icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
any good reason why troy aikman shouldnt be president of football operations in DAL ?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
any good reason why troy aikman shouldnt be president of football operations in DAL ?

not "good" but reality:

dJ5u9cC.png

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aikman is spot on and Romo was mentioning open receivers during the broadcast and you can tell he was trying to be nice. He'd say something like "you have to throw the ball here...or now" kind of thing. But he never harped on Dak but I got his point. It's funny because a couple of weeks back when Cooper was vocal we gave him the ball the next game and we were back on track. The following week? Right back to the BS and not looking for your playmakers.

This is the type of stuff I see when I'm critical of Dak. He's just not consistent and teams will play to let Dak beat them and he just can't do it on a regular basis. Certainly not enough to win 4 straight playoff games against quality teams. So we're stuck with being good enough to make the playoffs but we'll never be consistent enough to make noise. Crying shame too because I think the D could have given Rodgers and Stafford some fits.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And Aikman isn't kidding when he said he'd throw Irvin the ball 10 times in the 1st half. They challenged Deion when he was with the 49ers and ate his lunch. Had it not been for a BLATANT holding non-call on Deion, the Cowboys may have come back to win that game (NFC Championship Game).

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This is the type of stuff I see when I'm critical of Dak. He's just not consistent and teams will play to let Dak beat them and he just can't do it on a regular basis
Clearly he's just doing what he's told. Which is much more to Troy's point. The "scheme" is more important than situational football, for our Boy Wonder OC. And our fat feckless slob of a HC just defers to the kids. He's not even a marionette. He does nothing and brings nothing.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Had it not been for a BLATANT holding non-call on Deion, the Cowboys may have come back to win that game (NFC Championship Game).

That was blatant PI, should have been spot of he foul (inside the 10)

Would have probably been a TD without the interference, or at the worst completed short of the GL.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Clearly he's just doing what he's told. Which is much more to Troy's point. The "scheme" is more important than situational football, for our Boy Wonder OC. And our fat feckless slob of a HC just defers to the kids. He's not even a marionette. He does nothing and brings nothing.

If you say so....clearly, Dak's going to bury a lot of bodies before you see the light.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If you say so....clearly, Dak's going to bury a lot of bodies before you see the light.
There's not any light. There's just horrid play calling, nonsensical schemes that don't take into account the actual game situations, and a completely useless head man. Troy has seen the light. It's the coaching, not the player whom we know can and have seen him make every damn throw there is.

They fucking called a QB draw with no timeouts and only 24 seconds left on the clock! Not even Ginger himself would EVER consider anything so fucking stupid! Smell the coffee.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
imagine being a redskins fan and seeing that 3 of the final 4 head coaches remaining in hte NFC playoffs were once assistants on your staff

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
imagine being a redskins fan and seeing that 3 of the final 4 head coaches remaining in hte NFC playoffs were once assistants on your staff

they might actually have a worse owner than the Cowboys

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's not any light. There's just horrid play calling, nonsensical schemes that don't take into account the actual game situations, and a completely useless head man. Troy has seen the light. It's the coaching, not the player whom we know can and have seen him make every damn throw there is.

They fucking called a QB draw with no timeouts and only 24 seconds left on the clock! Not even Ginger himself would EVER consider anything so fucking stupid! Smell the coffee.

Troy was wondering why they didn't throw to Lamb who was single covered all game and you want to blame the coaches? Guys were running free and open, which was pointed out on numerous occasions during the game, and you want to blame the coaches? I don't think the OC has a feel for the game....I'll give you that. I've said for a while he's too young and inexperienced. The question is whether MM kept him because he wanted to or did he acquiesce to Jerry? Either way, let's hope he's gone.

After listening to the explanation, I can understand the call. Do you want 2 Hail Mary's from the 50 or take a shot at the end zone from the 25? The D was protecting the sideline and you can argue they didn't have faith in their 40 million dollar QB to make the throw. In any event, Dak has to take the slide and hand the ball to ref which he didn't do and it cost them valuable seconds. But he panicked and might have even run too far. It is what it is.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When Dak slid, there were 9 seconds or so on the clock. Plenty of time in a designed play to get lined up to spike the ball. But the ref has to touch it. That's not on MM or even KM.

Top Bottom