Jerseycowboysfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
cowboys told aldon smith they will not be resigning him and he is a free agent
Another bonehead move by the geniuses up in the booth. I would say one of the best playmakers on our putrid defense and we let him walk . We have gotta be hands down the stupidest franchise in all of sports . I mean seriously.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
cowboys told aldon smith they will not be resigning him and he is a free agent
Good riddance.

Had one or two good games early, but for the most part seemed invisible the rest of the season. Also looked painfully slow the 2nd half of the season to me.

Wasn't going to be a fit in the new defense either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Another bonehead move by the geniuses up in the booth. I would say one of the best playmakers on our putrid defense and we let him walk . We have gotta be hands down the stupidest franchise in all of sports . I mean seriously.

Lame post of the day.

Dude literally had 2 good games all year, maybe 3.

He looked slow as hell the 2nd half of the season and has never been a 4-3 hand in the dirt RDE in his career. He was not going to fit here.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like they are trying to get Kazee signed as well.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Lame post of the day.

Dude literally had 2 good games all year, maybe 3.

He looked slow as hell the 2nd half of the season and has never been a 4-3 hand in the dirt RDE in his career. He was not going to fit here.
In the final 13 games he had just 1 sack and 2 TFL. I barely noticed him except for the fumble return against Cincy (a play anyone could have made).

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
not getting anything for aldon smith back when his value was high is the biggest loss for DAL

even if it would have looked bad to get rid of 1 of your most productive defensive players in september/october, the team defense was dogshit and starved of talent

and of course aldon smith was going to be a redemption story for jerrys cowboys. jerry somehow thinks he can tap into this pipeline of crackheads that used to play football, and detox them at his halfway house--i mean the star--then put them on the field. he thinks they still have blue chip talent deep down inside, but actually the only chip left might be for their recent sobriety. jerry needs to focus on his own demons and not someone else's

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
not getting anything for aldon smith back when his value was high is the biggest loss for DAL

even if it would have looked bad to get rid of 1 of your most productive defensive players in september/october, the team defense was dogshit and starved of talent

and of course aldon smith was going to be a redemption story for jerrys cowboys. jerry somehow thinks he can tap into this pipeline of crackheads that used to play football, and detox them at his halfway house--i mean the star--then put them on the field. he thinks they still have blue chip talent deep down inside, but actually the only chip left might be for their recent sobriety. jerry needs to focus on his own demons and not someone else's

That is the problem in a nutshell

If Jerry sees a player perform well just one single time he then assumes that that is the players standard level of play. Then he overpays the player because he knows that the player is capable of playing to that level. Or he keeps a player around longer than he should because he has seen the player perform at that level and believes he is still capable of the same level of play.

Jerry’s line of thinking is if he’s done it before he can do it again and he considers that one high level play/game the new norm for the player.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
mccarthy has a point w/ speed on defense. they were quick to get their sorry asses back to the locker room at the half and end of games

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
they were quick to get their sorry asses back to the locker room at the half and end of games
Actually that's only half right. At the end of games they would linger, practicing "complementary football" patting opponents on the butt swapping jerseys and complementing them on how they kicked our ass.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am too lazy to go find it again, but someone posted the research/data in CZ on most successful teams over past 10-20 yrs and how those teams also had the most comp picks in that time frame. So there does seem to be some correlation. Obviously you have to draft well to make that work and obviously quality coaching ultimately makes a huge difference.

I'd bet those teams had franchise QB's. That's the greatest correlation and the key to success.

Top Bottom