Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just don't see how people can be this fucking dumb.

Yeah. Then he doubles down on dumb and tells folks he's 39 and watched Aikman his entire career.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He was all the rage there for a while and some folks even wanted Jerry to bring him back. Not me. I remember the days and was a card carrying member of the local GROZ movement.

I was the proud founder of that movement.

I've never thought much of Zimmer, he was an ok but vastly overrated coordinator here and Cincinnati and his defenses have always had a penchant for blowing leads late, even if they had played well most of the game prior. He hasnt won jackshit as a HC.

Parcells absolutely deserves praise for restructuring and rebuilding the Cowboys scouting department and draft process, but he did the team two massive disservices:

1) He should have moved on from Zimmer the day he took over as HC. He wanted to, but Jones talked him into keeping Zimmer. Zimmer responded with one good yr defensively (2003, against the easiest schedule in the league) and then flopped miserably in 2004, prompting Parcells to change to the 3-4 in 2005 and Zimmer was not good at it. Parcells actually took a public shot at Zimmer (and probably Jones as well) when he announced they were changing to the 3-4.

2) He should have retired after the 2005 season so we could have kept Sean Payton, who left that offseason for New Orleans. Instead he held on for another yr to get Jerry's money and we got stuck with over a decade of two huge fucktards in Wade and Garrett.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It’s hard to believe our defense was dead last last year
cec344495afefc36d330d879faaf8bbd.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This shit is too funny

So now the WTF’s otherwise known as the team with no name will bring their own heated benches to AT&T even when the benches provided by the stadium are in perfect working order

They will also bring them to play Philly

Petty ass bullshit on the WTF’s behalf. But at least it made me laugh. Not with them, but at them.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This shit is too funny

So now the WTF’s otherwise known as the team with no name will bring their own heated benches to AT&T even when the benches provided by the stadium are in perfect working order

They will also bring them to play Philly

Petty ass bullshit on the WTF’s behalf. But at least it made me laugh. Not with them, but at them.

fish rots from the head down

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Didn't watch all of either game but saw the highlights of the horrendous no-call the Lambs benefitted from vs Seattle.

I don't care how "incompetent" people believe officials are, there's absolutely no way in hell anyone could look at that non-PI call and say "oh he just missed it" or "sometimes refs blow things" (other than dick)

And by the way, the Rams did not look like some juggernaut team and both the Wokeskins and Eagles looked awful for the most part.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Someone in CZ posted the Rams crew is the one that did the Cowboys-Raiders game on Thanksgiving, where everything and anything was PI. Then they let that shit go last night.

Gambling IS a serious problem with NFL officials and I'd bet the league knows it, but afraid to say or do anything because of the massive repercussions if they did so.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And by the way, the Rams did not look like some juggernaut team and both the Wokeskins and Eagles looked awful for the most part.

I didn't see the Rams game but I did watch some of the Eagles game. The Eagles looked much improved from when we first played them. Granted, they were playing a team with a QB that showed up on Thursday and played 5 days later. But their run game was on last night and I can see where a team like that can give us trouble.

I also think the Eagles are in a bit of a bind at QB. Hurts can win them some games and lay an egg the next week. He's a system QB and can give a team some trouble with the read option. Do they stay with Hurts or look for another QB?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't see the Rams game but I did watch some of the Eagles game. The Eagles looked much improved from when we first played them. Granted, they were playing a team with a QB that showed up on Thursday and played 5 days later. But their run game was on last night and I can see where a team like that can give us trouble.

I also think the Eagles are in a bit of a bind at QB. Hurts can win them some games and lay an egg the next week. He's a system QB and can give a team some trouble with the read option. Do they stay with Hurts or look for another QB?

Thought I saw some blurb that said last night was the 7th straight game the Eagles had 175+ yards rushing, that is certainly impressive although I know a lot of that is Hurts scramble plays.

When we played them the 1st time they hardly attempted any running plays, which was surprising to almost everyone. Obviously they won't repeat that when we play them week 18.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So the Bucs lost Godwin for the year (ACL I think) and had to put Fournette on IR.

They signed Leveon Bell to replace Fournette for now.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thought I saw some blurb that said last night was the 7th straight game the Eagles had 175+ yards rushing, that is certainly impressive although I know a lot of that is Hurts scramble plays.

When we played them the 1st time they hardly attempted any running plays, which was surprising to almost everyone. Obviously they won't repeat that when we play them week 18.

That's a pretty incredible stat but I'll add that Miles Sanders ran pretty wild last night. And while I didn't expect the Skins to win, I thought they'd have a better showing on D. Hurts also had a good day passing the ball and had it not been for some bad drops by his WR, he would have been almost perfect.

The Eagles are playing pretty well so I don't want to go to Philly having not clinched the East. Eagles have the Giants, WFT and us the next 3 weeks. They can win the next two before they face us. We've got the WFT, Cards and Eagles. I'd like to see us beat WFT and that should seal the NFC East, if I'm not mistaken.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The worst part is the Rams defender actually used his arms to chop down on the Seattle guy arm, and Brown does nothing wrong except fail to turn around for the ball. However Brown doesn't appear to do anything to keep the Raider guy from catching the ball, he has perfect coverage and the ball actually hits Brown.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Like Mick scouting Clubber Lang in the Rocky3 movie, I've been watching Philly all season and not liking what I see for our guys. They're poised to cause some problems in the playoffs if they get there. Not a team I want to see.

We're one and done at best anyway so it really doesn't matter too much the opponent. But still.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Various observations:

1) A win or tie vs Wokeskins Sunday night will give us the division title, a Philly loss also gives us the division title

2) Only one team (Green Bay) has a better record than us in either the NFC or AFC)

3) If GB loses one game and we win out, we will clinch Home Field Adv and get the only 1st rd bye. Packers remaining schedule is Browns, Vikings, at Lions.

4) Despite the offensive slump, our 401 pts rank 2nd in the league behind only Tampa (409).

5) Looks like we have climbed to 7th in scoring defense now.

6) Our points differential (+108) is the best in the NFC and 3rd in the league behind New England and Buffalo.

7) Some yutz at CZ tried to claim we had benefitted from "one of the easiest schedules in years" and yet in 14 games, we've only played 4 teams with a losing record (Giants twice, Wokeskins, Falcons and Panthers). We've currently played 5 teams that would be in the playoffs (today) and we have a 6th coming up with AZ (a near lock to be at least a WC and currently the NFC West leader). We've beaten New England, San Diego and Minnesota and lost to KC and Tampa. For comparison purposes I picked KC and GB (currently the top two teams in each conference). KC has played 5 teams currently in the playoffs (San Diego twice, Tennessee, Buffalo, Green Bay & Dallas and their record in those games is 3-3. Green Bay has played 6 (San Fran, Cincinnati, Arizona, Kansas City, Minnesota and LA Rams) and their record is 4-2.

8) Current playoff matchups: Byes for Packers and Chiefs. Bills at Patriots, Chargers at Titans, Colts at Bengals, Vikings at Cowboys, Niners at Bucs and Rams at Cardinals.

Top Bottom