Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Did they say why Lewis was out for tonight’s game?

I never heard the reason

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Next week will be Dallas play off mental test. If they can romp Arizona, then I'm feeling good going into the play offs. If they struggle and lose big, they are done!

Not really worried about them, they are slumping badly and obviously were never as good as some people believed. Their best two wins came the first month of the season and they've done nothing for a month except get kicked around.

Unless we have some sort of super hangover from last night or a massive Covid onslaught that benches all the key guys, we're winning next Sunday. Philly to end the season will be a much stiffer test than the Cards IMO, and I'm not soemone who thinks the Eagles are actually "good", but they are better right now than AZ.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What an impressive win all the way around, I had to DVR it and watch it late, but was well worth me staying up till nearly 2:00 a.m. to watch it.

I was confident we'd win and felt like we had a huge advantage with the Wokeskins having played Tuesday night, but I didnt see 56-14 coming. So glad we got the offense rolling again and I hope we continue that trend this week. AZ sux now IMO but they are obviously better than Washington so it will be a much tougher test for our offense.

Other than maybe two throws Prescott was as sharp as he has been since the New England game. His accuracy was definitely back on and his footwork, along with willingness to pull the ball down a few times and run were back. I doubt he'll ever be pre-major injury Dak in regards to running again, but he did look like he had a little more burst last night than we have seen since the calf injury.

Run game was better and still a work in progress, but there were some lanes there and we did it without Tyron at LT, so that's encouraging. Definitely seemed like they were bound and determined to get the passing game back on track even when they started getting control of the game, and it paid off huge as Prescott had one amazing half.

Defensively they continue to get better. The pass rush was much better last night than last week vs NYG and they continue t take the ball away. They actually got robbed of another turnover late too when they had a strip sack that refs said they blew the whistle on, ball was clearly out though. DLaw is playing like a man possessed right now and for the first time in his career here he has REAL help around him with Parson, Gregory, Gallimore and this secondary.

Really nice debut for Kelvin Joseph, who had gotten only spot duty for a few plays here and there other than special teams (where he has been playing well) but kid showed up last night. Had two passes defensed and nearly had a pick (likely pick 6), also showed some fairly physical tackling a couple times.

Our special teams are legit again, for the first time really his century. Another blocked punt and we have arguably the best punter in the league (congrats to Anger on probowl nod). Really encouraging to see Zuerlien nail all 8 PATs the way he did, all of them pretty much drilled down the middle. His leg must have felt like it was gonna fall off after all the PATs and kickoffs last night.

Great win, hopefully they keep it going next week. If we can dodge the bullshit Covid bug we can definitely make a run this year.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Everyone though Moore was the lock to go early in the season, he might be safe now after that offensive clump we had (although if they bounce back here like last night that could change.

Quinn could get some really strong interest though and there's probably going to be a few good openings. Really hope we can keep him at least one more year. Dude is awesome as a DC.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Washington starting QB Taylor Heinicke in two starts vs us:

18/47 (38.3%), 23 yds, 2 tds, 3 picks, 8 sacks, 5.2 yds per attempt, QB rating of around 37

For the season against everyone else he has a comp% of over 65% , 18 tds, 11 picks, 7 yds per attempt and QB rating of over 90

Top Bottom