dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Almost like, they don't call holding unless there's holding.
Video evidence shows that's clearly not true.

Guys get away with it constantly, and many guys get mysterious phantom holding calls all the time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
On all teams, every game. There's an ART to getting away with it.
Not always, sometimes it appears to be clear picking and choosing of when to call it because you can see some of these where the ref (or refs) are staring right at it and still dont call it.

The same thing happens too much on PI too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No big shocker here, although I am still not convinced Maher is the opening day kicker.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I eagerly await his first missed 30 yarder. Did Greg Z find another job?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not always, sometimes it appears to be clear picking and choosing of when to call it because you can see some of these where the ref (or refs) are staring right at it and still dont call it.

The same thing happens too much on PI too.
You don't know what they're seeing or what they're looking at. Most of the time, neither do they.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
2413d5b7b25e71a6279089a48848610a.jpg
Another HOF career on the cusp of being pissed away.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He signed wit the Jets and won their kicking jo yesterday. The Jets waived their other PK Eddy Pineiro.

Will be interesting to see if Cowboys bring him in for try-out.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He will have to prove it to all of us, but for whatever its worth he did kick pretty well for the Saints last yr. Only missed one FG under 50 yds (16/18 overall)

Dumbfuck Zoners have been talking about how awful he was at PAT's and how "they'll be an adventure again like before" but Maher only missed one PAT for us in two seasons (68/69)

I'm still not 100% convinced he'll be the opening day kicker though.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
just saw this so i dont know if its legit or whats the severity but…

they gotta move tyler smith to LT and fill in at LG right ??? He looks like a stud and iirc he played tackle in college so start the tyron smith succession plan a little early

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't even tell what happened on that play where Tyrone got injured. In any event, the guy hasn't played a full season since 2015 (?)but we keep relying on him to play.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

There's a few washed up free agents out there. My bet is they try and trade for someone now.

Sounds like Smith is out at least the first 4-6 games and maybe til the bye week.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
they gotta move tyler smith to LT and fill in at LG right ??? He looks like a stud and iirc he played tackle in college so start the tyron smith succession plan a little early
At this point it might be a little difficult to expect Tyler Smith to be the every down/every game LT. He had some practice reps there (mainly in OTAs and mini-camp) but has played exclusively at LG in the preseason.

The odd thing to me is the two preseason games Smith started at LG and McGovern at RG (where he admittedly says he is more comfortable) and yet the other day McCarthy claimed if the season started today McGovern would start at LG and Smith would be the backup. Makes zero sense to me.

All that said, T Smith got drafted by us in large part because they felt he could play G or be a long term solution at LT one day. Perhaps one day comes sooner than we thought.

Top Bottom