theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I am quite retarded. I would take Wade back in a second as DC. I didn't care for the Nolan hire as I have said. Loved the George Edwards hire. Maybe he can figure out a way to make the gimp stick to his assignments.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I am quite retarded. I would take Wade back in a second as DC. I didn't care for the Nolan hire as I have said. Loved the George Edwards hire. Maybe he can figure out a way to make the gimp stick to his assignments.
I'm not huge on Nolan either. However, I do like that he is a professional coach. What I mean by that is: he is 1) dependent on successful coaching results for his profession/livelihood and 2) someone who has been up and down the coaching ranks, so he has tasted both success and failure. He'll have some ideas (maybe good, maybe bad) on how to implement new strategies with this recent promotion to DC.

If he fails, McCarthy will fire him. No more sentimental Jerry-love for old man Rod and his dinosaur scheme.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wade, Campo, and Garrett were all good coordinators, none of them had the acumen of a HC.

Garrett was not a good coordinator. Even Wade knew that when he tried to bring Dan Reeves on-board but when you are handed your job because of nepotism, you don't value learning.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wade, Campo, and Garrett were all good coordinators, none of them had the acumen of a HC.

Garrett was good for one season as an OC, pretty lousy afterward.

Campo was average at best, so is Wade IMO, maybe slightly above average. People go gaga for him over what he did with Denver but that was one stop out of a lengthy career.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Garrett never really was a good OC, in Dallas or Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Garrett was good for one season as an OC, pretty lousy afterward.

Campo was average at best, so is Wade IMO, maybe slightly above average. People go gaga for him over what he did with Denver but that was one stop out of a lengthy career.

The question becomes is Nolan the guy?
in 21 seasons 2 top 5 defenses in scoring, not good
but 10 top 10 defenses in terms of turnovers

that may be enough, if the 2020 D produces above average TOs, this team has a shot

hard to predict TOs for this unit when we have little idea who's gonna play where in the secondary of a hybrid D
not to mention this team may very well end up depending on pressure from Gregory and or Smith … good luck

at least they won't get pushed around up front, with Poe and McCoy - that's major

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The question becomes is Nolan the guy?
in 21 seasons 2 top 5 defenses in scoring, not good
but 10 top defenses in terms of TOs

People that continue to throw this stuff out there like this need to go back and closely examine the teams he coached. Most of them were extremely devoid of talent to say the least.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
People that continue to throw this stuff out there like this need to go back and closely examine the teams he coached. Most of them were extremely devoid of talent to say the least.
in your opinion is Nolan the guy?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
in your opinion is Nolan the guy?

McCarthy picked him without any hesitation it seems, so I'm good with it.

McCarthy is a real HC, not the red headed fucktard we had the past decade. I trust his judgement until proven otherwise.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
McCarthy picked him without any hesitation it seems, so I'm good with it.

McCarthy is a real HC, not the red headed fucktard we had the past decade. I trust his judgement until proven otherwise.

I'm ok with Nolan, but not because a one time SB winning offensive minded HC picked him. I like the talent he's brought in, big DTs and playmaking DBs. At least he has common sense. Rod did not.

But umm …. wasn't Bill "a real HC"? was Jimmy? was Tom?
hey even Barry had a SB ring, that make 4 SB winning coaches JJ didn't worked things out with
There's no reason to think JJ will give MM a free hand.

you "trust" Mike, that's nice. JJ might, but I doubt it. When last seen on a sideline MM was 4-7-1 on the season with a healthy Aaron Rodgers starting every game … how many wins will he get with Dak?

Is MM a better HC than JG? sure, I like Mike. Nice W/L as a HC, stellar W/L actually.

But, JJ is still JJ. Can MM fire Nolan? well, if it comes to that, there's no telling what JJ will do.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm ok with Nolan, but not because a one time SB winning offensive minded HC picked him. I like the talent he's brought in, big DTs and playmaking DBs. At least he has common sense. Rod did not.

