bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
When Dak slid, there were 9 seconds or so on the clock. Plenty of time in a designed play to get lined up to spike the ball. But the ref has to touch it. That's not on MM or even KM.
At that point, you should just send everyone to the end zone instead of spiking the ball.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
At that point, you should just send everyone to the end zone instead of spiking the ball.

I hear you but if you don't get set up and an offensive penalty is called, it's game over. They practiced the QB draw and our guy didn't give the ball to the ref with 9 seconds left. Ugly.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Troy was wondering why they didn't throw to Lamb who was single covered all game and you want to blame the coaches
TROY was specifically blaming the coaches. ONE coach. He didn't want to name the name so he just said "coordinators." And he is spot on.
Do you want 2 Hail Mary's from the 50 or take a shot at the end zone from the 25?
As has been pointed out, that wasn't the scenario. Fatass slob just plain lied in that presser. It's been pointed out many times by the likes of Cowherd, Bayless and Shannon Sharpe among others.
When Dak slid, there were 9 seconds or so on the clock. Plenty of time in a designed play to get lined up to spike the ball. But the ref has to touch it.
What ref touches it in practice? The fucking coaches simply didn't drill the scenario properly. None of them even knew or ever considered that the ref has to spot the ball. They drilled it over and over in practice exactly the way you saw it on the field. Nobody "panicked."

It was a fucking idiotic call, borne of the Boy Genius saying, "boy, we're really gonna fool everybody with this one" and boy howdy they sure did, even the umpire.

More to the overall point of the HC though, look at the fucking chaos we have every single week on our sideline. Nobody's running the show! This is best exemplified by what happened after our successful fake punt.

It's ridiculous really, that we're debating the fatass slob. He brings absolutely nothing on game day. AND the players aren't listening to him, hence why we could never clean up the simplest shit - like the massive amount of pre-snap penalties.

You know better than anyone I was against the big contract for Dak, I advocated letting him test the REAL market instead of just mindlessly paying him according to the ersatz market the league has. But that's done, and he performs outstandingly when they let him, and he's not the fucking problem.
They practiced the QB draw and our guy didn't give the ball to the ref with 9 seconds left.
Because there's no refs in practice. They practiced it wrong.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
46d15a62a1d5df968e62314d9d304fe3.jpg

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As has been pointed out, that wasn't the scenario. Fatass slob just plain lied in that presser. It's been pointed out many times by the likes of Cowherd, Bayless and Shannon Sharpe among others.

MM is defending his player. This was mentioned post game as well. 40 million dollar man checked out of a pass play.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
TROY was specifically blaming the coaches. ONE coach. He didn't want to name the name so he just said "coordinators." And he is spot on.

If I'm the QB, I identify the WR who's single covered. In any event, in the video I posted, guys were running free but Dak just can't pull the trigger. He just can't.

t was a fucking idiotic call, borne of the Boy Genius saying, "boy, we're really gonna fool everybody with this one" and boy howdy they sure did, even the umpire.

Dak checked out of a pass play. I can argue that he doesn't have faith in his arm. It is what it is. Either way, I can understand the call and we could have had a shot at the end zone.

You know better than anyone I was against the big contract for Dak, I advocated letting him test the REAL market instead of just mindlessly paying him according to the ersatz market the league has. But that's done, and he performs outstandingly when they let him, and he's not the fucking problem.

Like I said Dooms, Dak is going to leave a trail of bodies behind him in Dallas. He played poorly and does what he does. He's just not consistent, he's not a guy that can consistently carry your team and he can't read a defense. He's not a rookie. But have faith, we'll win the East again next year (probably) and be talking about the same thing come January.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If I'm the QB, I identify the WR who's single covered. In any event, in the video I posted, guys were running free but Dak just can't pull the trigger. He just can't.
But, you have seen him do it time and time again over the years. He's got the arm and can and has made, all of the throws. Something else is wrong.
Dak checked out of a pass play.
First I've heard this one. EVERY accounting of this so far has been, Boy Wonder called the draw and fatass fuck was on the headset and agreed.
he can't read a defense
Even though you have seen him do it, for years. Time and time again. Something else is wrong.

we could have had a shot at the end zone
We could have had THREE shots at it, from the 50, with 5 guys running under a spot. The false choice fatass put forth, "what would you rather have, a hail mary or five guys going into the end zone" is exactly that, a false choice. Their only idea about this that IS solid is having 5 of your guys under the ball instead of one of yours and 6 or 7 of theirs. They could have done that three times in that 24 seconds they wasted!

So no fatass, i would rather have three shots from the 50 than one from the 25.

Such fucking nonsense really.

Bigger point - they drilled this and drilled this, why? Because that's the whole goal of our offense since the bye week - let our defense keep it close then turn up the heat at the end.

And they drilled and drilled a play that required absolute timing from each participant - but they left a key participant out. The ref. Because they just simply outsmarted themselves.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
PFF grades our o-line tops in the league, but we don't run the ball. Perhaps if we drilled run plays like we drilled that stupid draw scenario we might then run the ball in games?

But.... If your goal is to just "keep it close then crank up the heat at the end" then you're really not that interested in running the ball anyway.

There's a systemic problem here, with the coaching and philosophy.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
But, you have seen him do it time and time again over the years. He's got the arm and can and has made, all of the throws. Something else is wrong.

