dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And it looks like we actually have a favorable strength of schedule to shit the bed with this season

f8ef593d53ade1c7782a9e723cbffd15.jpg
I dont know why anyone puts any relevance whatsoever in this. Its based on LAST years records and LAST years teams. Teams will improve, teams will get worse, it happens every yr.

And it obviously can't be all that accurate, we have the exact same schedule as NYG, Wash and NYG, except for 3 games. And those three are the first place teams in other divisions.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
blows my mind jeri & spawn repeatedly let themselves get bent over by their players, they rarely have any leverage and when they do, they still cave anyway (see Zekes deal). Its miracle the man made as much money as he has with this mentality
If they cut him because he wont take a pay cut, how are they getting bent over?

In this case I think he's likely over-estimating his new market value. I have no idea what pay cut they asked him to take, but he is not getting anywhere near what he gets today elsewhere IMO. Did they ask to slash half or more? A couple million? Who knows.

Or maybe he just doesn't want to be any longer.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently restructuring Dak’s contract was already built in to the original contract. All the Cowboys have to do is activate it. I can’t remember the amount of money it will free up. I want to say it was in the low teens.
An article I just read said 15 million+ per yr

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Davis is not going to go in the top-5, and I doubt he even goes top-10.

He might go somewhere between 12-20.

I'm a GA homer and love the guy, but he didn't log an incredible amount of plays and he was fairly routinely off the field in pass rush situations. Would certainly be a solid pick in the 20's for sure.
You're right on both counts, got caught up in the moment. Just read a CBS post combine mock that has him going at 13 to Cleveland.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If they cut him because he wont take a pay cut, how are they getting bent over?

they're bending themselves over by never giving the team leverage in the contracts they negotiate but they always pay players like DLaw & rather than appreciating their overpaying ways, DLaw is giving them the middle finger on a pay cut (if reports are true) and imo no other team will over value a player more than jeri & spawn so he'll walk and end up making the same or less that the pay cut they asked for and possible less after taxes and cost of living, move costs, less endorsement ops, etc

I think its safe to say when jeri & spawn give up on you, you've been fully used up or the contract signed was so shitty they backed themselves into a corner they couldnt get out of

Permatilt8

Spectator
Reaction score
Gallup is a decent player but he's far from a #1 and shouldn't get anywhere near that kind of money. I've heard varying reports but I can live with 5 years and 30 million. But I really doubt that's legit.
Hearing a lot closer to 10 mil a year which he is not worth ... it's gonna get ugly lol

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was just announced that we will apply the Franchise Tag to Dalton Shultz at $10.9mils

How fucking horrible. And don't kid yourself, this was done because of the QB's limitations. No one should look at Schultz like he's the best TE in the league. He's a liability in the running game and the dude is a horrendous blocker. He's the kind of player we can replace in the draft.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
How fucking horrible. And don't kid yourself, this was done because of the QB's limitations. No one should look at Schultz like he's the best TE in the league. He's a liability in the running game and the dude is a horrendous blocker. He's the kind of player we can replace in the draft.

This Is 100% correct.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
D Law was asked to restructure his contract. He refused to do so today. Which is what was expected to happen.

Looks like he will be out the door with Cooper.

Restructure or take a pay cut? Not accepting a pay cut is understandable. But not accepting a restructure is unacceptable. No player will take a pay cut if asked.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
These moves are all so bad. This team is going to be lucky to win 9 games next year lol. The Eagles will be taking back control of this division ...
No team has won back-to-back NFCE titles in like forever. Jerry's working hard to keep that streak alive.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Noah Brown was just extended for one year. No details available yet

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Noah Brown was just extended for one year. No details available yet
Need camp bodies. Might get more opps to show what he can do with Cooper likely being traded/released and Wilson likely moving on. Good special teamer but IMO likely kept for now because he was cheap and knows the system.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
These moves are all so bad. This team is going to be lucky to win 9 games next year lol. The Eagles will be taking back control of this division ...

Which moves are so bad?

And the Eagles have far more holes than we do.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Restructure or take a pay cut? Not accepting a pay cut is understandable. But not accepting a restructure is unacceptable. No player will take a pay cut if asked.

He was asked to take a straight pay cut according to the reports I read. They didnt say how much.

Top Bottom