MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Facts that DON'T AGREE WITH YOUR OWN SCENARIO!

You're going all "Number1" on us now. Can't defend your idiot theory so you just pretend it's not what's being argued.

Yes. It's a fictional fantasy construct. Just like your whole "tanking" crap scenario is.

Pointing out your own inconsistencies on your bullshit theory isn't "cherry picking." Idiot.

One more time: If you don't want your idiot theory challenged, then stop posting it. Real simple.

It is GOING to be challenged here. Perhaps you would like life better at the zone, where there are dozens of idiots who would support your stupidity.

So if you don't really believe it, then stop posting it.

You keep insisting we're "tanking" and you offer nothing as proof, you offer no examples of it ever happening. You now know it's stupid and it's wrong you you've been backpedaling. Just fucking stop posting it and your problem of getting your ass handed to you, magically goes away.

Again, read what I said. You sound ignorant when you only quote part of what I said. I understand you don’t agree with it, but if you’re going to quote me don’t cherry pick, quote everything I said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
A player or players are saying that the coaching staff aren’t good at their jobs is the type of comment/s that sound like the beginning of this staff losing the locker room
I've always thought that was a double-edged sword. Is/are the player or players just making excuses, trying to shift blame for their poor performance?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
if you’re going to quote me don’t cherry pick, quote everything I said.
Filtering out the bullshit and getting to the relevant point is essential. Brevity is king, not mindless word salad.

You contradict yourself over and over, then again you don't like it when it is pointed out. Filtering out your platitudes and nonsense helps keep the conversation out of the mud.

No, I'm not going down any of your deflective rabbit holes.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you for being constructive and giving and actual opinion instead of “you’re stupid”. I’m glad we actually have people here willing to have an actual conversation.

You’re probably right on this. The front office (the entire Jones family) more than likely just has no fucking clue what they’re doing. Shit rolls downhill so therefore the coaches have no idea what they’re doing. Nolan is a MM crony so Jerry is just letting him stay on the staff because MM “owes it to Nolan” for whatever reason. Because of all that this team is in crash and burn mode. This is the most likely scenario for this season.

I just brought up the conspiracy theory again because of Jerry’s attitude toward this season. Again, he sounds almost giddy over it, not upset at all. Even when this team was at its worst in the past he always seemed extremely upset. That’s not the case this season. So that’s what makes me think something is up.

That MM "owes" Nolan and brought him on is no surprise. Garrett and Jerry have done it too but with them it was nepotism, from Jim Garrett on down to his kids. At least Nolan is a life long coach with some actual experience. Same with MM. For that reason alone, I give them a lot of latitude.

I firmly believe this is the players way of rebelling. No one is accountable so they blame the coaches. All the while we see their effort, or lack thereof, on the field. It's really embarrassing. Zeke got paid and he regressed. Lawrence got paid and he regressed. Crawford got paid and he regressed although he was never all that to begin with. I think they paid him as a gamble he was going to break out. Cooper also got paid and he regressed. The guy doesn't even run his routes. The Gimp got paid and he regressed, if there is/was such a thing. Collins got paid and couldn't stay in shape. Tell me ONE player that got paid that we can claim has earned his contract? Maybe an OL? Martin? Fred? Tyrone Smith?

Even the FA players we acquire fall into the rut that they see. That mind set is a cancer but worse because it's contagious. It spreads through and permeates the locker room. The bigger issue is that, after all these years, Jerry doesn't see it. Stephen may or may not see it but he won't pay anyone like the old man. Only a few types of coaches can overcome Jerry. Jimmy and Parcells come to mind. People were scared of these miserable fucks but they could coach. Only time will tell if MM is one of these coaches.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I firmly believe this is the players way of rebelling. No one is accountable so they blame the coaches. All the while we see their effort, or lack thereof, on the field.
If you have the type of player who would intentionally perform badly as a form of rebellion, do you want that player or players on your roster?

The case for blowing the whole thing up and starting fresh gets stronger by the hour.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
According to Jerry coaching is not the problem, and effort is not the problem.

