InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
THE university in NY. NOT known for its football "program."

Yep and the university dropped the football program in 2009

On December 3, 2009, the university announced it was terminating the football program. Under NCAA rules, any football players who chose to transfer to other schools were eligible to play immediately, and not subjected to normal residency waiting periods. Scholarship-holders who wished to stay at Hofstra were permitted to keep their scholarships.[42] Funds previously used for the football program went into the creation of the medical school, and enhancing a variety of programs, including hard sciences and engineering.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Lombardi is one of the main idiots who used to praise Garrett. Probably still does.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I didn't like JG, would not have hired him, not intense enough - but once in place I would not have fired him
JG taught hustle first as a matter of policy ... *it's stupid to fire a HC who's team hustles*

the mob argued the players didn't fear JG - the mob will never understand the difference between fear and respect
funny, but I never once heard a player say JG or his staff "can't teach" or "don't do their job"

MM was fired for good reasons from GB, and MN was a bad idea PERIOD.

when I pointed that out the above during pre-season self proclaimed or co-proclaimed "Pro Bowler" members of this forum called me crazy

the same mob offered the number of PB players drafted in the JG era as proof he couldn't coach,
as if PB players are simply drafted and not developed, note Romo was undrafted, Dak a R4 pick

here's what I hope MM does, fire Nolan "as a favor" to the team and get in shape so the players might respect him
it's very hard for a fat man to teach hustle to professional athletes

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I didn't like JG, would not have hired him, not intense enough - but once in place I would not have fired him
JG taught hustle first as a matter of policy ... *it's stupid to fire a HC who's team hustles*

the mob argued the players didn't fear JG - the mob will never understand the difference between fear and respect
funny, but I never once heard a player say JG or his staff "can't teach" or "don't do their job"

MM was fired for good reasons from GB, and MN was a bad idea PERIOD.

when I pointed that out the above during pre-season self proclaimed or co-proclaimed "Pro Bowler" members of this forum called me crazy

the same mob offered the number of PB players drafted in the JG era as proof he couldn't coach,
as if PB players are simply drafted and not developed, note Romo was undrafted, Dak a R4 pick

here's what I hope MM does, fire Nolan "as a favor" to the team and get in shape so the players might respect him
it's very hard for a fat man to teach hustle to professional athletes
You can't teach hustle. You can emphasize it, but a player either does it or he doesn't. Once it becomes clear he either can't or wont, you cut him.

And I'm not sure I follow your logic on Garrett. You didn't think he was good enough, but wouldn't have fired him? So you want us to be mediocre in perpetuity, without any hope of winning a championship?

And as for MM needing to get in shape to command respect. Ever heard of John Madden? Andy Reid?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
something mustve obstructed jaylon's #ClearEyeView

We are getting such poor play from the Gimp and it's just eye popping if you watch him during plays. Just keep an eye on him the next game you watch you'll have these WTF moments time after time.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You can't teach hustle. You can emphasize it, but a player either does it or he doesn't. Once it becomes clear he either can't or wont, you cut him.

And I'm not sure I follow your logic on Garrett. You didn't think he was good enough, but wouldn't have fired him? So you want us to be mediocre in perpetuity, without any hope of winning a championship?

And as for MM needing to get in shape to command respect. Ever heard of John Madden? Andy Reid?
some good points

I would not have hired JG or fired him. Part of that is - *who's was gonna do better job of managing JJ than JG?*

there is just an over arching issue here ... JJ

as for Madden, he had monster charism and obvious brains,
Reid I would never have hired (it's Mahomes), wasted a bunch of talent in Philly ... should have been a dynasty
MM, well he pretty much lost me when he hired Nolan - OMG

"fat man" was not a cool way to put it, point being MM needs to impress the team with something other that he once won a SB (with Rodgers) to fire up this team

if I'd had my druthers they'd have either kept JG and fired Rod, or got a young defensive guru at HC / DC, and left Kellen and Colombo in place
besides MM throws too many short passes ... not Dak's best stuff, his short touch can be disastrous

as usually JJ screwed it up - I know most fans were just glad JG was gone, but JG was never really the problem
about 10% of the venom targeted at JG was deserved

I'd rather they hired any top NFL DC or even a defensive mind college coach
honestly if they'd have ironed things out with Jack Del Rio -
IMO, it may have been hard to do worse than MM & MN combo

think about it this D is so bad it makes LVE, Smith, and even Brown look slow
it's hard to screw up that bad

BTW, hustle can be taught and should be constantly reinforced by team culture, it should be expected
the Boys do look for "high motor" types, but that ain't enough

all that said and bad schemes are hard to teach and kill enthusiasm

Top Bottom