I personally like this philosophy, give me 4 guys hungry to stay in the league and get another big contract over a guy that gets paid huge $$ in most cases
I'm not unhappy we signed the guys and like I said, all 4 are definitely quality depth type players. They also signed reasonable contracts that makes them easy to get out of if other guys are better than them. And like you said, none of them got tons of guaranteed money so they have to earn it and potentially get a bigger payday next yr (or in two yrs in Armstrong's case)

That said, they had nearly 30 million in cap space (40 if you count Collins June 1st space) and we still haven' signed a proven starter that we know can help the team. (Gallup signed before free agency started so I am not counting him) Maybe a couple other moves are coming but they really needed to make a couple of good moves and so far they haven't.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I personally like this philosophy, give me 4 guys hungry to stay in the league and get another big contract over a guy that gets paid huge $$ in most cases
Belichick has made a career off these type of moves.

Unfortunately for us though, we don't have Belichick here.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
They had no Plan B for Gregory leaving. That much is obvious.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
e151c729bec54f0247f42d7bf8288240.jpg

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
LOL he wasn't saying that.

When you post stats to prove the production of Armstrong is similar, that's exactly what he was saying. He was saying we'd get the same level of production from Armstrong.

I'm not sure Gregory was worth the money. I didn't buy the idea that he had some type of mental issue or anxiety that caused him to burn weed and fail drug tests. I didn't like the idea of keeping the guy around after numerous failures. That shit is bad for the team and team chemistry if you're trying to build a foundation and structure of accountability. But this is Dallas. We pay losers because they're a good part of the clown show and circus.

I'm glad Gregory shoved it up the Jones's ass. Leave the clowns for the circus and build a fucking football team.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
When you post stats to prove the production of Armstrong is similar, that's exactly what he was saying. He was saying we'd get the same level of production from Armstrong
It was his way of pointing out average joe Dorrance performed better than Kraken all-star Gregory - in even fewer starts! He wasn't trying to say Armstrong=Gregory.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was his way of pointing out average joe Dorrance performed better than Kraken all-star Gregory - in even fewer starts! He wasn't trying to say Armstrong=Gregory.

Ah...OK. So he's saying they have similar stats and can he replace Gregory but Gregory is still the better player? Then why not just say so?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ah...OK. So he's saying they have similar stats and can he replace Gregory but Gregory is still the better player
I saw it as him saying "no great loss" re: Gregory. But yeah agreed, he coulda just said that.

You need to purchase your dbair secret decoder ring from him. $12.99 at his paypal.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dorance Armstrong says hello.....they're the same player. Just ask dbair.
Essentially the same stats.

Except player B doesn't spend his entire day stoned out his head, get stupid penalties in key games or cost 70 million dollars.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
When you post stats to prove the production of Armstrong is similar, that's exactly what he was saying. He was saying we'd get the same level of production from Armstrong.

I'm not sure Gregory was worth the money. I didn't buy the idea that he had some type of mental issue or anxiety that caused him to burn weed and fail drug tests. I didn't like the idea of keeping the guy around after numerous failures. That shit is bad for the team and team chemistry if you're trying to build a foundation and structure of accountability. But this is Dallas. We pay losers because they're a good part of the clown show and circus.

I'm glad Gregory shoved it up the Jones's ass. Leave the clowns for the circus and build a fucking football team.

Dude, you are going Zoner-tard on me now.

I never said Armstrong was as good as Gregory, he certainly isn't the pure talent Gregory is. But the FACT is they did have similar production and granted it could be for a variety of reasons. The numbers don't lie dude, they are what they are. Gregory has always had tremendous amount of ability, but the FACT is he has not consistently stayed on the field, nor has he consistently produced when he has been on the field.

They should not be depending on Armstrong to be the every week starter, but for the contract he got he is a nice rotational piece and spot starter.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ah...OK. So he's saying they have similar stats and can he replace Gregory but Gregory is still the better player? Then why not just say so?

Like I said, you are going Zoner-tard on me.

Where did I ever claim Armstrong could REPLACE Gregory.

The numbers don't say Armstrong is better or even as good as Gregory, but the numbers show Gregory is an underachiever that some want to make out to be a Charles Haley or Demarcus Ware type impact player and he is CLEARLY not that.

Gregory is much more talented than Armstrong, but not 70 million more talented or productive.

Top Bottom