Jerseycowboysfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I’m hearing some rumblings about a tag and trade with Prescott and Watson . I know it’s probably bullshit. however, Dak is going to cost a lot of money and currently Watson is unhappy with upper management in Houston . How would you guys feel about that ? Just want to get a pulse check on this .

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I’m hearing some rumblings about a tag and trade with Prescott and Watson . I know it’s probably bullshit. however, Dak is going to cost a lot of money and currently Watson is unhappy with upper management in Houston . How would you guys feel about that ? Just want to get a pulse check on this .
I d do it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Where did these rumblings come from?

Can't see this happening at all.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Thank god

Mike Nolan was just fired!
You beat me to it. If we do nothin else, that was so far the best offseason move. I guess it was the compromise: keep Moore and let Nolan go. No fan of Moore by any stretch, but he was easily a better OC than Nolan was a DC.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hell I thought he did a pretty fine job considering all the injuries and what he had to work with.

I agree

I didn’t have a problem with him

I mean the guy had only one single starter on the roster by the end of the season. The rest of the season was a patchwork of backups

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I agree

I didn’t have a problem with him

I mean the guy had only one single starter on the roster by the end of the season. The rest of the season was a patchwork of backups
Must be just a scapegoat for Zeke's lack of production.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Beat writers say Dom Capers a candidate.
Then we might as well kept Nolan. Moving deck chairs around on the Titanic. Capers was good at one time in his hey day, but the game has changed. What the fuck with this team on going with young guys as OC but want old guys --- past their prime at DC?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
old antiquated systems
Can you name one that isn't? 3-4 dates back to the 40s, 4-3 to the late 50s. We tried a newfangled "hybrid" scheme this season.

Doesn't even matter what "system" is used, does it suit your personnel? Is it way over-complicated with a 1,500 page playbook, or is it relatively simple and straightforward? Are you comitted to it - can you sell it to the players and get their buy-in? Do you have an actual core philosophy, or are you a mish-mash kind of guy, noncommittal like Nolan? You have to know your players, what they do best, and put them in their best position to be successful. And you have to get their buy-in to you and your core philosophy. Otherwise it wouldn't make any difference if you were allowed 13 men on the field - your D will be shit.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
We also fired O Line coach Jim Tomsula
Oh shit My Bad for not paying attention, Tomsula was the D-line coach. Not the O-line. As such yeah it's a good fire.

Top Bottom