It doesnt matter that much to me that they are "bigger", they are both just flat out better players than what we had inside. Adding Gallimore was a nice get in the draft too. Upgraded the talent there big time.

But umm …. wasn't Bill "a real HC"? was Jimmy? was Tom?
hey even Barry had a SB ring, that make 4 SB winning coaches JJ didn't worked things out with
There's no reason to think JJ will give MM a free hand.

Bill was burned out and didnt come close to being the same coach he was here as he was with the Giants or Pats (or even the Jets). he also didnt have Bill Belichick running his defense. Switzer was a stooge that inherited all of Jimmy's talent and his coaching staff.

you "trust" Mike, that's nice. JJ might, but I doubt it. When last seen on a sideline MM was 4-7-1 on the season with a healthy Aaron Rodgers starting every game … how many wins will he get with Dak?

Nice job cherry picking part of one season and ignoring the rest of his career. That said, on paper this Dallas team is vastly better than the team he had in Green Bay his last season.

Is MM a better HC than JG? sure, I like Mike. Nice W/L as a HC, stellar W/L actually.

But, JJ is still JJ. Can MM fire Nolan? well, if it comes to that, there's no telling what JJ will do.

Jerry had nothing to do with MM hiring Nolan, and he'll have nothing to do with it if MM decides he needs to replace him.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry had nothing to do with MM hiring Nolan, and he'll have nothing to do with it if MM decides he needs to replace him.
Yes and no.

Nolan hire was all McCarthy but Jerry will have zero issue demanding McCarthy fires his DC if (once) Jerry begins to meddle.

Also, keeping Kellen Moore and the fact that Moore will call plays, after McCarthy has said twice publicly that he will never not call plays again, shows me that Jerry is still not letting his head coach make the big decisions.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes and no.

Nolan hire was all McCarthy but Jerry will have zero issue demanding McCarthy fires his DC if (once) Jerry begins to meddle.

Also, keeping Kellen Moore and the fact that Moore will call plays, after McCarthy has said twice publicly that he will never not call plays again, shows me that Jerry is still not letting his head coach make the big decisions.

If McCarthy were insistent on calling plays and Jerry was going to push Moore on him as the playcaller, McCarthy could have just been the HC somewhere else. He had other interviews and I think clearly could have landed another gig if he wanted.

Reportedly, it was McCarthy that swung Moore to stay here, as Moore reportedly had 1 or 2 other offers to leave and be the OC elsewhere. McCarthy was also on record before he took the job here as saying he liked a lot of what he saw from Moore's offense.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lets not forget mccarthy spent the night at jerry's to close the deal

and with that said, you must believe that there is give and take on both sides

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Reportedly, it was McCarthy that swung Moore to stay here, as Moore reportedly had 1 or 2 other offers to leave and be the OC elsewhere. McCarthy was also on record before he took the job here as saying he liked a lot of what he saw from Moore's offense.
You're falling for it again David.

McCarthy was complimentary of the organization before they offered him a nice paycheck? Noooooo.

Go back and watch or read the McCarthy interviews before the hire. He wanted to call plays. Once he got here, Jerry told him that they put a lot of stock in Kellen Moore and would really like to keep him around. McCarthy got paid and had his issues ordered to him.

McCarthy is a way better coach than Garrett was. He's not good enough to overcome Jerry.

You guys will see.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
lets not forget mccarthy spent the night at jerry's to close the deal

and with that said, you must believe that there is give and take on both sides
Which on its own, would not be a big deal. For Cowboy fans, it's just more of the same. Jerry meddling with the power structure of a football team and undermining the head coach. Nothing has changed since Jimmy left.

Jerry isn't going to suddenly stop meddling over the likes of Mike McCarthy. Bill Parcells had authority contractually obligated and Jerry still found a way to be disruptive (Terrell Owens).

The Cowboys won't be a true contender for championships until they change the culture.

Top Bottom