dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

As if there was any way Zoners could look more stupid than they already were, they had 100's of posts today blaming the Joneses for this, when all along it was exactly what many of us suspected.

Nothing was inserted at the last instant, nothing was bait and switched. It was a dumbass player and his dumbass agent that never read the contract. And apparently never read his ORIGINAL contract either, because the same language was put into his rookie deal.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just reposting stats man.

Nothing homer I about them, I didn't make them up.

Only you would think Armstrong and Gregory are anywhere near the same player. I have news for you.....the Cowboys don't feel the same way. DE has just become a position of need even though Armstrong is still on the roster.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Only you would think Armstrong and Gregory are anywhere near the same player
The point I think dbair was making was showing starkly, how underachieving Gregory was in Dallas. We got near identical production out of nobody Armstrong.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Only you would think Armstrong and Gregory are anywhere near the same player. I have news for you.....the Cowboys don't feel the same way. DE has just become a position of need even though Armstrong is still on the roster.
When did I ever say that?

I just posted some stats amigo.

That said, Gregory is a player that had 16.5 sacks in 6 years. He missed two full seasons and parts of a couple others with multiple suspensions. Even in his "big" year of 2021, he managed a whopping 6 sacks. Starting on Halloween he managed all of 2 sacks the rest of the year and was a complete zero in the game against SF.

Like I said, I think it would have been nice to see what he could have done with DLaw and Parsons in a 2nd yr under Quinn, but I am not losing any sleep over a guy who has been a so-so player at best for his career and considering all the missed time, much more trouble than he was ultimately worth. Sometimes the best moves are the ones that don't work out, and I bet in 2-3 years we'll be saying exactly that about this "move"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Putting this here because earlier in the day we were negotiating with this guy and his agent. Looks like he was a decent cover LB and special teamer. But gone now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Armstrong technically isn't here either, I think he is a free agent too.

But there are quite a few other DE's still out there, and the draft has a number of quality options in the early rounds.

I honestly don't think replacing Gregory is gonna be THAT difficult. It's a loss, but it isn't catastrophic.

Top Bottom