dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mainly because we're not serious about really running the ball. We keep calling more finesse-type runs, instead of loading up jumbo and double-teaming the interior DLs, and running that mother fucker up the seam.

As I have said before, Helen Keller Moore does not want to run the ball. He only pays lip service to it, calling run plays that aren't optimal, so he can later say "the run wasn't working."

Running the fucking ball is a mindset, it's about imposing will on the opponent - the exact opposite of our "take what they give us" philosophy.

The facts aren't an exciting prospect though.

That's bullshit because they were running the ball with ease earlier in the season, and running it alot.

As the season has wore on, the blocking scheme has either been completely figured out or these guys have just lost all their effectiveness. I don't see any push or any lanes being opened, and this has gone on for weeks.

Even the pass protection has been unimpressive so far tonight.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That's bullshit because they were running the ball with ease earlier in the season, and running it alot.
Look at the running plays we were running back then, vs. what we've seen since the bye. It's not the same plays and it's not the same philosophy.

We WERE double teaming the interior d-linemen. We WERE running traps and wham plays. Those are gone. Now we're running strictly man-blocking and/or zone blocking schemes.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just don't understand how a team can look like world beaters before the bye week and come out a completely different team after.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Another horrendous offensive series, starting with yet another failed run play that loses yards.

On the replay not one of the 3 interior OL for us got a hand on a single front 7 guy for the Saints.

Just getting humiliated up front.

The punter is the best player on our team today.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Look at the running plays we were running back then, vs. what we've seen since the bye. It's not the same plays and it's not the same philosophy.

We WERE double teaming the interior d-linemen. We WERE running traps and wham plays. Those are gone. Now we're running strictly man-blocking and/or zone blocking schemes.

Same run plays dude.

Nobody is blocking, period.

I dont know what the fuck you are watching, these guys dont even get their hands on guys most run plays now. Complete whiffs over and over.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bad 3 and out, really bad defensive series.

Just a completely embarrassing display of football this week. They dont even remotely resemble a playoff team, let alone team that could actually make a run. If they get into the playoffs I dont see how they'd win a single game playing like this.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm trying so hard to stay positive on Dak. I thought the kid was playing at an MVP level and proved me wrong. He's a one read QB. I just can't understand the difference in this team and Dak after the bye.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
11 carries for 20 yards combined by Zeke and Pollard.

Longest running play by either of them, 4 yds. Once.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What a horrible call. I almost expect a make-up call coming up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm trying so hard to stay positive on Dak. I thought the kid was playing at an MVP level and proved me wrong. He's a one read QB. I just can't understand the difference in this team and Dak after the bye.

He hasnt been the same, but the OL is is clearly the #1 problem. They are just getting completely dominated every single snap.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I just don't understand how a team can look like world beaters before the bye week and come out a completely different team after.

It's what I have been saying. Something happened to the chemistry during the bye week. It's almost like someone decided, "what we have been doing won't work going forward, we have to change it up before the league catches up with us." And the players are either confused by the changes, or haven't bought into them.

If you don't have the player buy-in, you don't have shit no matter their talent.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Another 3 and out.

JFC

This game is reminiscent of that strike year debacle vs Washington in 1987

Top Bottom