dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I do like the George Edward hire as LB coach. Should have been named DC but that's another story.

They already had a DC when they hired Edwards.

IIRC they said Edwards would be much more involved in the defense than a typical LB coach would be though.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Look out NFL, you don't know what you are in for now. Taco means business.

So was it on the break in Dallas, or riding the clutch? Or did he even get the engine started? Probably couldn't find his damn keys...

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Step 1 -Name will mcclay the gm

step 2 -Falsify mccarthys birth certificate showing he is 2% sudanese

step 3 -success

Biggems74

Dr. Pepper or Die
Reaction score
Dave Campo on his worst day was better than Richards on his best day. Campo was not a great HC, a lot of that goes on an aging roster, stupid trades, and poor drafting by Jerry, but a lot on Dave, who wss more friend than boss to the players. Still, he was a helluva CB coach. Our DBs created havoc in the passing game and actually forced turnovers. Richard is overhyped because of the immensely talented Legion of Boom.

Sal Monella

Man among boys
Reaction score
Leighton Vander Esch feeling “wonderful” after neck surgery

GettyImages-1191776342-e1589810581745.jpg

Getty Images

Cowboys linebacker Leighton Vander Esch had neck surgery after the 2019 season and initial word from the team was that they expected him to be able to do some work during the offseason program.

That was the plan, anyway. Vander Esch and the Cowboys were forced to pivot to new plans when offseason programs went virtual because of the COVID-19 pandemic, but the good news is that Vander Esch says he’s doing well in his recovery from surgery.

Vander Esch appeared on The ‘Boys & Girl Podcast recently and said that he’s training without restrictions in hopes of getting back on the field this summer.

“I am doing wonderful,” Vander Esch said. “I feel as good now as I ever have, before I even got hurt. I mean, I’m ready to roll. I’ve been training full-go for a couple of months now, so it’s not holding me back whatsoever. I feel, like I said, just as good as I ever have. I’m just excited to play football at this point and get back on the field. Whenever they give us the green light to go, we’ll be ready.”

The Cowboys re-signed Sean Lee, but didn’t add a linebacker in the draft or in free agency. That suggests confidence in how Vander Esch and his neck will fare once the Cowboys are back together this year.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I have no idea what Nolan will come up with, but LVE, Smith, and Lee will have to deliver a bunch of snaps and big plays
From what I've read Nolan likes the big boys to swallow blockers and push everyone backwards which is pretty standard stuff, but also disguise who's doing what in the back 7.
He likes to disguise coverages and pretty sneaky with his blitzes as well.
I've also read he loses his shit if you don't know where you're supposed to be to fit the defense he calls.
That would be nice.
Yes our LB group better be on point.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I have no idea what Nolan will come up with, but LVE, Smith, and Lee will have to deliver a bunch of snaps and big plays

This is one of the groups that intrigues me the most. If they can stay healthy and if McCoy/Poe do what they were brought here to do Jaylon/LVE could be one of the best LB tandems in the league. Sean Lee is probably the best backup LB in the league, but again health is an issue. I would expect this unit to get another dose of youth in the next draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Cowboys offices opened up today and good ole Jeruh is back to work

Maybe something good will come of this Covid-19 and it will take the old man down and out of the picture for good

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This is one of the groups that intrigues me the most. If they can stay healthy and if McCoy/Poe do what they were brought here to do Jaylon/LVE could be one of the best LB tandems in the league. Sean Lee is probably the best backup LB in the league, but again health is an issue. I would expect this unit to get another dose of youth in the next draft.

yeah, LB health history and depth are concerns, but at least they are top notch raw talent.

Nolan has had quite a while to figure out he'll defend a typical NFL O. How fast they can gel and execute will be interesting. They have the play speed and position flex in the back 7 … they just have to produce an average number of turnovers. The thing that bugs me is our DBs seem to be missing thumbs.

I've never seen a secondary drop so may INTs

Sal Monella

Man among boys
Reaction score
gettyimages-488075006-e1520265534797.jpg

Getty Images

Aldon Smith, the seventh overall pick in the 2011 draft who last played in 2015, is back in the NFL.

A source with direct knowledge of the situation tells PFT that Smith’s application for reinstatement under the substance-abuse policy has been granted.

Smith, who has played for both the 49ers and Raiders, has been suspended on multiple occasions, for various off-field issues. He was dominant early in his career, averaging nearly one sack per game.

The Cowboys signed Smith pending his potential reinstatement. As of May 26, he officially will join the Dallas roster.

It remains to be seen whether Smith can play like he once did. Very few players return to football after so much time off. If Smith, who’ll be 31 in September, can get back to what he once was, the Cowboys will have dramatically boosted their pass rush.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
yeah, LB health history and depth are concerns, but at least they are top notch raw talent.

Nolan has had quite a while to figure out he'll defend a typical NFL O. How fast they can gel and execute will be interesting. They have the play speed and position flex in the back 7 … they just have to produce an average number of turnovers. The thing that bugs me is our DBs seem to be missing thumbs.

I've never seen a secondary drop so may INTs

Well we might end up having 2 new starting CB’s in Diggs and Robinson. Chedo might also be starting at FS. They’re the most unknown out of any position group on the team. We’re going to find out if Al Harris can do a better job of coaching his guys up than Kris Richard did.

Top Bottom