LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Now we get to hear Jeruh talk about how he couldn’t be prouder of what this team accomplished tonight…..
I'm upset but not too upset. That was a hell of a game. That effort against any other team, particularly in our division, we win. Put up almost 30 points against the #1 defense. Mistakes here and there. But I'll take that sort of effort from the defense sans Brown, every time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Damn shame we lost, but you cant make that many mistakes and expect to beat a Super Bowl champ on the road with the GOAT QB playing for them.

Defense will get credit for 4 turnovers, but two of them were gifts. They got no sacks and only a few plays with any real pressure. They have no DB's that can cover except for Diggs. The offense dropped some really bad ones and the two by Lamb were killer, killing one drive deep and then causing an int on another. Prescott had a hell of a game but that sack he took losing 12 yards was not very smart. Kicker nailed a huge clutch one but missed a gimmee FG and a PAT costing us 4 pts. Kickoff coverage on anything that wasnt a touchback was terrible. Jarwin cost us a TD because he couldn't even manage to get in a guys way, Zeke would have walked in for that score.

Someone else was right about the 3 or 4 really bad calls or non calls that went against us but it isnt the sole reason we lost the game.

We had a team coming off a historically bad year defensively, and they chose (again) to go bargain basement shopping in free agency instead of finding two or three quality starters. That's just piss-poor roster management and that combined with the bad kicking night lost us the game more than anything else.

Glad we had a chance to win and there's clearly some stuff to be excited about, but this team just continues to be so damn frustrating to watch year over year.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It’s a much better performance on both sides of the ball than I expected.

Seeing how we hung in till the very end with the SB Champs it certainty makes me feel better about some of the other teams we will be playing this season. I had them losing to the Chargers next week. Now I’m thinking we stand a good chance of winning.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
DL just didn't get any pressure for most of the night. They suck.

They have Lawrence and literally nothing else up front. Maybe Gallimore makes a little difference whenever he can come back healthy, but there is just a big bunch of nothing from those other guys.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Needed to use more time at the end, would have been good to run a screen or a draw at some point? Wonder Boy has no situational awareness. 60 pass attempts, what's the win percentage on that? You don't need a 30 million dollar RB if you ain't gonna fucking run the damn ball at all.

Sloppiness as dbair pointed out, was costly. Letting that deep middle stay open all night long was stupid.

Overall though, we gave the world champs more than they wanted. Moral victory!
Zeke would have walked in for that score.
Yeah, IF he would have just run over the guy instead of just juking him. This is after he saw the whiffed block. Watch it again.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Refs bailed them out. BS holding call against Tyron to stall the momentum. The no call with the slam of the helmet. Then the missed offensive PI.

The call on Tyron was damn picky, especially after they chose to ignore two or three obvious take downs by Bucs OL in other parts of the game.

And that clearly was an obvious offensive PI call that for whatever reason was ignored.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
THAT'S 4 POINTS LOSS.

We missed a FG and a PAT
That’s 4 points

The score was 29-31

We lost by 2. If we would have made them both we would have won by 2 points.

(Edit)
I just checked the stat sheet. He actually missed 2 FG. So we would have won by 5 of our kicker didn’t suck.

And this won’t be the only game we lose this season because of him.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Needed to use more time at the end, would have been good to run a screen or a draw at some point? Wonder Boy has no situational awareness. 60 pass attempts, what's the win percentage on that? You don't need a 30 million dollar RB if you ain't gonna fucking run the damn ball at all.

Sloppiness as dbair pointed out, was costly. Letting that deep middle stay open all night long was stupid.

Overall though, we gave the world champs more than they wanted. Moral victory!

Yeah, IF he would have just run over the guy instead of just juking him. This is after he saw the whiffed block. Watch it again.
I dont really have a problem with them throwing that much, they clearly used a lot of those short passes as run plays because they knew they couldnt get any movement up front with our OL. I think we had 3 or 4 defcent run plays the entire game and they stuffed the shit out of the remainder.

Deep middle is open because guys cant cover for shit, but guys were wide open outside too.

Not going to agree with you at all on the Zeke play, Jarwin was horrendous there and clearly cost them the TD. Tampa defenders tackle extremely well, you have to give them credit for that. They dont dive at air like so many of our guys have done for years.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We missed a FG and a PAT
That’s 4 points

The score was 29-31

We lost by 2. If we would have made them both we would have won by 2 points.
Brady would have just found a guy wide open for a TD in the redzone instead of throwing 3 away to kill the clock.

The 4 lost pts hurt us but there was plenty of other blame to go around too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I saw Weed Man recover that 5 yards downfield so I guess I should be happy. But I'm not.

And that was the only play the guy made all night long I think.

He was invisible otherwise, as were both backup DE's and everyone we trotted out at DT.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I expected to see more from Micah tonight. They haven’t called #11 at all tonight

He had a couple of nice plays but he also struggled some getting into the right lanes on some downfield throws. The athletic ability along with tackling skill is clearly there though.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Brady would have just found a guy wide open for a TD in the redzone instead of throwing 3 away to kill the clock.

The 4 lost pts hurt us but there was plenty of other blame to go around too.

I just checked Zuerlein’s stat line, he actually missed 2 FG and a PAT. We would have been up by 7. Brady would have HAD to throw a TD just to tie the game.

Top Bottom