He's had great games. We've all said it. It's why it's so maddening. You've seen a Tweet from a SF defensive player posted here that told you they wanted Dak to beat them. And he couldn't. You have the video breakdown from Warner. Guys NFL open and then some. Dak just can't do it consistently.

First I've heard this one. EVERY accounting of this so far has been, Boy Wonder called the draw and fatass fuck was on the headset and agreed.

I heard he checked out of pass after the game but don't recall where. MM confirmed it in the presser. Either way, I can see the reasoning for the draw play after they explained it. Hail Mary's rarely work and we may have had better odds from the 25.

Even though you have seen him do it, for years. Time and time again. Something else is wrong.

Dak. Can. Not. Do. It. Consistently.

Listen, I can flip your argument around and say we beat some teams up and the OC drew up a great game plan. So something else might be wrong.

I think Warner is being nice in his critique of Dak but he pointed some things out that I can appreciate from a HOF QB but I also think questioning our scheme is a valid criticism.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think Warner is being nice in his critique of Dak but he pointed some things out that I can appreciate from a HOF QB but I also think questioning our scheme is a valid criticism.
Our problem as fans is we don't know even a small part of the story, about what's going on in practice, meetings, and etc. We can only speculate based on what we see. But what we're getting on the field is pathetic for whatever reason.

We can't beat any decent teams. We don't appear game to game to even have a strategy of attack. And for whatever reason, don't even have the run plays we used the first seven weeks, even on the call sheet.

But hell - if the coaches don't trust dak, isn't that even more reason to obstinately run the fucking ball? I think not only do they trust him, they're enamored with him. They're like little kids with their favorite toy and aren't seeing the big picture of what makes any NFL QB tick.

I think you have group think going on, without any adults per se, in the fucking room. Or if there are any, nobody's listening to them.

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
yeah, agree we lost the wild card to the 49ers, and it's the end of the season. and try again next year for the 2023 Super Bowl but with jerry in place, we might never until he dies in bed. lol

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
They had the same situation in the Tampa/Philly game and Troy was very critical of their choices as well, as Philly and Hurts did the same thing with Devonte Smith. He actually made that comment about "throwing to Irvin 10 times" in reference to just the FIRST HALF of what he saw from how Tampa was playing Philly.

Moore did not have a good game, but at the end of the day the QB decides where the football goes on pretty much every play. He can misread coverages and throw to the wrong guy against the wrong coverage, but that's also ultimately HIS decision. Just because a play is called to a "primary" receiver, doesn't mean that receiver will ultimately get the ball.

One of the most famous plays in the history of our franchise Troy threw a ball to Alvin Harper instead of Michel Irvin, and afterward Irvin noted on that particular play he made Harper change sides of the formation because he knew that play call was designed to go to THAT side (the spot he flipped to). Instead, Aikman read the coverage properly and threw it to Harper, who ended up with a 70 yd play that ultimately helped us ice the 1992 NFC Champ game.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Dak checked out of a pass play. I can argue that he doesn't have faith in his arm. It is what it is. Either way, I can understand the call and we could have had a shot at the end zone.

Like I said Dooms, Dak is going to leave a trail of bodies behind him in Dallas. He played poorly and does what he does. He's just not consistent, he's not a guy that can consistently carry your team and he can't read a defense. He's not a rookie. But have faith, we'll win the East again next year (probably) and be talking about the same thing come January.
All facts here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree.

It appears from those that break down film Prescott does not process the field and identify the best matchups fast enough.

That said, while he can make most of the throws he does not make them all with accuracy. For whatever reason, the entire 2nd half of the season for the most part he was constantly throwing behind guys or something.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
PFF grades our o-line tops in the league, but we don't run the ball. Perhaps if we drilled run plays like we drilled that stupid draw scenario we might then run the ball in games?

But.... If your goal is to just "keep it close then crank up the heat at the end" then you're really not that interested in running the ball anyway.

There's a systemic problem here, with the coaching and philosophy.
PFF is a bunch of fucktards Dooms. They also say Chidobe Awuzie is the 2nd best CB in the league and Travon Diggs is one of the worst.

You can whine all day about running the ball more but when your team cant execute those turn into wasted plays that constantly put us behind the chains. There are FAR too many plays where the other team has defenders coming almost untouched into the backfield on run plays. And unlike most years or even the first half of this yr, it isnt because of other teams loading the box. Teams easily stop this run game with 7 guys and sometimes only 6 guys up in the box.

Anybody can watch our games and then watch clips and easily come to the conclusion that they dont win enough on run plays, and even the pass protection is shoddy. They have two really good players (Martin and Tyron) and nothing else up front.

I can't say for certain if its OL blocking scheme or just physical talent, but anybody can watch what we do and compare to other teams and see something is genuinely fucked up

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One of the most famous plays in the history of our franchise Troy threw a ball to Alvin Harper instead of Michel Irvin, and afterward Irvin noted on that particular play he made Harper change sides of the formation because he knew that play call was designed to go to THAT side (the spot he flipped to). Instead, Aikman read the coverage properly and threw it to Harper, who ended up with a 70 yd play that ultimately helped us ice the 1992 NFC Champ game.

Great point and well said.......

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Its not just him because plenty of others on our team struggle vs good teams too, but this is still a fair point.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What a sad state of affairs

Brady is likely to pass our entire fucking franchise in playoff wins. We have been around since 1960. Brady had only been in the league since 2000.

That is a disgusting stat
f9f34cba1cf3e0231bc38ec314d0f147.jpg

Top Bottom