Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I would say virtually guarantees Dak plays on the franchise tag...no hurry to get a long term deal done now
There wasn't anyway, at least where Dak's side of it is concerned. This won't change his calculation one bit. This only gives us cheap insurance in the event Dak refuses to sign the franchise tag.
This is a master stroke by Jerry
It's just standard stuff, nothing masterful about it. You don't really think Jerruh is trying to play hardball with his son Dak? Far from it, he's caved so far on every level except length of contract - the only real sticking point.
We've needed a competent back up
And that's all this is.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And they're trying to pay Dak, but they don't want to torpedo the team in the process.
Money hasn't been the sticking point. Length of contract, has been. Dak wants a short term deal, Dallas wants 5 or 6 years.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, Dez.

"I watched the cowboys pay Tony twice, once without a winning rec."

Don't expect any tearful "He's my quarterback" riffs from Dez anytime soon.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yes, Dez.

"I watched the cowboys pay Tony twice, once without a winning rec."

Don't expect any tearful "He's my quarterback" riffs from Dez anytime soon.
Yeah, he watched while saying "Pay the Man" every five minutes. LOL

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

What a fucktard, and to think there were Zoners creaming their pants over the idea of bringing this dolt back.

Just STFU already Dez. They've made multiple offers worth 30+ mils a season, and Prescott's people have refused to sign. I have said all along that I think Prescott has been getting really stupid advice, and continue to believe that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Despite playing catch in the park with Dak, I never for one second believed there was any serious thought about bringing Dez back in any capacity. Gotta feeling Dez has burned through most of his money and this was strictly floated by Dez and his agent.

I never did either. I doubt McCarthy or Stevie want anything to do with him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep. Somehow not having Sanu and Eifert available as receiving options and renting 2nd tier running backs and changing O coordinators a couple times landed on Dalton. I suspect he'd somehow be better with our group of targets if we was pressed into service.

Indeed. We're fairly loaded on offense, especially if the key OL stay healthy and someone plays decent enough in Fred's old role.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Cooper Rush has been waived

No surprise there. So at least we just upgraded our team ginger

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cooper Rush has been waived

No surprise there. So at least we just upgraded our team ginger

It'll be interesting (and very telling) to see if he gets picked up by anyone and is signed as a back-up.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No way. His best shot was the now defunct XFL.

That's what I think too. It's sad that we had a QB as a back-up that really added very little value to the position other than his red hair and Ginger look-a-like. Disgusting.....

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cooper Rush- a guy Zoners thought was a legit starter and should have replaced Dak.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's what I think too. It's sad that we had a QB as a back-up that really added very little value to the position other than his red hair and Ginger look-a-like. Disgusting.....

He may end up with his Ginger role model in NY

That’s about the only possible way I see him staying in the NFL

Top Bottom