Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe somebody (Quinn perhaps) is looking at the D roster with a more trained eye and so therefore six of the 13 players who started and/or played more than 40% of our defensive snaps in 2020 have retired or are no longer with the team. A major purge was needed, we've all agreed on that for at least three years.

I agree with the needed purge but I see no plan. The man with a plan must be the HC/GM combo. We always seem to defer to coordinators who have more input than they should. At the end of the day, we're hoping that Quinn can "coach them up" and provide a spark and impact on our D. Quite honestly, I was giddy this time last year at the thought of MM and I'm starting to have my doubts.

At the end of the day, we're not building a team to win. We're building a team to entertain and compete which, in turn, keeps the money rolling. The Cowboys are the most valuable franchise in the world. Mission accomplished.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ryan Kerrigen reportedly going to the Eagles, according to his IG. Has anyone been able to confirm?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
julio jones was seen w/ a dallas cowboys shirt on recently and the internet starting generating rumors

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
finally dallas cowboys coaching is top 5 in something (coach firing odds, not the COTY odds)

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll be more interested to see how Dak handles the injury from a mental standpoint and I'd bet that's the biggest obstacle for him to overcome.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll be more interested to see how Dak handles the injury from a mental standpoint and I'd bet that's the biggest obstacle for him to overcome.

So good I had to quote myself like a boss.......

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
dd75393e4766fe8b4c063f917fea5c13.jpg

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score

• Give the defense the edge over the offense on Tuesday. The secondary did a nice job of plastering during scramble drill situations making it difficult for the quarterbacks to find any openings on the move.
  • Did not look like Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch got a lot of work during the team and seven on seven drills. Keanu Neal and Micah Parsons took most of the turns with what would be called the No. 1 defense.
  • Speaking of Parsons, his burst off the edge is noticeable. He got a great job at the snap that would have led to a sack. But the other part of it – the D overloaded the offensive line by bringing the house. Parsons has had a solid offseason.
  • Dak Prescott and Dalton Schultz had a couple of quality connections in two-minute work. Schultz looks smoother in his route running this offseason. Could just be a product of confidence gained after last year.
  • Anthony Brown had a good day. He was able to break up a pass in two-minute work that came before Parsons’ would-be sack. Brown said last week’s catch by CeeDee Lamb that drew raves would not have counted in a game since he pushed the receiver OB at start of scramble.
  • Another corner who had a good day - Deante Burton. Could be uphill climb to make final roster but he was active with good coverage and a PBU or two.
  • Interesting to hear Mike McCarthy say the Cowboys will have a testing facility on scene for camp. Could be a sign the team does not expect to meet the vaccine threshold for open meetings by time camp starts.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
lmao this fuckin guy

Will be interesting to see if he even makes the opening day roster. I still think there's a chance he gets cut unless he has a strong preseason.

I saw some blurbs a couple weeks ago that said the Cowboys quietly shopped him during the draft.

Top Bottom