If Jerry comes out again and says everything is fine and is real nonchalant about the loss it only leads me back to my conspiracy theory that Jerry is tanking.

He's not that clever, he really thinks he can talk fans into staying interested and/or being fans when in reality fans are still around in spite of that jack ass. He's happy to leave money on the table the way he does things because he'd rather be comfortable, have fun and be the face of everything vs letting football experts be front & center, creating an expectation of winning above all else and fostering the uncomfortable environment that is conducive to winning.

The undying fan devotion allows jones and spawn to get away with bloody murder. They haven't won jack shit in 25 years, yet fans still abide. Imagine how much more money they could print if they were actually worth a shit and won a super bowl every once in a while

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just brought up the conspiracy theory again because of Jerry’s attitude toward this season. Again, he sounds almost giddy over it, not upset at all. Even when this team was at its worst in the past he always seemed extremely upset. That’s not the case this season. So that’s what makes me think something is up.

And I'll add this B that goes directly to your point. No one can say that they know for sure what's going through Jerry's mind. Hiring the Red Dolt before his HC (Wade) was what we all thought it was. Folks at the Zone would argue for days on end that other teams operated this way. They don't. The problem now is that Jerry is old and senile so no one knows what's going on in that dome of his, not even Jerry.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Doom's thinks it's a system problem and it's too complicated
You may have missed my overall point, but there's no doubt changing the entire defensive system and terminology without benefit of an offseason and preseason is malpractice. Dave Wannstedt agrees, he said so in pregame on FOX Sunday.

My POINT was, combining that with poor talent is a recipe for disaster. You well know I have always said we're bereft of talent on the D side of the ball.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've always thought that was a double-edged sword. Is/are the player or players just making excuses, trying to shift blame for their poor performance?

It’s probably both

But as a player you don’t let that type of comment slip out to the media either intentionally or on accident unless you no longer care about the repercussions

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He's not that clever, he really thinks he can talk fans into staying interested and/or being fans when in reality fans are still around in spite of that jack ass. He's happy to leave money on the table the way he does things because he'd rather be comfortable, have fun and be the face of everything vs letting football experts be front & center, creating an expectation of winning above all else and fostering the uncomfortable environment that is conducive to winning.

The undying fan devotion allows jones and spawn to get away with bloody murder. They haven't won jack shit in 25 years, yet fans still abide. Imagine how much more money they could print if they were actually worth a shit and won a super bowl every once in a while

That’s also very true, he’s perfectly happy making billions of dollars and being able to skip around the facility with no one to challenge him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But as a player you don’t let that type of comment slip out to the media either intentionally or on accident unless you no longer care about the repercussions
True that. But as that player, you wouldn't do it anonymously.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hope is a powerful emotion. No plan....just hope.

hope and unbridled (+unwarranted) optimism is all jones and spawn will ever have, they're virtually devoid of any of the skills required to create a winning organization

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
And I'll add this B that goes directly to your point. No one can say that they know for sure what's going through Jerry's mind. Hiring the Red Dolt before his HC (Wade) was what we all thought it was. Folks at the Zone would argue for days on end that other teams operated this way. They don't. The problem now is that Jerry is old and senile so no one knows what's going on in that dome of his, not even Jerry.

Also very true. He’s early 2000’s Al Davis. Mind is gone.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you have the type of player who would intentionally perform badly as a form of rebellion, do you want that player or players on your roster?

The case for blowing the whole thing up and starting fresh gets stronger by the hour.

It's not so much that they're playing poorly as a form of rebellion, it's that they blame the coaches for their lack of effort and complacency. Big difference.

MM has to exert himself. He has to send a message. There has to be a new mind-set and he has to set the tone. Now, don;t get me wrong; sometimes the players just don't have the talent to perform. I don't think that we're all that talented on the D side of the ball, to be honest. But their lack of effort is extremely disturbing. It's like, "let me just run into this line and look like I'm trying to do something...." Fuck me, I'm scratching my head most of the time I watch the D and think "what the fuck are they doing/thinking."

Top Bottom